Terry
    Last Online
    06-02-2017
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2003 Blue rx8

Quote Originally Posted by wintertidenz
    This is the boot install I did in 10 hours...

Install in my old car:

Now in the Legnum:

If you already have the gear, cables and time/know-how, then it's easy
    I my self have two re audio 12" subs lined up with a 1500watt d calss amp and a smaller 4 cha for the fronts. ( yes fronts ).. one of the lads from nzicemag will help me install it...

Looking forward to some seriously deep bass..

back in 2003.. my old inspire used to have about 3 car lengths infront and behind clear of me in rush hour crawl along the hiway time...

amazing what two 600 watt subs will do when properly powered and tuned.

I will just install teh subs and mono amp first with all the rca's ready for the 4ch later on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

day dreaming of 13b's , huge ports and suicide doors, and a few other things too I cant say here.

Name
    Dawso
    Last Online
    27-04-2011
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    2 VR4's!! w00t!

I had a fairly custom install in my last car (It was actually a ute) but at this stage i'm kinda looking for inspiration for the VR4's....

I couldn't deal with no stereo though so i had to put SOMETHING in my daily

There are Alpine Type - X's in the front running off that amp and just that little sub as a temp till i get the rest of my gear back. Eventually it will end up with a Rockford Fosgate monoblock and 2 Alpine Type - S 12" subs as well... Most likely a stealth install

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...Picture099.jpg

So is someone over here gonna give me some inspiration!
    Last edited by pu-11-me; 11-02-2009 at 01:23 AM.

Name
    Terry
    Last Online
    06-02-2017
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2003 Blue rx8

Quote Originally Posted by pu-11-me
    I had a fairly custom install in my last car (It was actually a ute) but at this stage i'm kinda looking for inspiration for the VR4's....

There are Alpine Type - X's in the front running off that amp and just that little sub as a temp till i get the rest of my gear back. Eventually it will end up with a Rockford Fosgate monoblock and 2 Alpine Type - S 12" subs as well... Most likely a stealth install

come to http://forums.nzicemag.co.nz/index.php.. they might inspire you...

looks like my tyre well is gonna house my battery.... and at least one of my amps. I know one of the amps will be mounted infront of the subs and behind the other amp.

Name
    Daniel
    Last Online
    15-03-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    8G VR4 + Colt

There are some nice installs on that site, but just be careful of some of the guys on there - they can be complete dicks...

Name
    Terry
    Last Online
    06-02-2017
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2003 Blue rx8

have you seen the skyline ute over here? it had a really nice sound setup ... r33ute.

Name
    Dawso
    Last Online
    27-04-2011
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    2 VR4's!! w00t!

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie
    come to http://forums.nzicemag.co.nz/index.php.. they might inspire you...

looks like my tyre well is gonna house my battery.... and at least one of my amps. I know one of the amps will be mounted infront of the subs and behind the other amp.
    have you seen the skyline ute over here? it had a really nice sound setup ... r33ute.
    Hmmmm...... I might just have a browse through, cheers bro

My amps are going to go under the rear floor in the cargo areas but subs install is the inspiration required.... I might just go with something basic, being in a wagon and all

I have seen the Skyline, I HAVEN'T seent the install but.... I'll track it down down!

There are some nice installs on that site, but just be careful of some of the guys on there - they can be complete dicks...
    Thanks mate... I think i'll just look around and keep my mouth shut hehe (Like i do on here )

Name
    Terry
    Last Online
    06-02-2017
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2003 Blue rx8

you could do something very different with youre ute...

for example.... 2x re 8 inch subs. they can put out 140+db.... have them mounted between the seats facing forwards... sorta like the subs in a dodge viper does...

or i spose you could go with 4 of the suckers... two behind each seat... damn sure that would be plenty of power and bass.

Name
    Quinton
    Last Online
    25-06-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Built VR4 Leggy

um i dont want to poach or cause any nonsense but i am in the middle of discussions withSSS in PN on a standard fitment system fibreglass sub install tyre well kkit we will try support fitment in most cars but may differ,as for the fibreglass box,it works a dream,mums car has bass from Naam...in the lil vitz,leme know if theres a bitta interest and i mite invest in a kit for the vr4's complete with top cover etc...

Name
    Daniel
    Last Online
    15-03-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    8G VR4 + Colt

you could do something very different with youre ute...

for example.... 2x re 8 inch subs. they can put out 140+db.... have them mounted between the seats facing forwards... sorta like the subs in a dodge viper does...

or i spose you could go with 4 of the suckers... two behind each seat... damn sure that would be plenty of power and bass.

That's if you can get 2 or even 4 of the RE8's over here now I don't think they are imported anymore... another option might be to make a small box with a Pioneer flat piston sub, or if you have a bit more room, an IDMAX 10".

Name
    Terry
    Last Online
    06-02-2017
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2003 Blue rx8

That's if you can get 2 or even 4 of the RE8's over here now I don't think they are imported anymore... another option might be to make a small box with a Pioneer flat piston sub, or if you have a bit more room, an IDMAX 10".
    Rockford Fosgate make 8 inch subs namely P2D28 200watts nominal and 400 watts max... that will be dead easy to power up..one large mono block should do the trick. of around... ummm 1000 watts like a eaudio1000 or similar..

tied to look at sony but they dont do 8 inch drivers no more...

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

VR4WAGN.......any chance of you making up a fibreglassbox that fits the space around the rear wheel arch? Apparently there is a factory fit option for an 8" sub there, and I would dearly like to locate a 10" sub in that space...it should fit!

Name
    Quinton
    Last Online
    25-06-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Built VR4 Leggy

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Steve
    VR4WAGN.......any chance of you making up a fibreglassbox that fits the space around the rear wheel arch? Apparently there is a factory fit option for an 8" sub there, and I would dearly like to locate a 10" sub in that space...it should fit!
    stop stealing my ideas lol,Steve, yup you read my mind man..
    im also going to be doing this as it seems a more logical idea for space saving to me,i have skinned rear quarters off a wreck and i will split in half and fabricat a mold that sits perfectly between the walls of the shell and then work on the appearance face too. um im also going to be considering a mounting area for the amp in there aswell but will be coushioned to disperse the vibrations,but again,ill be using 1 of 3 manufacturers for this 1 Rockford, 2-Pioneer, and 3 Sony or Fusion

Name
    Dawso
    Last Online
    27-04-2011
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    2 VR4's!! w00t!

Lightbulb

In my ute i had before the Leggy's, i had 2 12" subs in a full custom box UNDER the tray next to the fuel tank.

I ported the box into the cab and tuned it. I also reversed the polarity so the subs made pressure in the cab (ie, fired into the box and out the port into the cab).... Had 1000WRMS driving them and it was a very tight sound as the box was pretty small. Was good for 140dB

Don't do sealed behind the seats or between the seats, they sound ilke ass (Sorry guys, but they do haha)

Name
    Terry
    Last Online
    06-02-2017
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2003 Blue rx8

Wink

Don't do sealed behind the seats or between the seats, they sound ilke ass (Sorry guys, but they do haha)
    Aww poo ow!

Dood thats a 5hitty pun , can ya think of a even more stink one !?

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Define "sounds like ass"...a sealed box is inherently more "lossy" but generally with a flatter frequency response....more more musical.
    Porting a box requires detailed knowledge of the thele small parameters for the driver fitted, as well as it's frequency response in the cabin of the car, as this will influence the state of tune.

Last Online
    26-05-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant 2.4 GDI

lol i now know why i shoulda saved up for a VR4, 1 word estate lol, having got a saloon fitting my stereo from last car turned into a nightmare - will post pics of the semi finished set up soon as camera is working, but space is limited my dual 12 inch box, which will be custom built eventually due to boot shape. also cant find places for my other speakers due to the worlds smallest parcel shelf lol. and once again door speakers are a diff size 2 mine, so will have work round that lol.

like said will put up pics soon as of my work in progress

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234