Steve
    Last Online
    01-12-2010
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Vr4

Evo Brake Master Cylinder?

Hey, usually on ozvr4, but site is down and desperated need some info on the evo brake upgrade.

I didnt plan on doing the upgrade this early. But my standard brake master cylinder is rooted. So im thinking i may as well upgrade it to an evo one and do the brakes at the same time.

Now, i seen someone use a evo 6 brake master cylinder, but i dont think it ended well with locking up issues. And doing a bit of research theres apprently a evo 6 1.1/16" and a 1" brake master cylinder or something.

Any info on this would be greated appreciated.

Also if anyone in Aus has a evo brake master cylinder and evo brakes (rotors, calipers, pads, lines) for sale. I would be keen to purchase asap.

Thanks,
    Steve.

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

The EVO 5-6's came with a 1 1/16" brake master cylinder. Carsten was the person that had the problem with his, I think the cylinder was stuffed, not 100% sure.

Name
    Quinton
    Last Online
    25-06-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Built VR4 Leggy

Quote Originally Posted by steveP
    Hey, usually on ozvr4, but site is down and desperated need some info on the evo brake upgrade.

I didnt plan on doing the upgrade this early. But my standard brake master cylinder is rooted. So im thinking i may as well upgrade it to an evo one and do the brakes at the same time.

Now, i seen someone use a evo 6 brake master cylinder, but i dont think it ended well with locking up issues. And doing a bit of research theres apprently a evo 6 1.1/16" and a 1" brake master cylinder or something.

Any info on this would be greated appreciated.

Also if anyone in Aus has a evo brake master cylinder and evo brakes (rotors, calipers, pads, lines) for sale. I would be keen to purchase asap.

Thanks,
    Steve.
    i can source all that for you ex-NZ tho,breaks alone could set you back $1k

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    01-12-2010
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Vr4

yeah im expecting a large-ish bill to get the brakes done. but **** happens. i need them done, so gota bite the bullet regarding price.

im trying to source the parts locally first as i want to get them asap.

^^^ if u could send me a quote with the parts i need that would be appreciated. so rotors, calipers, lines and master cylinder. preferably from an evo 8, but 6-9 is ok.

if price and delievery time is reasonable. ill be very keen. thanks.