Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Already disappeared from eBay Chris
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Wow! That was quick!

It was a 2001 facelift in Trigger Mauve that actually looked quite nice, with a buy it now price of £2,750. Registration was on an NI plate, starting ICZ. Seller was kingfaisir (sp?), AKA Zee/Torque of the Devil.
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    peter
    Last Online
    05-01-2022
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Jeep SRT8

listed on pistonheads as well

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    Other
    My Garage
    Visit

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    05-02-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V70 T5

There was 6 offers and a deposit taken on the eBay advert.

Sounds well cheap for a 2001 plate hmmm?

He seems to be still active on here aswell.

Name
    Julian
    Last Online
    30-04-2013
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    FL Legnum vr4

with regards to the NI registered FL it was nearly bought by myself. I have only just found this post. All I can say is I'm very glad i didn't bother to make the trek from Germany to Bradford for this one. He assured me everything was legal and MOT'd and UK registered over the phone but couldn't provide me with a UK registration for me to check, also i he told me he had sold loads of these to Germany recently? so I walked away. In the end I bought Bowz's virtually immaculate Ralliart FL which got me across the continent without missing a beat.

All i can say about this is 'BUYER BEWARE' if doesn't feel right walk away!!!!

and many thanks to Chris for allowing me to buy the car from him on short notice!!
    1st 1998 PFL LEGNUM VR4
    2nd 1999 RALLIART FL LEGNUM VR4 EVO 8 BREMBO'S AND EVO 9 ENKEI ALLOYS 26/02/11
    PLX WIDEBAND AFR CONTROLLER & GAUGE 05/03/11
    CARBON WRAPPED CENTRE CONSOLE 05/0311
    FORGE SPLIT-R DUMP VALVE 05/03/11
    SWOOSH BOOST/VAC GAUGE 05/03/11
    JDM HEADLIGHTS MODIFIED TO LHD 05/03/11
    FUJITSUBO JAZMA SS EXHAUST FITTED 07/03/11
    D2 RACING COILOVERS FITTED 12/03/11
    EBC REDSTUFF PADS FRONT AND REAR 19/03/11
    MOCOL 10 ROW OIL COOLER FOR THE G/BOX 26/03/11
    OIL CATCH CAN 10/04/11
    2.5" -3" HOME MADE DOWNPIPES AND DE-CAT 28/04/11
    AYC LIGHT BARS ADDED TO CLOCK 14/05/11
    SWAPPED 45,000MILE ENGINE FROM LEGNUM 1 TO LEGNUM 2 13/06/2011
    MAGNECOR 8MM LEADS AND DENZO IRIDIUM PLUGS GAPPED TO 0.8MM 13/06/2011
    255LPH FUEL PUMP (HOT-WIRED) SARD FPR 27/01/2012
    SO FAR....

Name
    peter
    Last Online
    05-01-2022
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Jeep SRT8

Gald to hear you walked away from it

Quote Originally Posted by jayp View Post
    with regards to the NI registered FL it was nearly bought by myself. I have only just found this post. All I can say is I'm very glad i didn't bother to make the trek from Germany to Bradford for this one. He assured me everything was legal and MOT'd and UK registered over the phone but couldn't provide me with a UK registration for me to check, also i he told me he had sold loads of these to Germany recently? so I walked away. In the end I bought Bowz's virtually immaculate Ralliart FL which got me across the continent without missing a beat.

All i can say about this is 'BUYER BEWARE' if doesn't feel right walk away!!!!

and many thanks to Chris for allowing me to buy the car from him on short notice!!

Name
    peter
    Last Online
    05-01-2022
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Jeep SRT8

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvr4 View Post
    He seems to be still active on here aswell.
    Is he and should he still be allowed to be?

Name
    Martin
    Last Online
    19-05-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and purchased a VR4 from Zee (which was before I saw this thread). This is my first post here. I've just read through this whole thread...

I purchased the white Legnum through Ebay which was one of the two Steve-vr-4ish posted here. Before I go into any detail on anything else I urgently need to find out if the previous owner of the Legnum is on here, because the locking wheel nut key for the Schneider alloys is missing. And I urgently need to replace the front brakes (I have new front discs/pads here already, waiting to be fitted). I tried to do it at Mitsubishi Brighton, who have the tool which should allow the nut to be taken off, but they were unable to do it because they said the Schneider alloy nuts were such a specific size/shape that the tool would not work.

Zee told me that the previous owner of the car was a member of the VR4 forums? I've been trying to find out whether the wheel nut key still exists, but at the moment Zee is completely ignoring me for some reason. I've given him quite a long time (about 3 weeks) to respond before I considered posting on here, so he has had a lot of chances to let me know what's going on. He also knows the front brakes need replacing urgently, but as I said he is now completely ignoring all correspondence from me. Zee told me (about 3 weeks ago when I last spoke to him), that he was having trouble getting through to the previous owner, he'd left text messages and a voicemail but didn't hear anything back. I thought this was strange because he didn't seem to have any problems getting through to the owner prior to purchasing the car, when I had a question about the mileage.

I should've checked when I bought the car if the key was there, however I just assumed it would be because there is even a toolkit pouch, jack and a spare wheel in the boot (which are obviously useless if the key isn't there!). I haven't tried any other garages yet, in case perhaps they have a different tool which could get the wheels off(?), but one place I phoned told me my only option was to have the nuts welded. I'm assuming this is not going to be particularly cheap? Also I've never had to do this before, so not sure what the deal is, if I have to do that would it mean that anybody could come along and remove the wheels? So I'm quite desperate to at least find out what has happened to the key before I have anything like that done.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Name
    Martin
    Last Online
    19-05-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Message for the moderators, please could you disregard my previous post for now, Zee has finally got in touch with me and I understand the previous owner lost the wheel nut key.

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Fixed now Martin.

It had been automatically moderated, but it isn't obvious to mods when posts have been.

Name
    Martin
    Last Online
    19-05-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Thank you, I will be posting back soon with more info. For now, does anybody know (given the wheel nut key for the Schneider wheels on the white Legnum is lost), what my options are in terms of getting the wheels off and the new brakes fitted? I've been told my only option is welding, but (as mentioned in the original post) I'm not experienced with this so not sure if this is the case or not. Also how much should I expect this to cost me? And will it mean that the wheels will be easily stolen after the welding is done, or will there be a new locking nut to prevent that? (all raised in the original post, sorry to repeat myself).

Quote Originally Posted by elnevio View Post
    Fixed now Martin.

It had been automatically moderated, but it isn't obvious to mods when posts have been.

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

My understanding is that a bolt is welded to your existing locking nut, allowing for removal. Once it is off the car, it is up to you to either replace the four locking nuts with either standard ones, new locking nuts, or even re-use the welded ones! Not sure how much this would cost though.

My personal preference would be to get them off the car with any means necessary and buy a new set of locking nuts that will have a key.
    1997 Mitsubishi RVR HSGR : 2.0 4G63T, 4 seats and the seating position from a truck
    2009 Ford Mondeo : 2.2TDCi, 4 wheels, some plastics, some metal and some seats
    Former owner of The Mongrel (RIP 2011) and The Rednum (RIP 2014)

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    04-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS

any tyre place worth their salt will be able to remove them in no time at all. just replace with fresh locking nuts or original ones
    Still here somewhere........

Name
    Martin
    Last Online
    19-05-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Thanks for the advice, I've just found a friendly local repair shop who is working on it now (thinks he'll be able to do it with a tool rather than welding), sounds like it's not going to be too expensive either and he recommended exactly what you guys said, i.e. putting fresh nuts on once it's done. So it should be sorted now. Sorry if this is basic info but I've never had to do it before, and was told by a couple of places that they couldn't get them off, so wasn't sure how it worked. I'll be posting back shortly regarding my overall experience with this vehicle, thanks again.

Name
    ian
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4/24vc
    My Garage
    Visit

Try smacking on a old socket on them with a hammer then undoing that worked when i had no key with mine ,
    ian

Name
    Julian
    Last Online
    30-04-2013
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    FL Legnum vr4

Its amazing how insecure these 'locking wheel nuts' are, you can buy removal tools from halfrauds!!! or use an old 12 point socket hammered on like Ian said!!!

Name
    Martin
    Last Online
    19-05-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

It's all sorted now, and I've got the new brakes on, apparently it wasn't too difficult to remove them! Will be posting back again soon, thanks for all the advice here.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789