Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Autokool Ltd, Chesterfield - air conditioning and cooling

Booked in with these guys to take Mrs B's Leon to have the aircon looked at and/or regassed, on Saturday 6th June.

The service I received was utterly fantastic, and I am very pleased with the whole adventure!

They are a small (i.e. one-site) operation, but seem to be very big on supplies of all sorts of cooling paraphernalia, including (I noticed later) intercoolers! Hmmm...

Anyway, the Leon's aircon just wasn't getting cold, so I suspected a simple regas, but you have to wonder if there is a leak or other problem.

The guy I dealt with was Chris Stott, and I think he's the main man there. He didn't mind that I turned up early and was happy to crack on! Whilst waiting for the refrigerant-collecting machine to do its business, he offered me a cuppa - and not just out of a machine, from the kitchen where he makes his drinks normally! I like service like this!

He was happy to answer my inane questions, and genuinely seems to enjoy his work and providing good customer service.

So I mentioned that I would post his details up here, especially as I like to shout about good service.

They are based in Barlborough, about 1 minute from J30 of the M1:

www.autokool.co.uk

They do discount air con stuff: www.car-air-conditioning-supplies.co.uk

And, other cooling supplies, as mentioned above: www.discount-cooling.co.uk

I noticed that the Galant was listed, including radiators for the 2.5 V6: http://www.discount-cooling.co.uk/Radiators_D55141.html

Which are priced at £101.78 for the auto version - and I believe are the same as those on the VR-4. Confirmed by looking at Camskill, whose radiators are almost £30 more.

A lesson in customer service could be learned from this chap!

PS: The Leon was fine, fully leak tested and recharged for £45 - and as cool as a cucumber on the inside as well as the outside once again!

He also mentioned that he supplied a few car clubs - notably a Caterham owners' club, as it turns out that a VW Polo (or something) rad fits their cars!

I also spotted that the Tredia was listed as a Mitsi model!!
    Last edited by elnevio; 07-06-2009 at 07:26 PM.
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.