Last Online
    05-01-2022
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Jeep SRT8

Thanks Catalan

Quote Originally Posted by Catalan
    ok, I ask my dealer too for compose it (usually I buy in summit racing)
    Ask a simple question, never receive an answer these days

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    25-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Well thought i wold update you all. we are talking USD here.

A full set of engine mounts wold be $140 inc shipping but +duty 10% + Vat 15%.

but when i bought mine i didn't pay duty or vat they just shipped straight to me. I suppose i was lucky, they are small enough item so as not to attract attention.

grand total would be about $170 which means you can use the original front roll stopper mount, so you don't have to buy the Eclipse one.

$170 that seem a bit steep when a full eclipse V6 00-05 set is about $72 + $45 shipping + duty 10% +VAT 15% total= $148 plus you would have to get an eclipse V6 front roll stopper mount to carve up to fit the insert. New ones go for about $45 + shipping about $25.

maybe $170 is not such a bad price.

there is always another option and that is to by the eclipse kit and then buy the correct front roll stopper as well. and stick the unwanted eclipse front roll stoppers back on ebay to recoupe some money, but that would probably be a hassle to do that.

i have asked about a group buy and discount for 5 or 10 sets i will see what he comes back with.

what do you think.
    Last edited by Davezj; 17-08-2009 at 10:22 PM.

Bye for Now!

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

I can guarantee a total of four sets to be bought if the price comes down a bit.

Good work bud!

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    25-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

oh by the way, for all of that have bought the V6 eclipse kit which has the wrong front roll stopper bush for our cars original matal casing, we could order a few of theses as well. to satisfy these people me included.

if we can't get a group discount on the actual part price then the shipping will be cheaper to buy together but i don't know how much.

the other option i was thinking of was to take a hit on individual postage cost and take a chance you don't get charged Duty & Vat like when i bought my original set, probably because it was a small package. but we would have to all order them separatly to see if we could get them through under the radar so to speek.

Anyway i will let you know what turns up.

i am going to order the bushes i need to see for my self that they are 100% the ones we need, as i would be mortified if i suggested to other to buy some parts that turned out to be the wrong ones.

the parts are listed as a 2 week lead time, so i will get my order off soon and as i say i will let you know.

Name
    Louis
    Last Online
    23-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Legnum Vr4
    My Garage
    Visit

Hi,
    I received my 13-505 so here are some photos, I would say it will fit fine, the only thing different is length of the metal centre, you will see in the photos. if this were a prob I reckon I can push the old metal into the new poly bush, but will post findings as I will be doing this on Monday.
    The metal width fits exactly within the raised sides of the poly bush, although it doesn't look like it does in the photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Updating Soon!! 1998 Legnum VR4, fully serviced every 4500 miles. Fully Amsoil'd. Falken 453's, EVO 8 FQ320 rear diff.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    25-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

got a message back from Graham at energy suspension and he would need an order of 10+ sets to arrange a discount. so i asked what sort of discount and what sort of reduction in the shipping can we get. he will be getting back to me. keep your ears open for an update.

and louis post up pics of the fitment. and if it fits OK do you need to clean up the old metal sleve and fit it to the new bush, can you confirm.

cheers louis this is really useful info and will allow a possible group buy to get off the ground sooner than expected.

Name
    peter
    Last Online
    05-01-2022
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Jeep SRT8

I may well be interested in up to 3 sets Dave. One for Keiths VR4 and 2 to make up a set for an auto and a manual

Name
    Louis
    Last Online
    23-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Legnum Vr4
    My Garage
    Visit

I already have the full eclipse set, I am doing a bit of a FULL service and changing engines for a freshened up one and doing as much as poss while I am there, all fluids and a bit of rustproofing, I will post info on engine mounts and what I need to do to get them all together and in there. I will look and se, but I am not sure if the centre metal being shorter will make a difference, but if it looks like it may allow crushing I will swap the old one out, I will post findings here, cheers Louis

Name
    Phil
    Last Online
    02-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    96 Legnum VR-4

Interesting that the fornt roll stop are solid polyurethane - the Eclipse ones have the holes as per post#55.

Can you comment on how close a fit the sleeve is to the bolt that passes though? On the stock OEM mount and the Eclipse mount the bolt is a fair bit narrower which seems odd - compared the rear roll stop which has a bigger bolt IIRC and is a much closer fit in the sleeve. I was toying with the idea of drilling out the holes on the centre member so I could fit a closer fitting bolt to try and minimise any free play (I realise this might increase vibration).

Name
    Louis
    Last Online
    23-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Legnum Vr4
    My Garage
    Visit

I am not sure if I understand 100%, but you can see (sort of!) in the second photo that the metal centre in the new 13-505 poly bush is the same diameter and bore as the original VR4 mount, it is just not as long, so it is the same as the orig, hope that makes sense.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

I'd take a set of poly bushes for the auto in a group buy. Having changed mine for fresh standard ones my engine still jerks like crazy if I lift off whilst accelerating hard. It can't be doing anything in there any good.
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    25-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

The interest in sets of bushes is good, but i want to make 100% sure before opening out to everyone that this replacement front roll stopper really is a direct replacemet.

louis is doing the front one (at the moment/very soon) so that should confirm it.

once payday comes and goes then i will buy the front and rear roll stopper i need to complete my kit for my car fit them and let you all know.

i only want to continue with this when i am completely satisfied that it is ok. i would feel really bad if recommend this part and it did fit. so you wil have to wait until i can get it sorted. there is a 2-3 week lead time on these bushes at the moment. so it is not going to be an instant buy option.

Name
    Louis
    Last Online
    23-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Legnum Vr4
    My Garage
    Visit

Hi, I fitted all my engine mounts including the front roll stopper. The front roll stopper 13-505 fits in the standard VR4 roll stop metal mount. The centre shaft is the same width as the poly bush, which is shorter than the original, but this is not a problem, just don't overtighten the bracket and squash it!. The space at each side of the bush is not a problem as the side engine mounts stop sideways movement, and the front roll stopper stops roll, not sideways movement.
    So all good, all fitted well, will post more when I have driven it, I will also get a couple of pics up.
    What I ordered was:
    The V6 Eclipse full kit that Peter posted the info on, and I also bought the 13-505, mentioned before, (so I have an extra rear mount that was not used), cheers Louis
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Nice work Louis, however I'm fairly certain there a repercussions to the bush not being wide enough.

Name
    Louis
    Last Online
    23-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Legnum Vr4
    My Garage
    Visit

There is literally NO movement sideways on the front roll stopper, (this could be due to the new side mounts). I checked using a pry bar. Although it could possibly move when the car is out and on the road. What you could do is put a couple of spacers or washers each side to be doubly sure.
    Personally I reckon it is there to stop the engine roll when accelerating and reving and engine braking, it doesn't act as an engine mount, so sideways movement should not be an issue, but I will keep an eye on it and post findings, cheers Louis

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

A handfull of washers would be my solution. And would only cost pennies anyway.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    25-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Cheers for this louis. i will order mine now and let you know, placing order now.
    then post up for group buy.

can i suggest louis that you strip off all the rubber from the original center tube from the old rollstopper and fit this to the prothane bush this will give the side to side rigidity. well that is what i plan to do.

Name
    Louis
    Last Online
    23-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Legnum Vr4
    My Garage
    Visit

"can i suggest louis that you strip off all the rubber from the original center tube from the old rollstopper and fit this to the prothane bush this will give the side to side rigidity. well that is what i plan to do."[/QUOTE]

Yes, that would work, i mentioned that I might do that, but when I actually put them all together I decided to just go with it as it was, but I don't see any probs swapping the centre metals, cheers Louis
    Last edited by Louis; 02-09-2009 at 08:35 AM.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    25-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Nice one louis, thanks for the updates.
    just ordered my front and rear rollstopper inserts.
    so i will see how long they take to turn up.

Name
    Alistair
    Last Online
    24-03-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1996 Legnum VR4

I have read threw this thread and am completely lost as there are talks of different parts from eclipse evos etc. Can someone please give me all correct part numbers I need to order to change all my mounts> Please as my front mount has given way completely

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast