Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody keen in having a VR4 modelcar made ?

Last Online
    15-07-2004
    Country
    Singapore
    Car
    Galant VR4

Anybody keen in having a VR4 modelcar made ?

Hello to all owners of VR4 saloons and Legnum cars out there,
    I have located a manufacturer who's able to produce our favourite VR4 saloon and Legnum into 1/43 or 1/24 scale high detail die-cast model cars.
    Through another 1/18 scale manufacturer, I am also able to get a minichamps detail VR4 for members here.
    However the catch is quantity to start the project running.
    I need at least 500+ pcs to go ahead with this project and would appreciate if members can give feedback on colours and specs like rims design etc to be modeled for the VR4.
    For the 1/43 scale modelcars will be a "curbside" model..meaning no opening parts like doors engine, bonnet or boot, but for 1/24 and 1/18..we can have full engine details, opening doors, bonnet and boot + chassis details and carpeting or even leather on the seats etc.
    Pricing would be approx US$ 35 to US$40 for the 1/43 VR4 and US$ 90 to US$ 100 for the 1/24 and 1/18 scale versions.
    Prices can be lower if we have a bigger quantity to bring costs down.
    I hope to get this project running as there are currently no decent modelcars of the VR4..not even a decent E5 series Galant, and I hope to launch the modelcars to members of this forum first, and perhaps even a special edition colour only to members of this forum, and this special edition will not to be sold elsewhere EXCEPT ON THIS FORUM and through THIS FORUM ONLY !
    However other standard colours will be made available through other sales channel.
    Please give it some thought and post your thoughts here.
    Thanks in advance and have a great weekend.
    Cheers !

Last Online
    15-07-2004
    Country
    Singapore
    Car
    Galant VR4

Check out the quality and detail of a 1/24 scale Honda NSX model made by the manufacturer I have in mind !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    20-06-2017
    Country
    United Kingdom

I am keen.....cant see you getting rid of 500 though!

Last Online
    15-07-2004
    Country
    Singapore
    Car
    Galant VR4

And more pics of the model...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last Online
    15-07-2004
    Country
    Singapore
    Car
    Galant VR4

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaveakers
    I am keen.....cant see you getting rid of 500 though!
    U be surprised that there are easily more than 500 buyers for the VR4 modelcars worldwide !
    You know Minichamps once made a limited edition 1/43 scale Mclaren F1 LM modelcar and it was limited to 1500 pcs and for Japan only... and now, it's selling like EURO 150 + each at least, and collectors are grabbing it like nobody's business on Ebay etc whenever they are up for sale !!! :stunned:

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Well, I'd be keen on a 1/24 or a 1/18 model!

Last Online
    15-07-2004
    Country
    Singapore
    Car
    Galant VR4

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran
    Well, I'd be keen on a 1/24 or a 1/18 model!

Are u referring to VR4 or standard Galant 2.0 model ?
    Reason I asked being I may request the manufacturer to do a small run of different Galant variations like 2.0 super saloon, 2.0 GDI and 2.0 VRM as well...
    Let me know what sort of exterior colours, interior colours and rims design.. so that we can discuss what's best to produce for each specification.
    Cheers

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Erm, I don't mind - But if there's a small run of Standard Saloons, then I'd be interested in a silver 2.0GDi with a black/grey interior. I think this model is the most similar to the UK Galant 2.0 GLS that I've got.

That said, I really don't mind. As long as it's a model of an 8G Galant Saloon, I'd buy it!

Last Online
    15-07-2004
    Country
    Singapore
    Car
    Galant VR4

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran
    Erm, I don't mind - But if there's a small run of Standard Saloons, then I'd be interested in a silver 2.0GDi with a black/grey interior. I think this model is the most similar to the UK Galant 2.0 GLS that I've got.

That said, I really don't mind. As long as it's a model of an 8G Galant Saloon, I'd buy it!
    Hmm..that's good to hear I have 2 fellow members who's keen in the project..including myself..3..ok 497 more to go !!!
    Now..for the special limited editon version that's ONLY for MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM ONLY, what specs or colours do u think is the best ?
    We may just have a very limited 50 to a max of 100 pcs for this members only model...so this has to be really special and exclusive like a special VR4 colour + external look like Super VR4 or u guys have better suggestions ?

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

I would be up for this too - in any size we can get going.

For information, there is a company in Japan who already make a 1/43 scale Legnum - which I think was a diecast shell but came as a kit which you had to put together yourself. Will find the website asap.

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

Actually it was 1/24 scale Legnum VR4 Type S and found the link:

Legnum Model

Last Online
    15-07-2004
    Country
    Singapore
    Car
    Galant VR4

Quote Originally Posted by spirit979
    Actually it was 1/24 scale Legnum VR4 Type S and found the link:

Legnum Model

Actually the link you gave is that of a Fujimi plastic kit...the one I'm talking abt is a highly detailed die-cast metal body model car with details that will do the Galant name the credit it's been due for such a long time !
    You know if u look around at hooby stores...you'll find good selections of diecast metal body modelcars of Skylines, Honda NSX's etc etc..but NO GALANTS or worst still..VR4's modelcars out there !!!
    So will that be a saloon VR4 for you ?
    What do u think abt colours and specs like rims etc ?
    Remember your imput + others imput is important so that a good selection of Galant modelcars are made available to us and many Galant lovers here as well as that special limited edition series which I've been talking about !
    Ok now 496 to go... :-D

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

To be honest I would just love it if we had a saloon VR4 and Legnum VR4 in any standard colour - black or silver would be popular - and standard spec to begin with. I agree there are none around, we have searched the net and also asked many model shops (usually get a blank look when you ask lol) !

Last Online
    15-07-2004
    Country
    Singapore
    Car
    Galant VR4

To be honest I would just love it if we had a saloon VR4 and Legnum VR4 in any standard colour - black or silver would be popular - and standard spec to begin with. I agree there are none around, we have searched the net and also asked many model shops (usually get a blank look when you ask lol) !
    `

Yes...that's what I had in mind too..and frankly..I want to have the best Galant and VR4 models available for collectors like us, as it's been a long time past due that a great car like the VR4 should at least be represented by a decent, if not highly detailed diecast metal body model !
    If we wanna do this project...I want it to be the best available..so I need kind feedbacks and imputs from fellow members here, so that we all can have a share of this special memento when it bears fruition.
    And for your info..this will be an official licensed product from MMC as we will get the necessary paperwork to make this an official factory sanctioned item.
    And yes...do u agree with me a special edition for this forum only should be approx 50 to 100 cars or more ???
    And what colour and specs should this special ltd edition be ?
    Thanks for your participation !

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

For this forum only how about something like the VR4 that was in Gran Turismo - get it decked out in special decals etc with Club VR4 on it somewhere too

Last Online
    15-07-2004
    Country
    Singapore
    Car
    Galant VR4

For this forum only how about something like the VR4 that was in Gran Turismo - get it decked out in special decals etc with Club VR4 on it somewhere too

Can u post a pic of this Gran Turismo VR4 ?
    Sounds cool and a good suggestion !!!
    How abt numbers to be issued for this members only edition ?

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

Here's a pic - not saying these colours but it's an idea to start with - maybe limit it to 50 ?

Last Online
    15-07-2004
    Country
    Singapore
    Car
    Galant VR4

Here's a pic - not saying these colours but it's an idea to start with - maybe limit it to 50 ?

Hmm..I need to check with the model manufacturer on that pic to see whether the info there is adequate...as the pic is from the pc game..right ?
    So..maybe we may need more detailed pics for them to follow accurately...

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

Yes its from the Gran Turismo game - it actually inspired Barry (braindG) to buy his VR4, and there was also a member called Petrolhead who copied some of the decals onto his black saloon - I for one thought it looked cool !

I will try and get hold of him to send me some pics so I can post them up for you.

Pete

Last Online
    15-07-2004
    Country
    Singapore
    Car
    Galant VR4

Yes its from the Gran Turismo game - it actually inspired Barry (braindG) to buy his VR4, and there was also a member called Petrolhead who copied some of the decals onto his black saloon - I for one thought it looked cool !

I will try and get hold of him to send me some pics so I can post them up for you.

Pete
    Thanks Pete...looking forward to more detailed pics to get this project moving ahead !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast