Thread: Invecs II Fluid Type & Quantity ?

Name
    Edmund
    Last Online
    02-03-2016
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Car
    96 & 92 Galant

Invecs II Fluid Type & Quantity ?

Hello,
    I have a 1995 E84A VR4 with Invecs II 4 spd.Automatic transmission. The car has been siiting in my garage for about 2 years waiting on body parts to effect repairs after an accident to the rear. I would like to change all fluids as the car is finally being repaired.

I need some information : What is the correct Transmission Fluid for the Invecs II ? (Mitsubishi fluids are not available here) And how much is needed ?

Thanks...

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

I *think* the transmission on the E84A, is not INVECS-II, but the earlier INVECS. I still can't help with the type of fluid required, but hopefully clarifying the gearbox type will help - and may mean that a Dexron III ATF *may* be suitable.

If not, I would have thought that Mitsubishi would have specified their DiaQueen SP-II (or SP-I) ATF, or something meeting those specifications. Hopefully, someone can clear this up for you.

I'd be certain that Amsoil's Universal ATF would do the job though.
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Stefan
    Last Online
    30-01-2022
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Legnum 25ST-R

The AT fluid must be at least compatible to Mitsubishi Diamond SPII standard (for your 7G Galant) or Diamond SPIII standard (on 8G Galants).

I strongly recommend Amsoil ATF which can be purchased from Don Miles at www.Performanceoilsltd.co.uk. Maybe you can find a source nearer to your location to supply Amsoil ATF as it is produced in the US.

AMSOIL ATF has several advantages, e.g. higher thermal stability than common fluids. However, a full flush including the torque converter is recommended. On a 8G Galant you would need around 10 litres to do a full flush, so I think on a 7G it would be a bit less but not that much.

Hope that helps...
    the one and only...Pearl White Legnum 25 ST-R...registered in Germany - now featuring a 6A13TT engine (unless you know otherwise)

Name
    Edmund
    Last Online
    02-03-2016
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Car
    96 & 92 Galant

Thanks for the responses. I think I will try the Amsoil ATF although I was hoping for a more definitive answer.