17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

I've just checked my tin - it's a DOT 4. Can be mixed with DOT 5.1 though.
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Incidentally ATE is German and therefore should be easy to find here....no such luck!
    It's ATE DOT4 I'm using though so at least it should be highly compatible
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Ok so good news. After fully charging the battery it runs so much better and so far no errors listed.
    We spent 2 full hours bleeding the brakes which now feel firm but still don't stop like I expected them too. Only time will tell there.

I now have an annoying squeak from the driver's side wiper hinge so I need to get to it and grease the spindle or it will drive me nuts.

I still don't have a grille either so the car looks very odd. Due to the modifications to the front end I'm not entirely sure the grille will fit so I need to find one quick to test. I can't remember what I did with the clips either so that's annoyed me.

But it's all positive now, the car feels great and as soon as I fix the engine mounts it'll fele even smoother.

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    09-12-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    VR2,VR4+Mazda6

Good to see it's getting back to tip-top shape Lee!
    I have a few grilles laying around (all in white) and all for PFL, although these fit ofcourse (for the time being) if you use them on a FL front. I don't have any of the grille clips, sorry. Supposedly they are not that expensive from the Mitsu dealer...

The VR2 has (just recently) that wiper squeak too, need to get that greased asap, as it is really annoying indeed!

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Good news.....more pictures please!

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

I took the car down the autobahn earlier....

Now I know it's been a while since I drove it hard but my god it feels quick. The new FMIC thankfully hasn't introduced any fuel cut when I floor it and I'm sure there's more growl and response to it with it fitted.
    I'm a little scared about the bonnet as it was certainly flapping at 140mph+ but it thankfully stayed in place, as did the damaged grille that is only held in by two of the clips! It's amazing how much heat it lets out when you slow back down, you can see the heatwave rising in front of you.
    I'm certainly impressed by the brakes I cut from 140mph to 50mph in about a quarter of the previous distance and could still brake perfectly well on the slip road without any fade at all. Still not as sharp as I'd like but as the journey was to book it in for the braided hoses to be fitted next week that should soon be sorted. I still disagree with the price at £1500+ for a new set but they are certainly a needy upgrade for the VR4's bulk.

Mark, hopefully you will get to see the car on Saturday, I'm planning on coming down to the show still but wasn't sure if I have a guaranteed spot on the stand and/or how I should be paying. Mark D has sent me some info but I'd be glad if you could clarify for me. I was going to leave about 7AM as it's a 1.5 hour drive up there so gives me a little time to go slow

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    09-12-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    VR2,VR4+Mazda6

Good to know you'll attend Lee with a proper functional performance car! You're welcome on saturday or sunday or both. All the GalantFans attendies will try to meet just in front of the entrance around 08.30 but before 09.00. At exactly 09.00 we will drive into the Autotron and onto the paddock. Whoever is not there then, will have to drive themselves to the paddock. Not a big deal ofcourse, just to let know.

Entrance is not free this year. Every driver with the printed paddock form (see email attachment) in front of the windshield will get a 50% discount for all that attend. This means 10 euro for driver and I think it is 15 euro per passenger. Additionally 10 euro for an oil mat, although you'll get the money back at the end of the day or (if you stay sunday too) the next day.

Hopefully the weather is just as excellent as it was last year! See you soon!

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

I'll be there and hopefully on time too Forgot to print my paddock sheet out at work so I hope my printer has ink here LOL

Some pics to follow as I've started polishing in advance.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

OK, here's a few pics of the car from earlier. It's still not completely finished but at least you get the idea. I definitely prefer this style but I can see how Erebuni went out of business as I don't rate the build quality. If Seibon did the same shape I'd consider it.

And the brakes look much better now the crap has been removed and they've bedded in. The wheels really protrude outside the arches though so I will need to start looking at ways to fit the arch mouldings if I want avoid unwanted attention from the Polizei.

I just need that black coated wide mesh for the FMIC and I'll be happy. The upper grille is only held in by the two clips on the headlamp housings as all the others are either broken or unable to reach the panel behind. Once I have the new one I can look at how to better secure it, it will have the two top clips after all!

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Ooooooh !!

I do like the look of that FMIC

Looks the Mutz

I had 1 just like that once

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Gorgeous!

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    09-12-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    VR2,VR4+Mazda6

You're Leggy is gonna get some serious attention this weekend Lee!

Name
    peter
    Last Online
    05-01-2022
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Jeep SRT8

Very nice Lee

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by WODJNO
    Ooooooh !!

I do like the look of that FMIC

Looks the Mutz

I had 1 just like that once

LOL, Yep it certainly lets you know it means business! I wonder where mine could have come from
    As mentioned before I think it does actually make some difference, even if it's that it allows more air to flow. With the exhaust fitted I think it will be spot on and I need to find a panel filter for it ASAP.

Thanks for the compliment Nev (edit, and everyone else that posted whilst I was replying LOL).

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Quote Originally Posted by Beastlee
    LOL, Yep it certainly lets you know it means business! I wonder where mine could have come from
    As mentioned before I think it does actually make some difference, even if it's that it allows more air to flow. With the exhaust fitted I think it will be spot on and I need to find a panel filter for it ASAP.

Thanks for the compliment Nev (edit, and everyone else that posted whilst I was replying LOL).
    The real difference is that there is no difference

Meaning !! Doesn't matter what boost your running and how hot the ambient air temp is ? There'll be no performance decrease..

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Ok, quick update. I now have a chrome gear surround fitted, something I have wanted since I saw one on a Wildcards' Dad's car.
    I've also done the front roll-stopper and the driver's side mount.

Pics to follow and I will provide write-ups on both.

Name
    Carsten
    Last Online
    22-10-2023
    Membership ID
    NZ019
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Nissan Navara
    My Garage
    Visit

looks hot,

as for the bonnet vibrations. get the aerocatch, i feel safer now knowing mine shouldnt blow up.

carbon aerocatch... mmmm....

http://www.aerocatch.com/category_su...3&procatid=206

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

After yesterday's drive and at Heidi's insistence I will be purchasing a set of carbon flush plus units. I just hope they will fit with the air intake being so near the front of the bonnet.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

As promised here are a few more pics. I need to know how to make an article and I can then do a couple for the engine mounts so far.

Old vs. New - you can see why it needed doing

Driver's Side - Almost completely ripped away.

The new chrome surround looks great but will benefit from a polish. I know it's a love it or hate it thing but I just think it adds a little class and life to the cabin.

More to come once the HKS filter and the exhaust downpipes turn up.

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    09-12-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    VR2,VR4+Mazda6

Good job Lee! Love to see the complete article when you know how to.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast