Thread: Is there a link?

Last Online
    02-04-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum type s

Is there a link?

I have had an intermitent fault where the abs would jam on the front nearside brake for no apparent reason, skiddy car would flash on dash, car would not be driven safely. So i pulled abs fuse in engine bay and it has stopped it doing it. Did some searching and found that a damaged reluctor ring is a common cause of this symptom but on inspection of rings, ooh err, they are all fine. Next to check is the abs sensors when i get chance.
    BUT noticed today that the nearside rear tyre is badly worn on the outside edge in comparison to the inside edge, offside tyre is fine. I am asuming that this is something to do with the toe/camber? If so is this enough for the abs/asc to throw a wobbler.

Any help/advice much apreciated.
    IF IT AINT BROKE.....FIX IT TILL IT IS !

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

Mine did this, I took the fuse out, ran it for a month or so without the fuse, untill I couldnt take the lights flashing at me anymore, put the fuse back in, so far it hasnt done it since

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Didn't you have new wheels & tires fitted and tracking done in between whiles, Pits?

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

Probably, I think I got them fitted, tracking done, problem occured, yoinked fuse out, left it a month, put fuse back in, and it went.
    Really wierd problem though, as it snatches the front brake and the ayc doesnt like it, so feels like your diff has sh*t itself