Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

I've just had a BRILLIANT idea

All people on the dpb/sickness/unemplyoment (well they are all the same really anyway) benefits should be made to take a urine test every month.

It should test for alcohol, tobacco and of course drugs. If they fail on drugs they are immediately treated like a criminal in the usual way and given fines or put in jail depending on the drugs.

Those who have alcohol or tobacco in their systems should have their benefit reduced by a percentage each time they are caught, and be given food stamps and less money from the day of their first offense to the day they get off the benefit, or until they die.

Name
    Danny
    Last Online
    22-08-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    F/L galant VR4

Question,
    I had a serious accedent a few weeks ago that has caused me to loose the use of one of my hands, meaning I can only(for the time being) be employed on light, part time duties. Because of this I now claim sickness/diablement benefit.
    I dont drink or take drugs but I do smoke. So what your saying is I should have my benefit reduced because of this? Drinking and smoking are not the same, how many people have been killed due to smoking and driving, how many times have you heard of someone being arrested because they were under the influence of tobacco?
    just my opinion

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Yeah but you are working, and obviously doing your best. I'm talking about the people that are not working at all and using my hard earnt money to buy luxuries which are in no way essential and in no way a positive product.

Name
    Trevor
    Last Online
    05-11-2018
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    99 Legnum VR4 T

Thumbs up

Brad my g/f used to work on the call centre for the dept here that sounds like your DPB - she's said for years they should do something like that, and I completely agree - giving people wads of cash every week isn't doing them any good at all. Those people need education, food, clothing and most of all an INCENTIVE to do something useful with themselves.

A friend of my g/f's who she worked with used to say to people "no, you don't get PAID. Employees get paid. People who work. You don't work. You're on welfare, love." She also believes everyone on benefits who isn't working should be collected together in large dormitories and made to do things like tend council verges, make roads etc and in return they have a bed to sleep in, food to eat and clothes to wear. They can leave when they have their own means to sustain their existence.

Personally I think both approaches have merit. Certainly far more than current welfare schemes
    1999 Black Manual Legnum VR4 Type S

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

The National party over here want to introduce a work for the dole scheme which is a great thing imho

Name
    David
    Last Online
    10-02-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Corvette
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by bradc
    All people on the dpb/sickness/unemplyoment (well they are all the same really anyway) benefits should be made to take a urine test every month.

It should test for alcohol, tobacco and of course drugs. If they fail on drugs they are immediately treated like a criminal in the usual way and given fines or put in jail depending on the drugs.

Those who have alcohol or tobacco in their systems should have their benefit reduced by a percentage each time they are caught, and be given food stamps and less money from the day of their first offense to the day they get off the benefit, or until they die.

well brad, you just summed up jess' uni thesis in one post!
    she did it on perternalism which is pretty much if the govt is paying your way through life, the govt should be telling you what you do with the money, ie instead of money, you get food stamps

its one thing if you are on sickness benifit because you hurt youself working or what not but people who just take the piss out of the system really annoy me.

maybe they could work it on a system where if you go on a benifit it gets paid to you as a percentage of the taxes you have paid up until then.

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

+1 for Jess! (even though she is a ginge!) /waits for her to read this

I've thought about that last point a bit in the past. I'm not sure how much tax I've paid over the years, but if I was unable to work for a while, I should be entitled to a percentage of the amount of money I've paid in tax. Same thought of thing for retirement perhaps, if you've paid a huge amount of tax over your lifetime, you should get more money when you retire.

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Quote Originally Posted by bradc
    I've thought about that last point a bit in the past. I'm not sure how much tax I've paid over the years, but if I was unable to work for a while, I should be entitled to a percentage of the amount of money I've paid in tax. Same thought of thing for retirement perhaps, if you've paid a huge amount of tax over your lifetime, you should get more money when you retire.
    So if you earn more money then you have the right for higher payments of pension and sickness benefit ?

But wouldn't this make people who are in lower income paid job's strive for job's that pay more income... Then we would have a defecit of workers in the lower paid banded job's. The job's that need doing and are the backbone of countries and the job's that if they wern't done would undermine the very foundations that hold up the structure of the country and that allow people that are on higher earnings to achieve them

CALLING HMS KIERAN !!! HURRY UP WITH THAT NEW SMILEY !!

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Exactly, it would make people who are in lower paid jobs strive for better jobs

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Then who would do the lower paid jobs ????

Kanji Automotive Solutions - Looking after your Pride and Joy

Servicing - Upgrades - Tuning - Pre Used Parts - Undersealing - Advice - Consultancy
    PM or Call me for any work requests or to discuss your requirements
    Ebay Shop -> http://stores.ebay.co.uk/sun-wizzard...=p4634.c0.m322

To contact the CVR4 Staff please see HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

the current unemployed and youth's

Name
    Jan
    Last Online
    26-04-2015
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Series 2 Legnum

Well I guess you won't be voting for Labour or the Greens then, eh?

Name
    David
    Last Online
    10-02-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Corvette
    My Garage
    Visit

ok well maybe years worked? or something.

when i finished tech i was on the dole for 6 weeks while looking for a job. every week i had to go into meetings and discuss my job searching. one week i went in and i over heard this dude talking to someone...he had been recieving a benifit of some discription for around 8 years.

following week i go in and tell the woman that i have 2 job interviews that week. then she turns around and says "but we hhave a job placement for ou as a cleaner at the movies..."

i told her that they could keep there bloody money and i got a job that week.

it defys logic that there is a bludger out there with no qulifications who could quite easily be out cleaning toilets but hes too lazy and kept getting sacked apparantly.

then there was me with a Dip in IT and my automotive engineering pre trade, and can prove that i was activly looking for a job, but the are saying "no, you have to do this min wage job"

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

There is more chance of me owning a ford than voting for either one of those piss poor excuses for a communist party

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Good grief, as someone currently unemployed (though not seeking benefits), I must say I'm quite taken aback at some of the opinions mentioned here!

Name
    Shane
    Last Online
    11-02-2022
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    99 Galant VR4

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconAngel

...... and made to do things like tend council verges, make roads etc
    So what am I going to do with myself since you have just made me unemployed?
    A lot of skill is needed to do this job, Or are you saying that we are stupid?
    I wouldent want to drive my vr4 on any of there roads, no hang on I will open a shock shop. Discount to all members apart from SiliconAngel

I think your idea is floored. What about the solo mums with pre schoolers?
    Child care is not cheap, half the time is not even worth going back to work.
    But given them a fist full of cash every other week is not the right thing to do either, chits is the way to go.
    Last edited by Fully; 08-10-2008 at 11:05 AM.

"The
    KOKENATOR Sent back in time to destroy all inferior tools!"

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Someone's got to carry the gravel though, that isn't a job requiring smarts

Why are there solo mothers with preschoolers? Sure marriages do break up, but it should be each parents responsibility to ensure that they are financially capable of supporting any kids they have. If the mother isn't sure who the father is, well imho it's her own fault, and I shouldn't have to pay for her problems!

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Kieran - as a hard worker for the last however many years there should be a safety net for you, of which imho should last for a period based on how many years you've worked and contributed to the country. I know you're not going to be one of those who will sit around and not work for the next 10 years, so I can't see how it would really affect you?

Name
    Shane
    Last Online
    11-02-2022
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    99 Galant VR4

lol so narrow minded, that is what trucks, loaders and diggers are used for.

Can you operate any of the above?
    Are you licenced to drive any of the above?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast