Thread: Looking at VR4 in Nottingham.....

Name
    keith ian wood
    Last Online
    28-09-2017
    Country
    England
    Car
    2.0 Galant Spor

Looking at VR4 in Nottingham.....

.....and is there anyone that can swing by and give this baby a look.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/906797.htm

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    04-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS

PM me if you want, i dont mind popping by.
    Still here somewhere........

Name
    Matt
    Last Online
    11-06-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo 4 GSR

Funny cos I was going to volunteer you Mike for this job too lol
    '97 EVO 4 GSR

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    21-03-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant V6-24

You tempted

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    05-02-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V70 T5

hmmm lol that add looks like zee's lol (doent) or a car some1 has bought off him and using the same advert

Last Online
    06-09-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvr4
    hmmm lol that add looks like zee's lol (doent) or a car some1 has bought off him and using the same advert
    Actually that advert does read almost exactly like Zee's...i would be wary, but the pics look ok.
    Then again...the pics of my car looked ok as well...Who knew! lol
    Well...That's gone and done it!

Name
    Ritch
    Last Online
    17-09-2015
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    '03 Colt 16v &

dont think so, its similar by having some paragraphs capitalised, but its not his wording - all his ad's have the following regardless of car and whether tip or manual;
    "THE ENGINE SOUNDS VERY SWEET AND SINGS ALONG A VERY SWEET V6 NOTE WHICH IS AMPLIFIED WITH THE EXHAUST. ITS NOT LOUD BUT HAS A DEEP TONE. THE ENGINE IS VERY QUIET AND DOESNT HAVE ANY UNWANTED TAPPET SOUND WHEN WARM AND EVEN ON A COLD START.

THE GEARBOX IS PERFECT AND DOENT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, WORKS FINE IN BOTH AUTOMATIC AND TIPTRONIC MODES

THE INTERIOR IS ABSOLUTELY IMMACULATE

THE EXTERIOR IS ALSO SPOTLESS AND REFLECTS ON THE MILEAGE AS IT DOESNT HAVE ANY SCRATCHES OR DENTS AT ALL WHICH IS HARD TO BELIEVE BUT THIS CAR IS SPOTLESS

THIS VEHICLE HAS A VERY GOOD SPECIFICATION AND IS PRICED VERY CHEAP FOR THE MILEAGE/CONDITION."

Give the lass a call and ask how long she has had it for and why she needs to sell etc could be very genuine!
    BMW E60 525i (3.0) M-Sport.

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

I'll agree that the shape of the boot means a Galant might be a bit awkward with a new baby (pushchair, travel cot, etc.), but I find that to be an odd reason to get rid of a Galant - which is after all a fairly spacious family saloon.

Unless she's already got a couple of kiddywinks!

We took the old V6 away to the rellies on a few occasions, including a Christmas where we had both the girls, clothes for a fortnight (lots!), pushchair, travel cot, stairgate (no, really!), bottles, formula, sterlising equipment, high chair and pressies (again lots!) in the saloon! I will admit that some of that was in the main cabin, but it was still manageable!

I doubt that it's rubbish here, but I do wonder sometimes whether 'selling due to new baby' and 'company car forces sale' are occasionally used as a BS reason (because they are good genuine reasons) when the real reason might be something more sinister that has maybe been disguised. Sawdust anyone?

Just to reiterate that I'm not suggesting anything untoward here, but that anybody would be wise to check for evidence when visiting any second-hand car for sale privately that the reasons for selling are probably true (e.g. a shiny new company car on the drive, car seats, 'new baby' cards, etc.). I'm prepared to give the benefit of the doubt (possibly a bit too much at times) and if someone appears genuine, and there are no niggling doubts in the back of the mind, then they probably are genuine.
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    keith ian wood
    Last Online
    28-09-2017
    Country
    England
    Car
    2.0 Galant Spor

I have seen the add before and avertised under pistonheads a good few monthes ago and thought it abit strange that it was under the same add.

The car does look in very good condition and surprised that it as not been snapped up.

It just abit of a tricky situation when you want to get the genuine article and see something like this when your own car, that is younger, than this car is running well now, after a little visit to Mo,s garage.

Very, very tempted and the price and that seem very good but something is bugging me about that add.