Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

I agree with Jane.

Small steps first before we start trying to run. Try a poll asking people if they would attend a track day in the week or at the weekend only. Find the numbers and then look at potential book-a-track track or similar track days. Nominate one, then everyone who is interested books their slot.

If this works a couple of times and numbers are high enough, then we consider other stuff afterwards.

We can't sell 20 slots at Japfest so I don't see how we've got a chance at anything else with more than 10 attendees.

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

Knockhill would be good.

If I broke down it would'nt be so far for getting home

Knockhill is a good track but maybe a bit far for you guys down south. But if I can get down to Japfest its not impossible. & There maybe some Scottish members that would be intrested.

Name
    Heath
    Last Online
    11-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    Supra TT/Panzer

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann
    I agree with Jane.

Small steps first before we start trying to run. Try a poll asking people if they would attend a track day in the week or at the weekend only. Find the numbers and then look at potential book-a-track track or similar track days. Nominate one, then everyone who is interested books their slot.

If this works a couple of times and numbers are high enough, then we consider other stuff afterwards.

We can't sell 20 slots at Japfest so I don't see how we've got a chance at anything else with more than 10 attendees.
    Well put Nick - not exactly a rosey time financially for most people at the moment so could really struggle to get numbers.

H

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

Ok, got a reply finally from Combe today and here are some prices to give people an idea of what's involved:

'3' Car Day - This will allow you to have no more than '3' cars on track at any one time - £3,600 + VAT

'4' Car Day - This will allow you to have no more than '4' cars on track at any one time - £4,400 + VAT

'6' Car Day - Again no more than '6' on track at any one time - £5,500 + VAT

'12' Car Day - This is max no of cars allowed on track at any one time - £6,500+ VAT

All prices include all necessary staff ie marshals, paramedic, rescue vehicle and a track manager.

Name
    Heath
    Last Online
    11-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    Supra TT/Panzer

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit
    Ok, got a reply finally from Combe today and here are some prices to give people an idea of what's involved:

'3' Car Day - This will allow you to have no more than '3' cars on track at any one time - £3,600 + VAT

'4' Car Day - This will allow you to have no more than '4' cars on track at any one time - £4,400 + VAT

'6' Car Day - Again no more than '6' on track at any one time - £5,500 + VAT

'12' Car Day - This is max no of cars allowed on track at any one time - £6,500+ VAT

All prices include all necessary staff ie marshals, paramedic, rescue vehicle and a track manager.
    So if all the above options are max'd out that works out at:

£300 per person for 3 car etc...
    £275
    £230
    £135

So only viable option is the last one as Combe's own trackdays are £170.

But as suggested, too risky for club to commit to and why not just try and block book one of Combe's own monthly dates well ahead for the people that really will pay and go ???

Ok there will be a few more bods on track and not exclusively VR4's, but I'm sure the club would have to open up to other clubs and end up with non-VR4's anyway.

Also there is the fact that several track going members have moved on and don't have VR4's any more.

Otherwise its Llandow - cheap and cheerful by all accounts ???

Simon and I were going to go with the mkivsupra club last year, but opted for a Ring trip nearer the time. The Supra bunch by all accounts had a fun time and are doing it again this year.

Llandow costs (all + VAT):

Mon and Fri £1500
    Tue, Wed, Thu £1200
    Sat £2000
    Sun £3000

and you can have upto 10 on track, so could work out as cheap as £35 per person.

H

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    07-08-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Saab 9-5 Estate

Or Cadwell Heath, and you're not limited to the amount of cars on track (within reason).
    The best things in life have to be lubricated

Name
    Taff
    Last Online
    01-05-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum vr-4

sounds like a good idea. and if i had the time, cash, i would attend.

i done a little search on google for pembrey race track (my local track back home in wales) and i found this site www.trackdays.co.uk and they have loads of different track days and events. starting from £79 up to £400+

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

That's exactly what some of us were suggesting in the first place. Use someone like bookatrack or trackdays and just announce which one early enough that people have the chance to book it. If enough of us booked, we'd end up with a CVR4 track day anyway.

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    14-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Scooby thing..
    My Garage
    Visit

But people do NOT book...

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

To be fair, Chris, when was the last time people had a couple of months notice of a book-a-track event.

People don't book to go to the ring, but that is a lot more time and a lot more cost.

I think if a day was suggested, say for late sept/early oct now at a not too inaccessable circuit then we'd get a few people signing up.

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    14-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Scooby thing..
    My Garage
    Visit

Yes I was a little harsh - my comment was particularly linked to the Ring - over a few years people, not juston here, have spoken of going then do not book or pull out at last minute...

For a CVR4 UK trackday, ifa date and venue is chosen with enough notice then we might get quite a few people booking for a good CVR4 day...

Ironically I think the Ring is actually easier on the car than a regular trackday...

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Chris, I think you are right about the ring being easier on the car. Obviously not through experience, but from what I have heard many people say. The issue with the ring is distance, which quickly means time and money.

But sometime this autumn/winter, if no-one else has done so before, I'll try and find a track day to tempt members!

Last Online
    10-07-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    vr4

last year i went on a charity track day at RAF Marham.
    it was £65 for a day.

it's half hour slots and open pit lane.

you're either in group one or group 2.
    you effectively get 8 30 min slots for under £70... BARGAIN

Name
    Phil
    Last Online
    02-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    96 Legnum VR-4

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner
    Friend booked Knockhill recently for a company track night - £1800 for 2 hours including the use of an instructor for the evening. Price includes briefing, free hire of helmets, all marshals, etc. Restaurant open too. 16 of us went, cost £116 each but, although the track is only 1.3 miles, it felt empty most of the time. They would take up to 50 on a track night for the same money.
    I'd pay up to £200 for 2 hours track time at Knockhill personally. So we'd need between 9and 18 takers if people we willing to pay between £100-£200. I paid £100ish last time for their introductory track session thing and that only gave you 30 mins on track (but I used every second!).

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    14-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Scooby thing..
    My Garage
    Visit

I would want a full day for that sort of money - you can get full days at a number of tracks for similar money...

Name
    Phil
    Last Online
    02-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    96 Legnum VR-4

Ahh...but there aren't any other public access race tracks nearer Aberdeen that I'm aware of. If I lived next door to Silverstone, Castle Combe or similar then I would agree.

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    14-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Scooby thing..
    My Garage
    Visit

Well as I do not live next door to anything.....

I work near to Cadwell

But travel to the Ring...

So wherever is chosen, we may have to travel, many of us will not live next door to the track and event/price has to be for a full day, preferably open pit lane...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12