Jay
    Last Online
    07-06-2011
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

My Grand Plan

Righty, I thought I would post some idea iv been having on here to see what you guys thought.

Im looking to swap my radiator for an evo alloy one (partly due to my intention to track the car and partly for the bling)

I know this is without an oil cooler so I planned to get a Mocal job install aswell to take care of the oil.

Im also planning a new FMIC with hardpipes.

The grandplan is to have a 600x300 fmic behind the front bumper with 2 oil coolers sat behind the front grill (engine and trans).

So, here come the questions:

1. is the oil cooler in the radiator for transmission? If so is it th 5/8 bsp connectors I need to get the hoses to fit? Do you know what hose type.size i need if i were to replace them?

2. For the engine oil, if i use a sandwich plate, what type thread bolt do I need in the sandwich plate?

3. I know i need to replace the PS cooler when I do the intercooler, what do you reccomend I replace it with?

Cheers in advance

JR

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

1. Yes it is, and there is just plain metal piping with rubber hoses over the top of them on the passenger side of the engine bay. The rubber hoses are shaped like upside down U's. You can run the cooler off those connections

2. Can't remember, someone else will tell you

3. It is possible to push it backwards and put it behind the new intercooler. That is how it is done on my car.

Name
    Ryan
    Last Online
    26-04-2018
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legacy 3.0R

Quote Originally Posted by bradc

3. It is possible to push it backwards and put it behind the new intercooler. That is how it is done on my car.
    Just be careful that it doesn't break - it is very sensitive to bending. Mine broke and pissed P/S fluid everywhere, the plus side of which meant that I now have nice and clean fluid in my power steering system.

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Or, as Lee was looking into, you could drain the PS system before you start, and relocate the PS cooler to elsewhere.

Name
    Jay
    Last Online
    07-06-2011
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Dont you have to move the ps piers too aswell as the cooler? What size are they?

JR