Adam
    Last Online
    21-05-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Poxy Megane

FS: eBAY Pro Shop Lida Intake Pipes

Dont know if these are 100% correct for our VR4's but my god how expensive!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pro-Shop-Iida-...1%7C240%3A1318

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

They used to be over £800

Last Online
    24-06-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    SC400,300ZX,AlfaJTD

what a load of expensive tosh!

i reckon a decent custom exhaust builder could bend them from any pipe you like, then buy samco hose jointers, and you'd spend less than £150.

there is nothing more included in that kit than in the one i bought for my 300zx, and i got that from the states where the car is more popular anyway, shipped to the door for under £150, brand fire new.

i don't car who makes it, if it's the right size and even reasonably made and from decent material, it'll do the job its supposed to.

the gains from this kind of kit varies from next to nothing, to, well, nothing, unless your original hoese are tired, soft, and can deform under the vac / pressure, or, you're running a big increase in boost pressure that will likely find its way out of any little weakness, and for the vr4 that would be the stock recirc dump valve for starters which will leak pass pretty early on when upping the boost levels.

thats my two penneth and experience anyway, and, if you buy some of the better blow off valves for the reasons above, they will often be integral to a proper hard pipe mount anyway, so that one of the larger pipes of that kit redundant straight away.

are you running mods that will likely make a gain from a hard pipe kit?

cheers

shrew
    He who dies with the most Toys, still dies...

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

I was'nt looking to buy them as I have the same view as you over priced.

I'm liking you picture. Where did you get that from, how much & what kind of power increase if any do you get?

Last Online
    24-06-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    SC400,300ZX,AlfaJTD

Don't blame you for not buying, i certainly wouldn't either!

On its own it was worth 0 hp, but as a good'un it allowed me to start playing with the Boost Control i'd fitted.

Sadly i sold the car before finishing playing, but as i said before, the stock recirculating dump valve, fitted and blanked off down below, will rapidly become a limiting factor in boost and tuning mods.

My car was a 97, so considering a stock valve would likely fail and leak at much above 10/12 psi when new, put the age into the equation, and even stock levels of say 8psi can begin to escape.

This Blitz one can hold 30 psi (2 bar) with ease, came with the pipe, fittings and blanks to remove the stock one, for a bit about £200 if i recall correctly. It went in a dream, and sounded great too, but mine was a tiptronic not manual so i could afford to have a pretty loud one and not be annoyed by it at every gear change as it will only "dump" on shutting off a high enough throttle opening.

what i think i did notice even without adjusting the boost levels, was a smoother and torquier feel to it through the gears, but this may be evidence that i was already losing a little boost pressure somehwere, and this fitment cured that for me incidentally!

Whilst under the bonnet doing this mod i fully inspected all the remaining pipes and joints, and to be honest i found little excuse to change them considering my target of upped boost anyway, they all seemed up to the job to me and a small but significant leak would be seen on a boost guage, any larger escapes would be felt and maybe heard too!

I only purchased a hard pipe kit for the 300zx i own because i want to eventually run about 20-25psi for momentary hign boost setting fun and games, and as an even older car (92 K reg) with slightly more mileage, and an even worse engine bay for heat generation, i thought it might be a good idea for all the above reasons.

although dear enough, a good set of samco or similar replacemet hoses would suffice for most vr4 levels of tune i know of to be honest, the rest of it is for show i think, but this only my opinion of course and no doubt i could be shot down in flames at any moment...

my theory, spend money where it really matters, where it makes a difference, or and ideally where the miss's won't realise, and hard pipes don't come high on that list unless there is an age realted problem.

another two-penneth worth, at this rate i'll be skint before you!

shrew