Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "£350...Diamond white...No thanks"

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

"£350...Diamond white...No thanks"

Dropped car off at garage yesterday, to finally get my wheel bearing done, as they had air tools enough to remove the 32" castle nut on the hub.
    So around 2pm I wander down to pick my car up, its all done, this guy is stood around it, admiring it, start talking about how nice it is, and how he hasnt seen one before.

Now I still havnt washed it, infact its gone grey with a good layer of filth. So the guy says
    "Do you know what this needs"
    "a good wash"
    "no a mop and polish"
    "yeh I will probably do a full detail and correction on it at some point"
    "nah bring it to a professional"
    "to get it detailed? I have everything at home G220, some Menzerna ccs pads and a fair few hardwaxes, I can do it all myself thanks anyways though"
    "Nah, you want to get it painted and remove all the dents, I can do it for you"
    "ok....Go on"
    "Starts gauging up the car, ill do it for £350 whole respray, get rid of your dents here and here, and the scratch on this side"

* at which point I have just seen red, he has been over my car with a fine tooth comb, found the keying on the rear qaurter, and wiped all the dirt off that was hiding , So keeping it calm for the moment
    "thats not a bad price for a full respray" *Read it could be good, or awfull*
    "its a big car, but yeah £350, throw some Ford Diamon White over it, will be gleaming"
    "The front bumper wont have to be done, thats in the correct colour and pretty good, can you get it to that standard? I am very very picky with my paint jobs, and I will refuse it untill its perfect"
    "That bumper looks factory painted, no one could get it like that"
    "I painted that bumper, in my workshop, and your saying you wont be able to get it to that standard, which frankly even considering it was my work, I havnt sprayed for a fair while, that bumper isnt my best work. Not only that I would want it painted Mitsubishi Sophia white, not Ford Diamond white, its not a Transit"

I humored him for a bit, but telling the customer you wont to paint there car to substandard qaulity and change the colour to what ever you have left on the shelf, gotta be kidding me right? I mean, my front bumper it is good, couple of little bits that most people would live with, and in the flesh it looks really good, but I know every mark on it, and im not 100% happy with it, now saying you want to paint a car to below that standard, is worrying

Thats like me coming to your house to fit some flooring, you saying
    "I want some wood flooring" and me going
    "Yes, no problem I will fit this roll of safety altro flooring, in sparkley beige for you, and I will do it for ten pounds, plus material"

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    07-08-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Saab 9-5 Estate

Wow, i'd be all like... and then he'd be like, so i'd be like, and he'd be like. Wow.
    The best things in life have to be lubricated

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Increasing numbers of teenagers are starting to dabble in hi-tech crime, say experts.

Computer security professionals say many net forums are populated by teenagers swapping credit card numbers, phishing kits and hacking tips.

The poor technical skills of many young hackers means they are very likely to get caught and arrested, they say.

Youth workers added that any teenager getting a criminal record would be putting their future at risk.

Slippery slope

"I see kids of 11 and 12 sharing credit card details and asking for hacks," said Chris Boyd, director of malware research at FaceTime Security.

Many teenagers got into low level crime by looking for exploits and cracks for their favourite computer games.

Communities and forums spring up where people start to swap malicious programs, knowledge and sometimes stolen data.

For a kid, getting a criminal record is the worst possible move
    Graham Robb, Youth Justice Board

Some also look for exploits and virus code that can be run against the social networking sites popular with many young people. Some then try to peddle or use the details or accounts they net in this way.

Mr Boyd said he spent a lot of time tracking down the creators of many of the nuisance programs written to exploit users of social networking sites and the culprit was often a teenager.

From such virus and nuisance programs, he said, many progress to outright criminal practices such as using phishing kits to create and run their own scams.

"Some are quite crude, some are clever and some are stupid," he said.

The teenagers' attempts to make money from their life of cyber crime usually came unstuck because of their poor technical skills.

"They do not even know enough to get a simple phishing or attack tool right," said Kevin Hogan, a senior manager Symantec Security Response.

"We have seen phishing sites that have broken images because the link, rather than reference the original webpage, is referencing a file on the C: drive that is not there," he said.

Symantec researchers have collected many examples of teenagers who have managed to cripple their own PCs by infecting them with viruses they have written.

well I thought it would be more interesting than the crap in the post number 1

Kanji Automotive Solutions - Looking after your Pride and Joy

Servicing - Upgrades - Tuning - Pre Used Parts - Undersealing - Advice - Consultancy
    PM or Call me for any work requests or to discuss your requirements
    Ebay Shop -> http://stores.ebay.co.uk/sun-wizzard...=p4634.c0.m322

To contact the CVR4 Staff please see HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

Name
    Robert Perek
    Last Online
    07-10-2017
    Country
    United Kingdom

and yes post nr 3 is more interesting

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    12-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    2009 Colt

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter_John

well I thought it would be more interesting than the crap in the post number 1
    so what was wrong with post 1, he was only telling a story like loads of members do on here. i found it interesting in fact more than some of the other threads on here.
    "Finishing second means you are the first person to lose"................ (Gilles Villeneuve)

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    20-01-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    2000 VR4 Estate

Yeah, bit harsh I thought chaps?

Just wondering what sort of air gun they've got that fits over a 32" castle nut though - must be fookin massive!

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    12-03-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR4

John, that was absolutely F'n brilliant, nearly wet myself.

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    07-08-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Saab 9-5 Estate

Name
    Alan
    Last Online
    24-06-2023
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    VR-4 Leg & R33

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    so what was wrong with post 1, he was only telling a story like loads of members do on here. i found it interesting in fact more than some of the other threads on here.
    I'll tell you what was wrong with it:-

ClubVR-4 is promoted as 'A friendly, family orientated group of like minded enthusiasts'

It seems fair to assume from the frequent negative replies to Kyle's articles that Pitslayer has rubbed-up various members the wrong way in the past.
    In promoting this club as a friendly group is it too much to ask those members who are obviously ill at ease with Kyle posting to simply not read his articles?

I have read negative comments concerning South Wales (where both Kyle and I live - but not together, though he does have lovely long girly hair!). Whether these have been in jest or not there appears to be some sort of nasty undertone, to Kyle's detriment, in articles where he is involved. I personally think that South Wales is a dump (but I am qualified to say that because I have lived here for 7 years) and that many Welsh people I have encountered I would rather have not! These are my opinions from my experience over the years. I do not have a pop at members because of their nationality or geographical location.

I have met Kyle on a few occasions now and he is a nice, friendly, genuine, knowledgable young man. Even if I thought he was a complete idiot I would still have to say something about the way that some of his posts are replied to and how I have interpreted these replies.

In summary, it appears that some members do not like Kyle and do not wish to tolerate his presence. If this describes you then simply ignore his posts.

END OF RANT.

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    07-08-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Saab 9-5 Estate

Fiddlesticks. I'm sure he's a nice enough bloke, it's nothing personal but IMO Kyle posts more than his fair share of sh!t, so he gets more than his fair share of sh!t for doing so. It's banter.

As for South Wales, I love the place, the people have always been friendly to me and the scenery is amazing. Geography has nothing to do with it, purely the content of posts.

Last Online
    14-07-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant, VR4 & BONGO!

Quote Originally Posted by pitslayer
    Dropped car off at garage yesterday, to finally get my wheel bearing done, as they had air tools enough to remove the 32" castle nut on the hub.
    So around 2pm I wander down to pick my car up, its all done, this guy is stood around it, admiring it, start talking about how nice it is, and how he hasnt seen one before.

Now I still havnt washed it, infact its gone grey with a good layer of filth. So the guy says
    "Do you know what this needs"
    "a good wash"
    "no a mop and polish"
    "yeh I will probably do a full detail and correction on it at some point"
    "nah bring it to a professional"
    "to get it detailed? I have everything at home G220, some Menzerna ccs pads and a fair few hardwaxes, I can do it all myself thanks anyways though"
    "Nah, you want to get it painted and remove all the dents, I can do it for you"
    "ok....Go on"
    "Starts gauging up the car, ill do it for £350 whole respray, get rid of your dents here and here, and the scratch on this side"

* at which point I have just seen red, he has been over my car with a fine tooth comb, found the keying on the rear qaurter, and wiped all the dirt off that was hiding , So keeping it calm for the moment
    "thats not a bad price for a full respray" *Read it could be good, or awfull*
    "its a big car, but yeah £350, throw some Ford Diamon White over it, will be gleaming"
    "The front bumper wont have to be done, thats in the correct colour and pretty good, can you get it to that standard? I am very very picky with my paint jobs, and I will refuse it untill its perfect"
    "That bumper looks factory painted, no one could get it like that"
    "I painted that bumper, in my workshop, and your saying you wont be able to get it to that standard, which frankly even considering it was my work, I havnt sprayed for a fair while, that bumper isnt my best work. Not only that I would want it painted Mitsubishi Sophia white, not Ford Diamond white, its not a Transit"

I humored him for a bit, but telling the customer you wont to paint there car to substandard qaulity and change the colour to what ever you have left on the shelf, gotta be kidding me right? I mean, my front bumper it is good, couple of little bits that most people would live with, and in the flesh it looks really good, but I know every mark on it, and im not 100% happy with it, now saying you want to paint a car to below that standard, is worrying

Thats like me coming to your house to fit some flooring, you saying
    "I want some wood flooring" and me going
    "Yes, no problem I will fit this roll of safety altro flooring, in sparkley beige for you, and I will do it for ten pounds, plus material"
    what a tool!

but it did make me laugh while reading this, an the cheek of some people, eh!

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

LOL! I don't think any of the responses in this thread are too far beyond the line.
    I read post #1 and just thought that a £350 spray job is a £350 spray job...at least he was honest about what you're getting.

-=shrug=- Hardly ground breaking content, but not worth flamage.

I do think as a club we're perhaps a little hard on Kyle sometimes: some of his posts are complete tripe, but some of it is funny stuff. I'd venture to say that as long as the threads aren't directly about HIS car, then they're fine!

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Sorry Guys , but maybe you don't understand the situation

As a member of the club he is a fair target to get the P1SS taken out of him by other members , none of it is done in a heavy nasty way , it is just light hearted banter between people of the forum

if Kyle had an issue with what I said or other members say then I would expect Kyle to complain to the management , or to drop the member a pm saying you offeended me , to which a reply would be given

When a fourm can't have people taking the P!SS is becomes boring and much like Scoobynet or MLR

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    12-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    2009 Colt

As a member of the club he is a fair target to get the P1SS taken out of him by other members , none of it is done in a heavy nasty way , it is just light hearted banter between people of the forum

if Kyle had an issue with what I said or other members say then I would expect Kyle to complain to the management , or to drop the member a pm saying you offeended me , to which a reply would be given

When a fourm can't have people taking the P!SS is becomes boring and much like Scoobynet or MLR
    Sorry John i have to disagree, as it always seems to be Kyle

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

I disagree with your disagree , it is not always aimed at Kyle , it is aimed at anyone , if you don;'t believe me search

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Actually Steve (Wildcards) does get his fair load LOL

Kyle, are you still out there? John hasn't chased you off has he?
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Mildcards simply gets lots of 'loads' from lots of guys, mostly at night time

I think that if someone more articulate with the English language had written the first post it would have been very funny and a very good post.

Last Online
    06-01-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    VW Touran

I agree with the nutter, its not being nasty its taking the pee

People are too oversensitive!
    Some days you're the dog ... Some days you're the lamp-post

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    12-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    2009 Colt

all i was trying to say is...it seems alot of the time when kyle starts or adds to a tread he gets the p!ss taken out of him, and yes i agree there are others but he seems to get the most .........i may be wrong, I'll do a search later.
    perhaps he don't want to go running to the management and just puts up with it,or even likes it.

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    07-08-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Saab 9-5 Estate

Quote Originally Posted by Beastlee
    Actually Steve (Wildcards) does get his fair load LOL
    I'm certainly not above it, Richy Rich has me in his phone book as Donut FFS.

If anyone is feeling particularly hard done to, i'm sure I can put you onto the WC 'man-the-fvck-up' intensive 2 week course, or of course you can all do the proper thing and grow a pair of your own. Christ chaps, what do you do when your down the pub and the mum/wife jokes are let loose? Get a grip.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast