Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Scooby thing..
    My Garage
    Visit

nelly101

You may have had generally ok experience but cars should not be sold without fog light and to have parts supplied so you can sort it is not good enough

You may be happy but that is not what I would expect from a dealer/trader who was selling vr-4's on this site

And as far as the MoT goes, the testers may be dodgy and could be reported but, as far as I am concerned and the law, it is the seller who is responsible for having one on the car at point of sale

A Trader/Dealer on here cannot get away with things because of our goodwill around ownership of these cars

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '97 Legnum
    My Garage
    Visit

By far the biggest concern over MOT practices is whether you can rely on the whole test if you know any one thing was not correctly tested.

'97 Manual Legnum in silver with some subtle mods

My first VR4 - '97 Legnum Dark Green & mean ...it was love at first sight - now sold

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    14-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Scooby thing..
    My Garage
    Visit

Yes if you cannot trust one item then how good/safe was the rest of the test...?

Name
    neil
    Last Online
    04-09-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4 type

Quote Originally Posted by chris g
    nelly101

You may have had generally ok experience but cars should not be sold without fog light and to have parts supplied so you can sort it is not good enough

You may be happy but that is not what I would expect from a dealer/trader who was selling vr-4's on this site

And as far as the MoT goes, the testers may be dodgy and could be reported but, as far as I am concerned and the law, it is the seller who is responsible for having one on the car at point of sale

A Trader/Dealer on here cannot get away with things because of our goodwill around ownership of these cars
    I agree but an mot cert is not evedence that a car is safe but only safe when tested but thats no arguement for selling cars without one.I just dont see how its going to help the guys who have problems with the cars if it turns into a witch hunt against zee.

Name
    Keith
    Last Online
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    FL Legnum VR4

It will not help me but it may protect other people thinking of buying one of his cars. From the beginning we never expected that I would get anything from Zee but hopefully the cars he sells in future will be fit for purpose.

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    04-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS

Quote Originally Posted by nelly101
    I just dont see how its going to help the guys who have problems with the cars if it turns into a witch hunt against zee.
    Very controversial mate. So your saying everyone should just sit back and let him keep doing what he is doing? Every week when a 'newbie' arrives on our doorstep with problems from a 'Zee' derived car we should just laugh and say 'tough'

It will stop him doing it to the next person or do you not care? its okay yours on the outset seems okay but if it was me id have it straight down my MOT place for peace of mind.

Whats the point of having a club if we cant look out for each other in all aspects to do with this platform.

I think Keith and Chris are being very reserved, if it was me i would be raising stink with VOSA and Trading standards right now, and then phoning HMRC and asking for info on his company etc etc

Mike
    Still here somewhere........

Name
    Doug
    Last Online
    03-10-2015
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    2.5 V6 Estate
    My Garage
    Visit

"Whats the point of having a club if we cant look out for each other in all aspects to do with this platform."

Well said!!

Name
    shaun
    Last Online
    31-07-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    'charged Mx5

to be fair hes selling them fairly cheap so hes really praying on newbies who will be thinking they are getting a bargain........ oh well we are here to educate
    Last edited by shaun1978; 23-01-2009 at 08:58 PM.

Name
    Robert
    Last Online
    21-07-2021
    Country
    Ireland
    Car
    Skoda Superb

At the end of the day the cars are being sold unfit for road use, if you drive them you can get pulled over and what ever happens with that.
    If you were in an accident and your insurance won't pay out, because it's not road legal.
    Then what happens.

Zee has admitted he's a Trader and admits to selling cars that are not road legal, his words by saying he removes the fog lights after the MOT.

This has been high lighted and if Zee can come back and explain this fair play to him.
    But he needs to change his code of practice and fast.
    "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."
    Kurt Cobain

Name
    Richard
    Last Online
    29-07-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    2000 vr4 legnum

I'm disgusted at Zee for selling unroadworthy cars, because this shows total disregard for the law and his customers if he cant be arsed to fit a mandatory item like a fog light what else cant he be arsed to do (tyres, steering, brakes) and as such should be band immediately.
    Then legal action should be taken against him and the mot station they are turning a blind eye at best and at worst not MOTing the cars and just printing of tickets.

I have a couple of friends in the force, ill get there take on the situation.

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

I'm sorry to hear about the problems your having with your car Keith & hope you get it sorted out.

I was looking at a couple of vr4's he had on ebay when I was looking for my leggy.
    I'm glad I never bought any of them now.

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    05-02-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V70 T5

Id like to thank elnevio and the commitee for reinstating my posts, and all other members who have added their comments to this thread!! A reply to ZEE, yes you did pick me up from the train station! but at the end of the day you were making money so bringing that up seems pointless! You posted that you put the xenon on for me?? well your advert on EBAY "CLEARLY" stated all the mods you had done and the XENON headlight conversion was one of them!! Yes again the drivers wind deflector was missing and to be fair you ordered some new ones, you sent them to me and said you had not opened the box, having taken delivery i found that they was not the matching ones and only the 2 front ones i had, you said you had been ripped off and i RECALL you saying that you would get the matching back ones which you never did!! I did not kiss your arse for a manual by the way! i had my car for sale some 2 months ago or so on ebay, you sent me a message asking would i part ex my car for a black manual you had for sale (the one with the blue affect on the wheels) i declined your offer because i had no trust in you because of your advert on my car was just a load of poooooooo!!! The custom painted wheels, bumpers you said you paid a few hundred pounds for the work??? dont make me laugh pal! explain why the front bumper needs painting again? also the CUSTOM painted wheels! needs painting as there is paint flaking off!! and all the other bits, skirts etc!! Back to the thread, i paid you £3650 for this car and by reading some of the comments on this thread i am wondering has my car got a legal mot cert?? i have noticed on the MOT cert no SIGNATURE or no STAMP??? should i have these?? Now you expect me to pay to get these faults sorted and you laugh about it at my expense! well i am not going to let that happen, either you contact me with an offer or i am going to take this matter further! Its up to you the BALL is in YOUR COURT!!!!!!!!!!!

Name
    peter
    Last Online
    05-01-2022
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Jeep SRT8

Thanks Richy that would be great and for pointing out the title may be misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by richy rich
    I'm disgusted at Zee for selling unroadworthy cars, because this shows total disregard for the law and his customers if he cant be arsed to fit a mandatory item like a fog light what else cant he be arsed to do (tyres, steering, brakes) and as such should be band immediately.
    Then legal action should be taken against him and the mot station they are turning a blind eye at best and at worst not MOTing the cars and just printing of tickets.

I have a couple of friends in the force, ill get there take on the situation.

Name
    neil
    Last Online
    04-09-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4 type

Quote Originally Posted by miller
    Very controversial mate. So your saying everyone should just sit back and let him keep doing what he is doing? Every week when a 'newbie' arrives on our doorstep with problems from a 'Zee' derived car we should just laugh and say 'tough'

It will stop him doing it to the next person or do you not care? its okay yours on the outset seems okay but if it was me id have it straight down my MOT place for peace of mind.

Whats the point of having a club if we cant look out for each other in all aspects to do with this platform.

I think Keith and Chris are being very reserved, if it was me i would be raising stink with VOSA and Trading standards right now, and then phoning HMRC and asking for info on his company etc etc

Mike
    already have had my mate look at the car who does mot's all day long and he said it roadworthy apart from the fog light which it would need to pass he also picked up on front brake pads that were an advisory on mot cert that i got from zee.I do care and i hope keith and chris get the problems sorted as a car is a life line to people and very expensive but as far as trading standards go i cant see what they can do as its sold as seen and if it did or didnt come with a warrenty if it has expired then cant really claim on it.

Its a poo situation for the lads involved and I hope zee has learned lessoins from this and if the shoe was on the other foot I also would be climbing the walls with fury lets hope we hear from zee soon or at least he contacts keith and chris and sorts it out because sounds like they are in limbo land at the moment (correct me if im wrong)

Name
    neil
    Last Online
    04-09-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4 type

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvr4
    Id like to thank elnevio and the committee for reinstating my posts, and all other members who have added their comments to this thread!! A reply to ZEE, yes you did pick me up from the train station! but at the end of the day you were making money so bringing that up seems pointless! You posted that you put the xenon on for me?? well your advert on EBAY "CLEARLY" stated all the mods you had done and the XENON headlight conversion was one of them!! Yes again the drivers wind deflector was missing and to be fair you ordered some new ones, you sent them to me and said you had not opened the box, having taken delivery i found that they was not the matching ones and only the 2 front ones i had, you said you had been ripped off and i RECALL you saying that you would get the matching back ones which you never did!! I did not kiss your arse for a manual by the way! i had my car for sale some 2 months ago or so on ebay, you sent me a message asking would i part ex my car for a black manual you had for sale (the one with the blue affect on the wheels) i declined your offer because i had no trust in you because of your advert on my car was just a load of poooooooo!!! The custom painted wheels, bumpers you said you paid a few hundred pounds for the work??? dont make me laugh pal! explain why the front bumper needs painting again? also the CUSTOM painted wheels! needs painting as there is paint flaking off!! and all the other bits, skirts etc!! Back to the thread, i paid you £3650 for this car and by reading some of the comments on this thread i am wondering has my car got a legal mot cert?? i have noticed on the MOT cert no SIGNATURE or no STAMP??? should i have these?? Now you expect me to pay to get these faults sorted and you laugh about it at my expense! well i am not going to let that happen, either you contact me with an offer or i am going to take this matter further! Its up to you the BALL is in YOUR COURT!!!!!!!!!!!
    um not very good reading.sorry to hear your troubles chris I hope he does contact you very soon and yes i believe you should have the signature of the mot certificate issuer!

Name
    Andrew
    Last Online
    27-02-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant V6 TT

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvr4
    i have noticed on the MOT cert no SIGNATURE or no STAMP???
    (Bump)

Name
    neil
    Last Online
    04-09-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4 type

you can also check on the vosa website it should come up with all previous mot and advisory notes if its genuine but it doesnt mean that the mot tester aint dodgy.

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    05-02-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V70 T5

Im in a poo situation lol i work in a car centre which has a workshop with 2 ramps, but because my car sits low i cant get it into the work shop or onto the ramps for a mechanic to take a look, only thing i can do is to take time off work and find somewhere that has ramps that are flush to the floor. I know a fog light and a horn is not much to shout about but im concerned a bit now to whether my car has EVER been to an MOT station since it was imported just a few months ago? I will give ZEE a few days to get intouch, should that fail it will leave me no option but to take this matter further! Thanks goes to peter for bringing up this thread, because if corners are being cut by ZEE and the MOT station, who knows what could happen to the next person who purchases a car off ZEE?

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by nelly101
    you can also check on the vosa website it should come up with all previous mot and advisory notes if its genuine but it doesnt mean that the mot tester aint dodgy.
    Here's the link: http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/html/home.html

Name
    peter
    Last Online
    05-01-2022
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Jeep SRT8

Elnevio has responded to most of the post Zee replied with but a couple of things need to be cleared up

If i had seen that there were faults why would i leave it attached to the mot..??
    As in my first post advisory was obtained from VOSA. It was not with the MOT.
    In my experience the MOT station have always pointed out the advisories which would mean as Zee has now confirmed he MOT'd the car that and that the TC leak was present before Keith bought the car.
    Derek and myself both spoke with Zee before purchase of the TC problems with auto VR4's .As far as I rememeber Zee claimed he had never heard of this problem .

Now as far as i am concerned there was a foglight on that car and could possibly be that Keith and Peter are making it all up as they obviously are not getting a gearbox from me, so the best thing for them to do is promote that i am a dodgy trader so i lose business
    I didn't realise Zee had implied we had removed the foglight as an excuse for this thread. Pics of the dash will be made available if required and as the wiring in the tailgate has to be modified to convert the rear lights to fogs we can take pics again if required.

Keith only got in touch with Zee after the posts in the gearbox and solenoid threads when he was informed that Zee could not sell the car as "sold as seen".

I always intended to write this thread regardless of the gearbox problems to make buyers aware to check the car meets the MOT requirements and if there are any advisories .
    It took so long to write as the log book only arrived just over a week ago and as the logbook originally said the car was red Keith wanted to make sure it was correct.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast