Piers
    Last Online
    04-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4 + BMW 335

WTB: Exhaust, full system

Looking for a performance exhaust full system - preferably one with high flow CAT, or decat.

Name
    Stefan
    Last Online
    30-01-2022
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Legnum 25ST-R

blueflame at camskill...
    the one and only...Pearl White Legnum 25 ST-R...registered in Germany - now featuring a 6A13TT engine (unless you know otherwise)

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

And if you want a sports cat rather than decat, TSL Motorsport

Name
    Piers
    Last Online
    04-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4 + BMW 335

I had a look at teh blueflame 1 before I posted here. It looks nice and good price too for new, but I was looking really for a second hand system perhaps from somebody breaking.

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

why a second hand system?

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

little birdy I assume

cheap cheap

Kanji Automotive Solutions - Looking after your Pride and Joy

Servicing - Upgrades - Tuning - Pre Used Parts - Undersealing - Advice - Consultancy
    PM or Call me for any work requests or to discuss your requirements
    Ebay Shop -> http://stores.ebay.co.uk/sun-wizzard...=p4634.c0.m322

To contact the CVR4 Staff please see HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

Name
    Piers
    Last Online
    04-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4 + BMW 335

Yeah basically
    I'm only 19 an just forking out £400 isnt an easy thing for me to do, and with it costing me all of whats left of my mod fund I cant really justify it for the expected performance / asthetic gains.

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

get one made cheaper, mine cost 170,, although hving been there done that, at your age, is a VR4 wise? I mean, stuff for these aint cheap in the general wear and tear dept, if you cant afford to fork out £400 for an exhaust can you afford to ork out 400 when it breaks down?

Mine recently cost me,
    £200 Brakes, and thats a cheap set up
    £150 wheel bearing
    £100 plugs sorting out bad running
    £120 2 tyre

Trust me, if your not earning much, and young a VR4 aint the way to be going, made that mistake already, they aint a cheap car to run, just giving you some advice there

As for exhaust I got a 3" made for 170 at a local exhaust place, thats very highly rated

Last Online
    22-07-2010
    Country
    Other

Yea i'm looking at getting the Blue Flame from Camskill anyone know how much bhp gain that system gives you?

Name
    Sheffield
    Last Online
    07-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    galaxy excel 2

A VR4 @ 19 ??
    how much was the insurance?

Name
    tommie
    Last Online
    26-09-2023
    Country
    Ireland
    Car
    legnum 1997

I have a complete system off a Legnum VR4 I'm breaking.
    Downside is its in dublin.
    old age and treachery will outdo youth and skill anyday

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    12-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    2009 Colt

Quote Originally Posted by SGHOM
    A VR4 @ 19 ??
    how much was the insurance?
    yes my next question
    "Finishing second means you are the first person to lose"................ (Gilles Villeneuve)

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Piers1989
    Yeah basically
    I'm only 19 an just forking out £400 isnt an easy thing for me to do, and with it costing me all of whats left of my mod fund I cant really justify it for the expected performance / asthetic gains.
    I would expect any exhaust changes (i.e. modifications), to increase your insurance premium quite substantially - possibly by more than the £400 you're looking to spend, given your age (as I imagine the premium is already quite, er, thought-provoking!). You may even end up where you could be struggling to find an insurer to even quote for cover with modifications. Keep it standard for a while, build up the experience.
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Get something small and fun whilst you still can! Get a family car when you've got a family!!!

Name
    Scott
    Last Online
    01-05-2023
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    XF V8 & Shogun

vr4 can be cheap to insure

Its one of the main reasons i ended up with one...

Name
    ian
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4/24vc
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by pitslayer
    get one made cheaper, mine cost 170,, although hving been there done that, at your age, is a VR4 wise? I mean, stuff for these aint cheap in the general wear and tear dept, if you cant afford to fork out £400 for an exhaust can you afford to ork out 400 when it breaks down?

Mine recently cost me,
    £200 Brakes, and thats a cheap set up
    £150 wheel bearing
    £100 plugs sorting out bad running
    £120 2 tyre

Trust me, if your not earning much, and young a VR4 aint the way to be going, made that mistake already, they aint a cheap car to run, just giving you some advice there

As for exhaust I got a 3" made for 170 at a local exhaust place, thats very highly rated
    £170 made up tell me more ??? iam 37 and can't aford it but who cares !!!
    ian

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

not at 19, mine was bad enough at 20, I know I cant really criticise here, but I have accepted the fact that 20 and below is to young to run a VR4 unless you are minted, and can afford to throw away money.

Insurance wise aswell, modding it you will have to tell them that is not cheap, as for your modding fund, throw it out the window, I had one, and ended up spending it on general maintenance, saying you cant afford a new exhaust makes me wonder if you can afford the maintenace costs.

I will be honest part of me regrets buying a VR4 I honestly thought I could afford to run one, they are not a cheap car to maintain, a quick run down on the costs for you and things you will need to do to the car if they havnt been done
    Cambelt and tensioners-£500
    Gearbox service-£300 with good fluids and full flush
    Brakes, a good setup-£300
    Spark plugs-£60, plus fitting would come in well over £100
    Lower arms-£150 each if they ever go and the recall hasnt been done
    Rackends and ball joints-£100 and these are common to fail
    Tyres really have to do all 4-£400
    Tiptronic gearbox failure, they sometimes go not saying yours will, but that will set you back around 1k to do

VR4 you have to think months ahead,, with an idea, that something could break and even buying second hand bits of some of the guys here, aint cheap I dont want to dishearten you, but take it from someone who has been there and done that, a VR4 at a young age isnt a good idea

Dont forget ontop you will need to inform your insurance company of any mods, just to up the boost by about 2 psi on my car last year, £150 and you cant not tell them, otherwise it is insurance fraud, I also assume the insurance policy is in your own name? Ie your mum or dad hasnt insured it in there name and put you as a named driver, and you drive it all the time, as that is also insurance fraud, the only reason I got insurance on mine was through strict stipulations
    Car has to be on private land away from roads or garaged
    Cat 1 alarm
    Cat B postcode,
    even then I still had a massive premium

Dont mean to come across as a b*stard but I am only saying this to help you out

edit: Ian, Center section made 3" cat back, stepping down to 2.5" for the rear box, down at Prospeed in Cardiff, top notch work, top notch blokes, and very competative, anyone in newport cardiff area says to go to them

Name
    Felipe
    Last Online
    07-01-2014
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    97 manual VR4

Quote Originally Posted by pitslayer
    not at 19, mine was bad enough at 20, I know I cant really criticise here, but I have accepted the fact that 20 and below is to young to run a VR4 unless you are minted, and can afford to throw away money.

Insurance wise aswell, modding it you will have to tell them that is not cheap, as for your modding fund, throw it out the window, I had one, and ended up spending it on general maintenance, saying you cant afford a new exhaust makes me wonder if you can afford the maintenace costs.

I will be honest part of me regrets buying a VR4 I honestly thought I could afford to run one, they are not a cheap car to maintain, a quick run down on the costs for you and things you will need to do to the car if they havnt been done
    Cambelt and tensioners-£500
    Gearbox service-£300 with good fluids and full flush
    Brakes, a good setup-£300
    Spark plugs-£60, plus fitting would come in well over £100
    Lower arms-£150 each if they ever go and the recall hasnt been done
    Rackends and ball joints-£100 and these are common to fail
    Tyres really have to do all 4-£400
    Tiptronic gearbox failure, they sometimes go not saying yours will, but that will set you back around 1k to do

VR4 you have to think months ahead,, with an idea, that something could break and even buying second hand bits of some of the guys here, aint cheap I dont want to dishearten you, but take it from someone who has been there and done that, a VR4 at a young age isnt a good idea

Dont forget ontop you will need to inform your insurance company of any mods, just to up the boost by about 2 psi on my car last year, £150 and you cant not tell them, otherwise it is insurance fraud, I also assume the insurance policy is in your own name? Ie your mum or dad hasnt insured it in there name and put you as a named driver, and you drive it all the time, as that is also insurance fraud, the only reason I got insurance on mine was through strict stipulations
    Car has to be on private land away from roads or garaged
    Cat 1 alarm
    Cat B postcode,
    even then I still had a massive premium

Dont mean to come across as a b*stard but I am only saying this to help you out

edit: Ian, Center section made 3" cat back, stepping down to 2.5" for the rear box, down at Prospeed in Cardiff, top notch work, top notch blokes, and very competative, anyone in newport cardiff area says to go to them
    hey! i'm 20 and i'm doing fine lol! you need a good job to keep you afloat though lol! and i was lucky that i bought my car with a exhaust system built in, except for the downpipes.... anyway. good luck with the bills.

Name
    Robert
    Last Online
    25-11-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Audi B5 RS4

Yeah, they're expensive to run. Mine has just cost me;
    2 new TREs £30
    Tracking £30
    CVR4 renewal £20

And the MOT man said my exhaust was shot, so I'm going to be needing one too.

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by thfelipeth
    hey! i'm 20 and i'm doing fine lol! you need a good job to keep you afloat though lol! and i was lucky that i bought my car with a exhaust system built in, except for the downpipes.... anyway. good luck with the bills.
    everything is much more expensive here in the uk, fuel, parts, insurance, unlike NZ VR4s arent everywhere, and well known

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast