Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: VR4 Legnum + Ralliart Extra's

Last Online
    12-03-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom

Lovely car, really interested but I fear it's a bit too far for me!

Last Online
    24-06-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    SC400,300ZX,AlfaJTD

sorry for the late reply, just been out to help fetch a motocross bike for a mate, but he's a great tattoo artist so it'll cost him some inkwork!

i don't know where you are located sugary so don't know to what extent i could offer to help with travel difficulties, so let me know where you are and i'll see what i can do..

cheers

shrew
    He who dies with the most Toys, still dies...

Name
    brendan
    Last Online
    11-09-2015
    Country
    Ireland
    Car
    legnum 2.5 twin

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by shrew
    Ooh

have i ruffled some feathers or something?

Shrewd Vehicle Sales is a title that a small collective of friends, family, and contacts try to use as an outlet and medium to sell cars, bikes, etc etc. If you care to look at the other car on the same site you'll notice that that one belongs to Area52 Motorsport, and is nothing to do with me personally at all.

I, my Father, miss's, kids, and many mates are essentially Petrolheads, regardless of title we are just the same as the rest of you, and I in particular am a big fan of the VR4 and ran my last one for nearly 2 years. This is now in Ireland with its new owner, a fellow club member.

I get through cars like socks, and they have to go somewhere, somehow.

I am not a registered trader, i do not buy purely to sell on for profit, i just enjoy cars, bikes, etc and as a self employed electrician i do everything in my spare time.

If i were a dealer, this would be sold with mandatory warranty and more likely be advertised for a whole lot more money than this too!

There is also a website that will confirm all this a little further if its still up, but i feel that ive said my piece, and my ebay feedback will evidence exactly what ive just stated.

If it offends anyone, or anyone has any issue with me offering it for sale to club members, fine, i'll pull the advert, and you'll here nothing more from me.

Over to you...
    hi all,
    Just wanted to let ye all know that i bought shrews last car (white legnum) of him and i have had no probs with it as of yet...its going like a dream.he did not come accross as a dealer or anything like that...told it like it was when i met him at airport and even when i e-mailed him for any info that i forgot to ask when i bought the car he e-mailed me without any questions....don't think you can ask for better service than that,
    don't get me wrong,not trying to promote shrew or anything like that...just nice to meet an honest guy with an honest sale...i would have no problem buying off him again in the future....!!!
    Regards
    Brendan.

Last Online
    24-06-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    SC400,300ZX,AlfaJTD

there you are brendan, i knew you'd joined as you told me you would, but i didn't know who or what as???

good to hear that all is going well, but i have to apologise about the wheel centre thing.

wheelmania told me 5 times that they were sending me a couple, and everytime they failed to appear, and it became so long that i gave up! soz!

i assume dvla finally got their head round the emigration over water and gleaned you with a log book?

bloody useless aren't they....

thanks for coming forward and the comments brendan, i think everyone is a little guarded and sore at the mo from some previous goings on as you miight have gathered!

cheers

shrew

Last Online
    12-03-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom

Well I live south central, Newbury to be exact so it really is a long slog! I'm not 100% decided on a Legnum yet, only due to the bad rap they get for fuel drinking! How bad really is it?

Last Online
    24-06-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    SC400,300ZX,AlfaJTD

i'm used to getting 25 - 27 on a steady motorway run, which was in my last modded white one, don't really know if the mods made it any better or worse???

around town, normal driving, 20 or just under, clogging it everyhere you'll melt the ice-cap and drown Scandinavia in a fortnight!

not great i know, but funnily enough ive never had any better out of just a 2.0 scooby or evo either, so not too bad overall.

you can't have it all ways, loads of power with two blowers, and 40 to the gallon will never go hand in hand, in a petrol engine anyway.

i think most will agree that these are pretty realistic figures, hey guys????

shrew

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Can always get a MAP2 ECU or similar - sort out the fuelling AND up the power!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Last Online
    24-06-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    SC400,300ZX,AlfaJTD

have you managed to tune with a map2 AND get better economy?

you clever devil!

how have you managed that?, my understanding from previous threads were that although the map2 can certainly unleash many ponies, very easily,

but so to do those ponies drink!

good to hear though, maybe there is hope afterall eh?

having seen some fueling info before, i summised that on throttle the VR4 wasn't bad at all, it was on part throttle and off the gas that Mitsubishi seems to have forgotten what engine and fuel control is, and the fuel and ignition map just wanders all over the place until throttle is applied once more.

so, in other words, where exactly does a map2 ecu make mpg gains over stock?

cheers, interested

shrew

NOTE TO SUGARY - Ive travelled further than Newbury to see a good car go to a good home, so if you're up for it, don't let the distance put you off, at the very least we could do a halfway thing at warwick or similar, just let me know your thoughts and we could work something out if you want to, cheers, shrew

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Curtain

Quote Originally Posted by shrew
    it was on part throttle and off the gas that Mitsubishi seems to have forgotten what engine and fuel control is, and the fuel and ignition map just wanders all over the place until throttle is applied once more.
    You've kind of answered your own question there!

The MAP2 will improve fuelling (i.e. lean it out) just about everywhere. Even on full throttle, it can be mapped to keep the AFR at high 11s or 12, rather than the stocker's propensity to bomb as low as the low 10s or even 9s.

The MAP2 can also increase the power, but start using those extra ponies, and they will of course drink more. Of course, when you're pootling around the rest of the time, you'd still be using less fuel than a completely stock car - purely down to the better fuelling.

That's my understanding of it anyway - maybe benh will post up some time to add more (or take some away!). But perhaps that's for another thread. Let me know if you'd rather this one was tidied up.

Last Online
    24-06-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    SC400,300ZX,AlfaJTD

Ooh! did i know something clever? ha ha !

just before you tidy things up a tad (might be an idea, we are way off topic now eh!) i've had a afr meter / guage for a long time but then sold the car it was destined for, and the instructions have gone array too, so any idea how you connect these things, it'd be nice to use it rather than sitting there?

thanks nev

cheers

shrew

Last Online
    12-03-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom

Can you PM me with your mobile number please? Are you about this weekend?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12