Neil
    Last Online
    14-01-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    2003 Saloon V6

Rain-x

I know many of us use rain-x rain repellent and it does wonders but I was wondering if anyone has used their newer products.. the windscreen washer additive (which applies rain-x repellent aswell) and the all in one glass cleaner & rain repellent spray. Noticed them in halfords the other day.
    Galant 2.5 V6 24v Elegance 2003

Blistein B12 Suspension Kit, Short Shifter, VR4 Front Strut Bar, Rear Spoiler, Amsoil Oil & Filter, Wind Deflectors, Sound Deadened, Stainless Steel Door Sill, Black Diamond Rear Brakes Discs & Pads, Headlight HID Kit, ICPC & ICE, Custom Centre Console - 8" Touchscreen LCD
    & DVD slot loader.

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    04-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS

I tried rain-x that you apply to the windscreen for a while, the novelty soon wears off and you realise for safety you still need your wipers anyways

Havent seen the new stuff though so cant comment

Mike
    Still here somewhere........

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

I use Fastglass to clean my windows, then 2 coats of rain X, otherwise carlack is supposed to be pretty good. Havnt heard anything about new rain x stuff

Name
    I
    Last Online
    07-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V70

I found that in very low temperatures rain-X does not work well, and results in bad visibility problems when using the wipers until the screen warms up.

Rain-X is great for the side windows and wing mirrors.

Rain-X Screenwash works very well, and doesn't have the same problem in low temps as rain-X does. I found that a combination of Halford's Premium ready mixed (pink) + Comma concentrate (blue) + Rain-X screenwash (pale pink) works very well. It also glows weirdly (not in the dark... just in the light it doesn't look right...).
    It's been a crazy year, But through all the damage done,
    I have turned and I have learned, To make next year a better one,
    Singing Oh Hallelujah,
    Singing Oh I am home.

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

I think it's brilliant, except that it's not that effective when in town doing about 20mph and it's drizzling, or you're getting road spray on the screen! So yeah, you need to use the wipers at times - which has the unfortunate effect of wearing the coating down. This is where maybe that windscreen wash additive could be quite good and worth a try.

Dual carriageway and motorway driving when it's raining, heavily or otherwise, I think the stuff is superb! No need to use the wipers at all - it's practically like driving with a clear screen.

I have also used it on my side windows, mirrors and rear screen. The best affect this had at slow speeds was that the water beaded into nice round drops, rather than blobbing and joining together, distorting the view out the windows. This noticeably improved the night-time visibility around town. At higher speeds, the water just blew away!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

if you coat the mirrors in it, and whilst doing over 50or 60mph fold your mirrors in and the water flys off them then reopen them so you can clearly see behind you