Thread: potential owner

Last Online
    14-02-2010
    Country
    Other

potential owner

hey people

i currently own a skyline non turbo thinking of changing to legnum twin turbo which is what i went to see originally when i bought my skyline. to be honest prefer a turbo`d car so again looking at legnums and have a few questions. any help would be useful.

1. what can i expect to pay insurance wise. i`m 25 and paying around a grand a year now on a skyline non turbo.

2. what sort of figures. 0-60. top speed. mpg or how far on a tankfull. any others would also be helpful.

3. i`ve heard manuals are hard to come by so is there any common problems with the tiptronic boxes and do they sap a lot of power.

4. are parts easily available, tuning wise and general replacement.

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Most people ask this when they first join up, if you hunt around in the newbie section you'll find lots of similar posts answering all of your questions.

Name
    Stuart
    Last Online
    18-09-2017
    Country
    England
    Car
    nowt

Quote Originally Posted by bigcraigym
    hey people
    1. what can i expect to pay insurance wise. i`m 25 and paying around a grand a year now on a skyline non turbo.

2. what sort of figures. 0-60. top speed. mpg or how far on a tankfull. any others would also be helpful.

3. i`ve heard manuals are hard to come by so is there any common problems with the tiptronic boxes and do they sap a lot of power.

Insurace is not to bad since it appears to be in the less desirable range ( stolen and chavs)
    0-60ish http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_xeN...e=channel_page
    fuel is 15-25mpg on average I have 110 through to 300mile from a tank average for me is 200 not light on the throttle
    power loss is greater through auto but that one do take a read
    parts loads getting broke her mitsi will also pull ya pants down and there is the likes on camskill etc
    No longer a VR4 owner

Name
    David
    Last Online
    10-02-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Corvette
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by bigcraigym
    hey people

i currently own a skyline non turbo thinking of changing to legnum twin turbo which is what i went to see originally when i bought my skyline. to be honest prefer a turbo`d car so again looking at legnums and have a few questions. any help would be useful.

What country are you in?

Name
    Ritch
    Last Online
    17-09-2015
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    '03 Colt 16v &

i guess...... scotchland
    BMW E60 525i (3.0) M-Sport.