Thread: AYC sensitive?

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

AYC sensitive?

Does everyone else AYC act really sensitive? Purely ask because going around a left bend in my car I can get the TC on very easily, I get one bar of ayc just going around a roundabout, but when I turn right, the AYC doesnt really come on untill I am really pushing it and you can feel it working.

Today I decided to give it a good run on the way home, and on every round about I had the TC kicking in going around, yet on the harder left turns it would work smooth and only go up 2 bars max.
    Pull out of a junction to go right and I can put the TC on, same going left ayc comes on but not TC

Anyone got an idea its kind of become a hinderance, only on one roundabout it didnt kick in the TC and I felt it really work the back end around a corner, something I have never felt before

Always assumed that the wheel bearing was causing epic amounts of drag on that side and making it go funny, but thats been done now, either that or its fuxored the AYC, thought changing the bearing would sort this out but it hasnt.

So need to check the fluid tomorrow, but the AYC switch can I test it, is that possibly fubared? Tyre pressures are identical at the rear and front, could something else effect it, I can feel that the rear left feels looser around a corner, where as the rear right feels toight.

Who could shed some light on this for me, I will try and rig up my camera to point into the dash so I can make a video of it tomorrow to show what I mean

Name
    David
    Last Online
    10-02-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Corvette
    My Garage
    Visit

tyre condition?

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    14-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Scooby thing..
    My Garage
    Visit

No idea...

...but shouldn't tyre pressures be different front to rear...?

Name
    peter
    Last Online
    05-01-2022
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Jeep SRT8

In over 2 years I've only seen the traction control coming on once on a roundabout following a GT3. I'd have to assume something else is going on for you to see the T/C so often

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Agreed. I think you either have a faulty ABS sensor or a sticking brake.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

yep, i would have gone with the abs/brake route.

you haven'e lost a tooth of you abs wheel have you. but then that would make the abs/TC mess up on a straight line as well.

Bye for Now!

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

its only turning right it comes on mainly, got a video clip early to show how easy it comes on going right as opposed to going left, comes on coming out of junctions, will upload it later, picture qaulity wont be amazing as the sun mostly shined on my clocks

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Quote Originally Posted by peter thomson
    In over 2 years I've only seen the traction control coming on once on a roundabout following a GT3. I'd have to assume something else is going on for you to see the T/C so often

I see mine every now and then, normally with a fair old yank of the wheel and a huge amount of right foot!
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years