Name
    Alex
    Last Online
    01-12-2011
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Hi, nice job. please can you post a link of the set of projectors you are using for this? thanks a lot

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Alex, it's in the first post?

Name
    Tomasz
    Last Online
    21-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    ex-Galant VR4

May not work Steve it's very old.
    Here active auction I've found:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PROJECTOR-LENS...item3f06afecce
    But there are few other newer kits which I haven't checked yet. They look almos identical due to fitment, but lenses shape are bit different. Worth to check out anyway. I think Glenn's lights will be guinea-pig
    Alex, you don't need to make any adjustment to diaphragm blade, those kits are designed for LHD vehicles, so in your case it's almost p&p.
    Ex: Galant VR4
    Running 268 HP ATW and 443 Nm torque at 0.9 bar
    Now: Lancer Evolution 8 FQ-300
    Running 325 HP ATW and 510 Nm torque at 1.6 bar

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    25-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EC5W

C'mon Tomek, set the price, and put in for sale thread. As you know i was looking for lights like this for ages but lack of knowledge/time keep this project still in 'to do' drawer. And my mate is looking for set like this as well. If we supply lamps to you how much it will cost?? and one more thing- with lights is better/easier to do JDM plastic or EU glass?
    His FL Legnum VR4 running 238.8 ATW HP and 500Nm @1.05 bar on LPG
    Hers PFL Legnum VR4 COTY see here for full story
    Looking for AMSoil? click here

living in north west?
    would you like to meet with other VR4 fanatics?
    click here

My recent and ex Mitsubishi's

Name
    Tomasz
    Last Online
    21-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    ex-Galant VR4

Actually I have no preference due to JDM either EUDM light clusters. Anyway, you must split them, so effort is the same. Glass clusters seems bit easier (shorter, and more high temp proof), but nowadays it make no difference to me.

No, I'm not gonna do any "for sale" etc. thread. Still happy to do custom work, but because I depend on headlight supply, current rate exchange and eBay offer I can't set up fix price. And more important, that modification to a diaphragm blade is PITA job, 0.5mm wrong and selenoid won't work, or you get wrong light pattern, or just brake blade (snap one).
    So you can give me PM what are your requirements and we then can talk...

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    25-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EC5W

Ok, fair enough, you got my point, obviously you done few and gain your experience/confidence, I am OK with spanners and hammers, but hate precision jobs. Any way see you on RR in march and then we figured out what is involved

Name
    Wadi
    Last Online
    10-12-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Galant V6 24

Quote Originally Posted by swinks View Post
    Actually I have no preference due to JDM either EUDM light clusters. Anyway, you must split them, so effort is the same. Glass clusters seems bit easier (shorter, and more high temp proof), but nowadays it make no difference to me.

No, I'm not gonna do any "for sale" etc. thread. Still happy to do custom work, but because I depend on headlight supply, current rate exchange and eBay offer I can't set up fix price. And more important, that modification to a diaphragm blade is PITA job, 0.5mm wrong and selenoid won't work, or you get wrong light pattern, or just brake blade (snap one).
    So you can give me PM what are your requirements and we then can talk...
    I'm from Indonesia and completely have no capability of doing this amazing thing by my self because my limited knowledge and experience. I find this work really interesting and would love to have one pair in my galant (we don't have VR-4 here). I'm kind of wondering that perhaps you could help me too and also ship it to my country... Just PM me the price and hope it would meet my range. Thks

one more thing, could you put some pictures of night and low... I need to see how great the car would be...from distance (but not far)
    Last edited by motolola; 24-02-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Name
    Tomasz
    Last Online
    21-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    ex-Galant VR4

Quote Originally Posted by motolola View Post
    I'm kind of wondering that perhaps you could help me too and also ship it to my country... Just PM me the price and hope it would meet my range. Thks

one more thing, could you put some pictures of night and low... I need to see how great the car would be...from distance (but not far)
    Pictures of working low and high beam are in one of my first posts in this thread.
    Unfortunately, shipping to Indonesia is enormous and hence total price is massive, don't think it's worth a hassle unless you are ready to pay range of 400 GBP.

Name
    Tomasz
    Last Online
    21-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    ex-Galant VR4

And an update for those who will try to make their own lights.
    WARNING!
    Recently there are new model of bi-xenon projector kits. Price is very tempting. Lenses look like this:

Unfortunately, mechanism of moving inside blade diaphragm had been change and it's impossible to modify this to RHD vehicles. Sorry Glenn, you will have to wait bit longer because I had to order another set with old selenoid diaphragm.

So if anyone wants to play with projector my recommendation will go for this style projectors:

And remember, this style projector kits seems to be not any more in production, so supply may be limited.

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

No worries Tomasz... No rush

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Tomasz, how heavy are a pair of lights? I can ship up to 20kg to Brunei from Germany for about £60 and that should be a similar location.

EDIT: Can anyone spot the Chinese person in the first of those two photos? LOL
    Last edited by Beastlee; 04-03-2011 at 08:02 AM.
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    Carsten
    Last Online
    22-10-2023
    Membership ID
    NZ019
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Nissan Navara
    My Garage
    Visit

so if i bought the newer ones, i shouldn't have to change them since we drive to the left side of the road?

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

You drive on the left but the steering wheel is on the right, the LHD/RHD refers to the car, not road so you need to convert.

Name
    Csaba
    Last Online
    23-08-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    Legnum's VR4

Quote Originally Posted by Gly View Post
    so if i bought the newer ones, i shouldn't have to change them since we drive to the left side of the road?
    If you drive on the left side,just fit the projectors straight away,the oncoming traffic will be greatful if you don't convert them.
    Csaba= Chaba to pronounce
    VR4
    Anything else is just a compromise,maybe a E500 not

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Csaba, that's wrong, driving on the left side of the road means your steering wheel is on the right hand side of the car. RHD and LHD refer to the side you sit on to drive the car. Obviously this is affected when you take a car into a country where they drive on the opposite side to that it was intended for. So in my case the LHD lights are correct despite my car being RHD.

So if you want to be totally accurate, if you drive on the left side of the road you should use RHD lenses, but if you drive on the right side of the road you should use LHD lenses.

Name
    Csaba
    Last Online
    23-08-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    Legnum's VR4

Quote Originally Posted by Beastlee View Post
    Csaba, that's wrong, driving on the left side of the road means your steering wheel is on the right hand side of the car. RHD and LHD refer to the side you sit on to drive the car. Obviously this is affected when you take a car into a country where they drive on the opposite side to that it was intended for. So in my case the LHD lights are correct despite my car being RHD.

So if you want to be totally accurate, if you drive on the left side of the road you should use RHD lenses, but if you drive on the right side of the road you should use LHD lenses.
    Yes Lee you'r absolutely right,I'm sorry,I misunderstood Carsten's reply"we drive to the left side of the road".

Name
    Csaba
    Last Online
    23-08-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    Legnum's VR4

Unfortunately, mechanism of moving inside blade diaphragm had been change and it's impossible to modify this to RHD vehicles.
    Is possible Tomasz,just is a really bloody job,have a look here:
    http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthr...282#post623282
    I did 3 sets last couple of months,last weekend passed a car the MOT with them fitted,just had to adjust the level and the angle there with instrument.
    Last edited by Ralliart1; 16-03-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Name
    Wadi
    Last Online
    10-12-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Galant V6 24

Pictures of working low and high beam are in one of my first posts in this thread.
    Unfortunately, shipping to Indonesia is enormous and hence total price is massive, don't think it's worth a hassle unless you are ready to pay range of 400 GBP.
    No, I mean picture of working low beam "in the night" because I like to see how great the look of the car face.
    Does GBP 400 include shipping? I mean I don't have to pay anything else to get those things in my hand exclude shipping tax. In my calculation, most of used VR-4 headlamp costs IDR 3,000,000 here. Add with retrofit cost of IDR 3,000,000 means IDR 6 million. Convert to pound sterling equal to GBP 421. So...I think it's worth to pay. What do you think?

Name
    Tomasz
    Last Online
    21-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    ex-Galant VR4

Been busy today making another few to go.
    Amesh, yours almost finished, need to finish loom for separate switches and check out how it works.
    P1050885.JPGP1050889.JPGP1050888.JPG

Name
    simon
    Last Online
    04-05-2015
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Legnum PFL VR4

what would be a ball park price to do these for me? Around £100, £150, £200?

£20 for CVR4 Membership, best money I've ever spent.
    Join here

Jan 2011
    New engine
    Feb 2011
    NJ special ECU - thanks John
    Momo steering wheel - thanks Steve
    Alloys - thanks Jay/Colin
    229bhp @0.4 bar (fix to follow)
    New boost solenoid
    Standard dumpvalve - cheers again Steve
    Decat 3"
    291.5 BHP @ 0.9 bar