26-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    shogun 3.2 di-d
    My Garage
    Visit

iv only managed to change the 2 big side mounts so far and i agree with you on the vibrations when standing still, but while moving i dont think its that much of a problem. but the gear box whining or whatever it is annoying as hell!

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    14-11-2010
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Vr4 Legnum

Hmmmm sounds like im alone on this one then.....bummer, thinkign bout sellin it if it will sell its that bad tbh

Name
    peter
    Last Online
    05-01-2022
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Jeep SRT8

Any chance this is a clutch related issue and the mounts are making it more pronounced

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    14-11-2010
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Vr4 Legnum

Well i do have clutch issues, it dont fully engage when you put your foot on the clutch the revs hold for a bit then they slowly start falling back to idle, but i thought that problem might have been from the busted engine mount so i changed the mounts and the clutch problem is still there but the shocking vibration has come from the mounts not the clutch

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    14-11-2010
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Vr4 Legnum

but its only during a certain rev range if it was the clutch id expect it to be happening all the time....perhaps? thinking of changing the front and rear mounts back to rubber see if that helps

Name
    Daniel
    Last Online
    15-03-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    8G VR4 + Colt

Sounds like the clutch is stuffed - could be that the vibration is more pronounced at lower revs because it's turning slower.

I've done poly mounts on all but the front stopper, I can feel slight vibrations at idle but that's it.

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    14-11-2010
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Vr4 Legnum

ok cool cheers guys, ill change the roller mounts back to rubber if i can get hold of some replacements and if that dont fix anything guess ill be puttin ANOTHER clutch in =[

Name
    Alistair
    Last Online
    24-03-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1996 Legnum VR4

I would agrre I know my mounts are stuffed and organising some polys now but I have the same vibration and I know for a fact my clutch is stuffed. I pray daily its gonna hold as its slipping pretty bad so if I were you I would look into replacing your clutch

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    14-11-2010
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Vr4 Legnum

But its a HDB and never slips even if i dump the clutch in highish revs it just grabs and goes, it only plays up coming through the gears from 5th to 4th etc, i literally have to give a lil rev to free up the gears before it frees up the gear stick to go back a gear otherwise as i explained it holds the revs for a while then it slowly slowly starts dropping back to idle, unless i rev it, but for the life of me i cant see how that would contribute to the car vibrating like this. Ive also noticed at 90 or 100km i get this annoying vibration every 200ms or so, its like the wheels are slightly bent or have a wobble, but it wasnt there before the polys went in, im not saying thats the problem but its like something is not balanced correctly and its only prelevant at higher speeds. Hmmmmmm i dont know its all too hard

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    14-11-2010
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Vr4 Legnum

Would it be safe to remove the cross member and go for a quick drive and see if i notice any improvement?

Name
    peter
    Last Online
    05-01-2022
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Jeep SRT8

Quote Originally Posted by timmae2009
    Would it be safe to remove the cross member and go for a quick drive and see if i notice any improvement?
    I wouldn't advise doing that.

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by peter thomson
    I wouldn't advise doing that.
    Me neither.

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    14-11-2010
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Vr4 Legnum

Guess ill try changing the rear roller mount back to rubber first see if it makes it better. I believe the roller mounts are what would make the vibration worse as opposed to the engine mounts

Name
    Alan
    Last Online
    24-06-2023
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    VR-4 Leg & R33

Having read this thread from start to finish for the second time in recent weeks, I've just ordered Dave's deal kit http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...ackageDeal001# for £88.74 delivered.
    Hopefully no customs charges and, as I'm not too bothered about having red inserts, opted for the black which isn't special order and so will be with me two weeks earlier.
    I want this kit to replace all 4 mounts in the existing casings...... I HOPE! (starts to read thread again for the 3rd time)
    '97 Legnum VR-4 type S
    DONE - SARD 530cc injectors, SARD AFPR, FMIC, MAP2-ECU, Ralliart air filter & 'Special' MAF, Magnecor leads, NGK 7s, Polyeurethane engine mounts, New lash adjusters, RPW downpipes, Powerflow 3" full de-cat exhaust, Reconditioned turbos, Bespoke AYC gauge, SARD R2D2 BOV, CarPC with EvoScan, Fusion amp & InPhase sub, EBC Turbo grooved & dimpled brake discs, EBC red & green pads, HKS SuperForm Lowering springs, Hydraulic bonnet dampers, Momo steering wheel, Bespoke wideband AFR/Oil pressure gauge thingy, New wiper blades all round!, Amsoiled... woo hoo!
    Growling out 349ft/lb torque, 296 fly HP @ 0.9 bar

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    14-11-2010
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Vr4 Legnum

I bought the same kit in black...................so dont read this thread again be reassured itll fit fine..................oh guys i think the bad vibrations im experiencing may possible be from my tyres and never noticed it until the engine was mounted more solidly, each tyre has a shocking bulge on the inside walls and looks like the rubber is warped or somethign i dont know hoping the new rims and tyres will fix it otherwise guess the clutch will be replaced.......so lost to whats causing it cause it does the vibration thing even in neutral at a stand still

Name
    Ash
    Last Online
    26-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    shogun 3.2 di-d
    My Garage
    Visit

mine vibrates at standstill with just the two side mounts... just dont stay still :-D

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

with the polly mounts the only noticable vibration is a small amout at idle when in gear in a auto and foot on the brake. but nock it in to neutral and vibration is gone. no other vibration at all.

if you rally don't like this vibration at idle then increase you idle speed to 750-800rpm and vibration is gone.

Bye for Now!

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    14-11-2010
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Vr4 Legnum

Its nothign at idle its only between around 1200-2400ish rom not at idle, at idle its bearable once the revs increase the steering wheel moves like f*** and soem of the interior parts make rattle noises!!!!!

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

The V6 engine is a very smooth unit. Even with solid aluminium mounts, I find it amazing that a car running correctly would vibrate that much at 2000 rpm.

I haven't yet experienced poly mounts, so can't make an informed observation, but it does sound like you have something else going on.

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    14-11-2010
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Vr4 Legnum

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann
    The V6 engine is a very smooth unit. Even with solid aluminium mounts, I find it amazing that a car running correctly would vibrate that much at 2000 rpm.

I haven't yet experienced poly mounts, so can't make an informed observation, but it does sound like you have something else going on.

Yup it sure does i just dont know what and neither does anyone else, even no one local?!?! Just my luck

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast