Thread: Hello

Last Online
    26-04-2004
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum gdi4 viento

Unhappy Hello

Hi ive just bought a Legnum GDI4 VIENTO (sorry no turbos) does any body have this varient? I cant get on with the touch screen which controls the cd stacker my radio needs expanding and ineed a new battery in the key. Any information any body can give me would be appreciated the car is S reg 1998.Thanks in anticipation

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    23-05-2011
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Z3 Coupe 2.8

Hiya,

Lack of Turbos is no problem, there are many of us here with 'only' the V6 / 2.0lt, and all Galants/Legnums are welcome.

The touch screen is called MMCS (some people in here would knaw off a limb for one of those), if you do a search above you should turn something up, also just search the web for MMCS.

As for the key battery, I'm sure you can get what you need from Halfords,

Welcome, and good luck.

Adam
    Formerly: '99 Black Legnum VR4
    Then: '99 Toyota Corolla (succesfully adopted by Girlfriend )
    Then: Audi A3, gave up on the Cabrio idea (T-boned by a guy who couldn't see in the dark. Quote "Your car is too black")
    Now: Smart Cabrio (so much fun from so little HP)
    Latest: BMW Z3 Coupe 2.8 (ahhhh... that's better)

Name
    KiwiTT
    Last Online
    24-05-2018
    Membership ID
    NZ001
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    BMW 330i
    My Garage
    Visit

:welcome: to the Club.

Just remember with the GDI use the best quality fuel you can get.
    We work to live, and to live is to drive a VR-4, around corners at speed. But it costs see here

Last Online
    26-04-2004
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum gdi4 viento

Unhappy Legnum GDI 4

Thanks for the welcome nice to be here another little niggle with the mmcs is it beeps at me every now and then and the graphics keep changing (annoying when driving) Thanks for any advice.

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by domino03
    Thanks for the welcome nice to be here another little niggle with the mmcs is it beeps at me every now and then and the graphics keep changing (annoying when driving) Thanks for any advice.
    I think that could be because there's a route still programmed into it, and It's warning you when you're deviating from it (which isn't hard when you've got Japan maps loaded!).

Or - could be the external temp sensor playing up, and reporting that the external temp is below 3 degrees? Does your aircon work ok?

Or... Could be a radio/rds function - but don't ask what, as I haven't yet got round to removing and retrofitting the MMCS to my car in order to produce a guide!

Last Online
    26-04-2004
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum gdi4 viento

Unhappy mmsc

Air con seems to be ok, i have a big silver box connected inthe boot is that part of the mmsc also have a smaller silver box with a loom which has been disconected and left in boot dont know what that is .would it help in your research?

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Does the disconnected box look anything like the ones in these pictures? If so, they're part of the TV system. It seems that most MMCS systems have the TV units disconnected when they enter the UK - probably because people get fed up of listening to interferance (like you get when the a normal TV is not tuned in correctly).

Last Online
    26-04-2004
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum gdi4 viento

Unhappy mmsc

Disconnected box seems to be like yours , what is the big box in the compartment in the boot it looks as though a dvd or cd could be inserted but that one is all connected up. The other thing i wanted to know is can i get the radio expanded without interfering with the system as i can only get radio 2 Thanks for your help

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    23-05-2011
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Z3 Coupe 2.8

You can buy an FM radio expander, which will stretch (or expand) the FM spectrum.

Your MMCS will still think it's tuning over the same range.

These are inline, and your antenna cable plugs in one end, and the other goes to the radio.

Just do a search for radio expander on Maplin or RS or just google. Sure something will turn up....

A

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by domino03
    Disconnected box seems to be like yours , what is the big box in the compartment in the boot it looks as though a dvd or cd could be inserted but that one is all connected up. The other thing i wanted to know is can i get the radio expanded without interfering with the system as i can only get radio 2 Thanks for your help
    The big metal clad box is the satnav system. You insert a map CD into it and away you go. Unfortunately, I don't think the UK satnav discs work in it