Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Last long trip I did I got just less than 10l/100km, it was something like 42.3L to 425km, or something amazingly close like that.

I'm about to do 1200km or so of driving over Easter, we'll see how economy goes!

And yes, my car responds fantastically to throttle response, it is better than a stock car, especially from 3000rpm upwards it is a lot better than a stock car, but all the way down to 1500rpm the response is fairly good and overall I am 100% happy I went all the way to the SM4.

It also means that if I go for RPW's HKS 272 cams, adjustable cam gears, VF29 or GT2554R turbos, and forged internals (9:1, just for you Steve!) I can chuck it all in and know that the ECU will handle it with no problems at all.

On the other hand, my newest VR-4, the manual turquoise car is going to get a manual boost controller, a maf mod and perhaps an intercooler, and that is all it will ever get. For those mods I beleive you don't really need any sort of ecu and you will still have a very powerful and responsive car.

(and yes Steve, we love you, you're getting rep for that post and you're never allowed to leave!)

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Quote Originally Posted by elnevio
    you should do this for a living...
    I really really really would like to. I'm unemployed at the moment, so perhaps I should....If I could find a competant engine builder (I get nervous once the engine / gearbox is open....not enough mechanical hands on experience) then I'd probably consider it. Got to be better than whoring myself to the banks, who want to own your whole life (which is why they call it compensation and not pay!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by bradc
    (and yes Steve, we love you, you're getting rep for that post and you're never allowed to leave!)
    Well gosh darn it I'm touched....and I wasn't planning on going anywhere just yet.
    Rep is always welcome:- I wish I had your budget! Is it true you have a money tree in your back garden?

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Heh, I'm still saving for 850CSi stuff at the moment, but just you wait for the next setup on the VR-4

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Steve
    Well gosh darn it I'm touched....and I wasn't planning on going anywhere just yet.
    Good! 'Cause you just got a bit more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12