Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New To The Forum, New To My VR-4

Last Online
    26-07-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    nissan primera sri

thanks for that i won it on ebay for £1500 and he was charging me £200 for delivery so £1695 was about how much it was gonna cost me still says the car is with him can you believe that and that he has the discs and pads which i asked for im gonna keep looking but might be a while before i trust ebay again.

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by justjon
    changing transmission fluid and brakes with my pops this weekend, any suggestions?
    Yes, use only Amsoil ATF or Mitsubishi's own SPIII ATF. You will need around 12 litres to do a full flush and change, but it is not a simple 'drain and refill' job. If you do that, you will only change about 5-6 litres of ATF, and the new stuff will be contaminated with the old stuff as soon as you turn it over. My best suggestion is to join up as a full member, and you'll have access to Kieran's excellent ATF full flush and change article (as well as everything else and discounts, including on Amsoil stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by justjon
    hopefully gonna get a new bunch of rubber for each corner as well, either this weekend/during the week.
    You should be able to get a complete set of Falkens for under £300, fully fitted. Generally well recommended!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Last Online
    06-09-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

Thanks for that Nev, may just join up...do you work on comission? lol
    And gaz, i would never trust anything on ebay, every single thing i have bought through them has had some kind of issue, either with payment, packaging or something.
    Well...That's gone and done it!

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Haha, I'd be a poor man if I did

I had my ATF changed in May, and the saving on Amsoil ATF was more than my membership!

As for eBay - have bought and sold PLENTY on there, be it DVDs, cars, sofas - just a case of doing the research thoroughly, and not getting too carried away with a bargain.

Last Online
    06-09-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

You must be one of those lucky gits then...do you fall out of a 10th floor window and manage to land on the only soft mattress for miles around/that type of guy?
    I had a friend like that once, big tall good looking ba*tard he was, good at everything....he's unemployed and fat now, i almost feel sorry for him! lol

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Unfortunately, I was never either of the former, although I'll take one out of two on the latter... and I'm back in the office tomorrow

I have looked at the seller's feedback, and I wouldn't have done business with him based on that. I know it's easy to say this in hindsight, but I usually carefully check the background info, dig down a little. Sometimes it's difficult to be entirely rational in the face of a bobby bargain, but that is sometimes what you have to do. And Mitsugaz - that's not a dig at you whatsoever .

As for his comment on the feedback, just posted, he is still saying he has the car! Incredible!

Name
    ian
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4/24vc
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by mitsugaz
    thanks for that i won it on ebay for £1500 and he was charging me £200 for delivery so £1695 was about how much it was gonna cost me still says the car is with him can you believe that and that he has the discs and pads which i asked for im gonna keep looking but might be a while before i trust ebay again.
    Tell him you will pay when he drops car off with you and see what turns up !!!
    ian

Last Online
    06-09-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

Quote Originally Posted by elnevio
    As for his comment on the feedback, just posted, he is still saying he has the car! Incredible!
    That actually is rather funny, i never saw it on ebay, just checked autotrader and having seen it a couple of times priced at£2700 i thought it might be worth checking out, but on the saturday morning he had come down £1000 so, off i bloody well went!

Last Online
    26-07-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    nissan primera sri

yeah it was on ebay and autotrader for £2495 then £2295 or best offer then starting bid of £1500 and buy it now £1695 on autotrader i never thought anything of it as a lot of legnums were struggling to sell

Last Online
    06-09-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

I was due to go and see a guy based in Bradford saw his cars on Pistonheads he had a perlescent whit legnum with 75 on the clock 17" alloys, albeit with a red reflective ring around them, but the guy wanted £3000, and would only deal in cash, and he didn't have any premises, just his house/street, even though he seemed to have a fair few cars to sell, you may have seen his work...Phat 'N Modified is the company name.
    i would have gone up and bought it if i could have got the cash in time, but sadly it wasn't to be.
    http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/778023.htm

And that is the very car, i see he has dropped his price a little as well

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

That's Zee, aka TORQUE OF THE DEVIL on here. Keithatport bought one of his - Keith might post up his experience later at some point .
    Last edited by elnevio; 08-01-2009 at 11:04 PM.

Last Online
    06-09-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

Thats the guy, seemed like a really nice chap, but it was just the fact that only cash could be used, and thats a fair amount of cash to be lugging around with you (well, it is to some people anyway)

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Welcome to CVR4, Jon As Nev has said, STRONGLY reccomend you take the advice on the correct fluids, and join the club today to do a proper gearbox flush.

The fluid that is in there at the moment sounds like it's going to kill your gearbox. If you put anything other than Amsoil or SPIII, your gearbox will react badly and start doing all sorts of weird stuff: thumpy gearchanges, over revving...the works.

VR-4s rock!

Last Online
    26-07-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    nissan primera sri

Quote Originally Posted by ritch_w
    Get a statement/e-mail from JustJon confirming he purchased the Legnum and the date, fire that off to fleabay requesting they ban the seller.
    he gave up the unpaid item strike and im no longer obligated to buy it thats a laugh thanks to justjon for all the help

Name
    peter
    Last Online
    05-01-2022
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Jeep SRT8

Good, I assume it was an attempt to recoup the fees ebay will have charged him but still a bit fraudulent I think

Last Online
    26-07-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    nissan primera sri

Quote Originally Posted by peter thomson
    Good, I assume it was an attempt to recoup the fees ebay will have charged him but still a bit fraudulent I think
    funnily enough that time the car was seen in chesterfield he said he was using it but that was the 21st dec the day after it was sold and also have email on the 28th saying that pads and discs were on back order and would contact me when car was ready thats taking it a bit far me thinks as well as his feedback response is comical but thanks to justjon i have his address but i doubt if ebay will kick him off, oh well i didnt lose any money so theres hope for me yet.

Last Online
    06-09-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

Glad you didn't lose any money on it gaz, and yes t'was me in the car in chesterfield, and also parked outside sam salvins in sheffield (was getting my hair cut down the road), and after tommorrow you should be able to see me with better brake discs and pads on...not flushing the gearbox out this weekend as have just spent a small fortune
    And the tyres (Falken, thanks to everyone, are coming on tuesday)

Last Online
    26-07-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    nissan primera sri

i know the risks with ebay but have been quite lucky apart from one time i bought a 1988 mazda rx7 had it 3 days wouldnt start decided to tow it got it started then stood back and watched it go up in flames that time i did lose money heres a pic of the engine after the fire
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image014.jpg  
    Last edited by mitsugaz; 10-01-2009 at 03:30 AM.

Last Online
    06-09-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

Mmm..pretty!
    Love those Wa**els!

Last Online
    15-10-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom