Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by WODJNO
    This place gets worse ??

Your all a bunch of ....................
    Derr? Why does this place get worse?!

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Honestly: I swear it happens as the value of any car passes a certain point.

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Steve
    WTF .. I've neve heard so much cack !!

Name
    Robin
    Last Online
    19-10-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Seat Toledo

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Steve
    There's actually a second point where things start to pick up again, around £4-500. Retrorides being a good example.
    Team Throbbe
    Consistently Achieving Deferred Success

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Invisibility mode is for people who want to be unnoticed whilst they browse.

Anyone except moderators sees the invisible person as offline when they are online.

I have never used it myself, and I would imagine I never would. I can understand that people want to bu unnoticed, though. That's why I painted my Brembos black. It's also why I have no desire to change to an Evo. I like subtlety.

I can't see what harm invisibility mode causes. Can someone explain to me what the negative side of it is? Otherwise I agree with Kieran - leave it there for those shy people who want to use it.

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

To tell you the truth, i have always thought it is a strange thing to have on a public forum ?

The main reason for me bringing it up at this moment in time, is due to a certain member who has been getting up just about everyones nose of late.. And now they have realised they have pi$$ed everyone off well and truly.. They have started to use invisibility mode so they can't be seen to be online Hiding and skulking around in the background and just popping up to post there comments..

Anyway... If they want to be sneaky then so be it.. But i just thought i'd add my Two Penneth as this is a Public forum for everyone to discuss current matters in public..

Close the thread if it's deemed to be pointless and inapropriate

I'm done on here

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

I'm always up for a friendly and logical discussion, Wodj! I was just wondering what your thoughts were as to why it is a bad idea.

I think I understand now, but I'm not sure what difference it makes if someone who annoys people is invisible or not?

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Definitely not Cack, Wodj: have seen too many forums have a total change of attitude when the cars themselves hit a certain price point: I'm not having a go at you at all: it happens to the whole forum dynamic. Interestingly, it's usually around the time when it's cheap to buy to break the cars up. Seen it happen with Zeds, Scoobs, has started to happen with Skyline forums of late too. As Throbbe say: at some point the marque starts to become a "labour of love" and then the forum dynamic changes again. It's totally subconcious, and of all the Clubs, CVR4 is the least bitchy, nasty or competitive, I think because most people have thought about what they want from these cars, rather than "MAX POWER POSSE". I definitely consider this a place of fairly thoughtful and considered posts: just look at the post quality compared to the more 'popular' forums. Maybe I am being stuck up, but half of the appeal of vr-4s is their stealth, and the other half is their practicality, which means, IMO a slightly more thoughtful kind person.

So someone wants to keep a low profile? They're welcome IMO. Hey, there's always a dark horse at every party ). It's not going to change the nature of the responses, and that's what counts.
    Anything else is just appearances, and you're not objecting to my pug-ugly mush LOL.

-shrug- no one's having a pop at you: just disagreeing. Why so defensive?

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    12-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    2009 Colt

Quote Originally Posted by WODJNO

This place gets worse ??

Your all a bunch of ....................

only one thing to say to that.........
    'Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la, la la la la
    "Finishing second means you are the first person to lose"................ (Gilles Villeneuve)

Name
    Shane
    Last Online
    11-02-2022
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    99 Galant VR4

You carnt turn it off, it is built into the forum software

Its a feature/security used with the use cable modems. Most modems are on 24/7. A site would think that you are on there site 24/7.
    I use it all the time, I becomes a habbit after a while to just click invisable mode :/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123