Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Hello from a Legacy GTB owner...

Name
    Shaid
    Last Online
    13-01-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Subaru Legacy G

Quote Originally Posted by bradc
    Hey Ryan - you don't like changing spark plugs on a VR-4? Try changing them on a Subaru. Once you remove the piping, wiring, and the engine......
    Why do you want to remove all that for? Why not just the spark plugs? And dont say that you need to remove all that to get to the spark plugs.... (because you dont.... )

Yes scoobies can be expensive to maintain and lets face it VR4s arent exactly cheap to run or maintain either, if you can afford to run the car and maintain the car properly then fair enough if you cant theres no point moaning about it. Also 'Stevo' remember that leggy vs leggie vid that you guys were raving about, which car was it that started smoking????? I shall not say anymore....

VOD is gay????? You know when people lower themselves to dumb levels then you know they havent got a leg to stand on.... Yes VOD is anoying but when you learn to drive around it then all is fine. It's excellent for city driving too.

Oh and lets make one thing very clear, white is the best colour to have any high performance jap car including leggies and leggys! If you think otherwise then you are obviously wrong!

Name
    alan
    Last Online
    13-02-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Outlander Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by shaidmahmood
    Why do you want to remove all that for? Why not just the spark plugs? And dont say that you need to remove all that to get to the spark plugs.... (because you dont.... )

Yes scoobies can be expensive to maintain and lets face it VR4s arent exactly cheap to run or maintain either, if you can afford to run the car and maintain the car properly then fair enough if you cant theres no point moaning about it. Also 'Stevo' remember that leggy vs leggie vid that you guys were raving about, which car was it that started smoking????? I shall not say anymore....

VOD is gay????? You know when people lower themselves to dumb levels then you know they havent got a leg to stand on.... Yes VOD is anoying but when you learn to drive around it then all is fine. It's excellent for city driving too.

Oh and lets make one thing very clear, white is the best colour to have any high performance jap car including leggies and leggys! If you think otherwise then you are obviously wrong!

Hmm me thinks someone missed the point of Banter.............

Name
    Shaid
    Last Online
    13-01-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Subaru Legacy G

Not me Alan, just pointing out a few misconseptions....

Name
    David
    Last Online
    10-02-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Corvette
    My Garage
    Visit

yes VOD is gay..... and by saying that im not "lowering myself to dumb levels" im stating facts. and even if we take the VOD out of the picture - things like WRXs are full of lag and are pretty average for getting away.

and yes the legnum did start to smoke...but it still beat the subbie

and dont take this as a personal attack...i just really dont like them

Name
    Shaid
    Last Online
    13-01-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Subaru Legacy G

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru ETA
    yes VOD is gay..... and by saying that im not "lowering myself to dumb levels" im stating facts. and even if we take the VOD out of the picture - things like WRXs are full of lag and are pretty average for getting away.

and yes the legnum did start to smoke...but it still beat the subbie

and dont take this as a personal attack...i just really dont like them
    Lolz No probs mate, i dont like Imprezas anyway (apart from P1 etc) I find the standard turbos and WRX seem to be underpowered for what they are supposed to be, not the STi though thats in a different league....

Now lets be honest and unbiased for a while wasnt the legnum simply getting in the way of the leggy? If you look closeley i think it was.....

Name
    Wayne
    Last Online
    23-11-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo VI TME

But obviously NOT in white. White is the colour that fridges and wedding dresses come in, not cars!

Do you know how easily I could hit the ban button Brad?
    1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Tommi Makinen Edition

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Now lets be honest and unbiased for a while wasnt the legnum simply getting in the way of the leggy? If you look closeley i think it was.....
    But it's a lot easier to follow another car than to get away...

Hehe...
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

I say Shaid should come to our club stand at the next event and shout/prove his claims in person...

[gets the CVR4 mob gear ready ]

Only joking mate
    1997 Mitsubishi RVR HSGR : 2.0 4G63T, 4 seats and the seating position from a truck
    2009 Ford Mondeo : 2.2TDCi, 4 wheels, some plastics, some metal and some seats
    Former owner of The Mongrel (RIP 2011) and The Rednum (RIP 2014)

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

brad, what ARE you whittering on about? I'd change the plugs on a scoob in half the time it takes on a VR4!!! More importantly, you can test they're working WITHOUT having to put the inlet manifold back on first and THEN finding out you've got the leads wrong

Scoobs are great. They're mechanically very simple, they generally don't need as much looking after as Mitsubishi's and they're even cheaper used.

I DO agree that VOD is a problem on the twin turbos...but not if it's standard. It's only when you start messing around with boost control and/or exhaust system that it starts getting tricky.

You pays your money, you takes your choice IMO....there isn't really much to choose between the two. The Mitsi has the better gearbox for midrange driving, and AYC is very trick. Other than that, you get a flatter torque curve, but a lot more weight up front.

Name
    Shaid
    Last Online
    13-01-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Subaru Legacy G

Quote Originally Posted by atikali2000
    I say Shaid should come to our club stand at the next event and shout/prove his claims in person...

[gets the CVR4 mob gear ready ]

Only joking mate
    Fine lets have it then! phones A - Team

I think the only Galant i saw that interested me was the one belonging to a very friendly gentleman. His car was maroonish/red was fwd, had the VR4 lump in it and 8 pot front brakes.... true sleeper

(oh and not forgetting the white ones - its very well known that the white leggys are the fastest. I think if the leggy in that jap vid was a white one then the VR4 would'nt bother wasting petrol..... )

Name
    Shaid
    Last Online
    13-01-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Subaru Legacy G

Quote Originally Posted by elnevio
    But it's a lot easier to follow another car than to get away...

Hehe...
    So are you admitting that it is a lot easier for the Scooby to follow Mitsi and a lot harder for the Mitsu to get away from the Scooby?

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    05-02-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V70 T5

This is getting to be an interesting read lmao BTW welcome shaidmahmood n a nice looking GTB u have there

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

That car you are talking about, the maroon fwd with the VR-4 engine is The Vee's and is a very nice car.

I was just being a knob about the spark plugs, I've seen them changed and I do like the layout of the engine, subaru are just a bit unique

As I said before though, the 2.0L Twin Turbo motors do not interest me at all. The 2.5L single turbo wagons (in 2003-2008 shape) are ok, especially with the 6 speed manual box, but I'd buy a H6 3.0 instead with the eventual view to popping in a pair of turbos. If my VR-4 was stolen I'd seriously consider it.

Name
    Ryan
    Last Online
    26-04-2018
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legacy 3.0R

I was just being a knob...
    Quote of the year!!!

Name
    Shaid
    Last Online
    13-01-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Subaru Legacy G

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvr4
    This is getting to be an interesting read lmao BTW welcome shaidmahmood n a nice looking GTB u have there

Thank you, now thats a nice legnum in your profile pic.....

Name
    Quinton
    Last Online
    25-06-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Built VR4 Leggy

well may i also put my 2c worth pleeeeez?
    owned 3 legacys and popped the engines all the time,soft blocks and heads,budget turbo buying if you ask me.
    iv taken on hundreds of legacys in all my vr4's and before i get to 2nd gear the legacy is in my rearview mirror and their excuses are'"its not boosting right", or " clutch was slipping". and my cars were factory at those times.
    i do like the looks and options in them but when it comes to reliability and performance a 6A13TT will P#ss ALL over a SCOOBy,maby even a 6A13 will do the same.

Last Online
    03-07-2009
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

Quote Originally Posted by VR4WGN
    well may i also put my 2c worth pleeeeez?
    owned 3 legacys and popped the engines all the time,soft blocks and heads,budget turbo buying if you ask me.
    iv taken on hundreds of legacys in all my vr4's and before i get to 2nd gear the legacy is in my rearview mirror and their excuses are'"its not boosting right", or " clutch was slipping". and my cars were factory at those times.
    i do like the looks and options in them but when it comes to reliability and performance a 6A13TT will P#ss ALL over a SCOOBy,maby even a 6A13 will do the same.
    Naturally, on closed roads under controlled conditions.
    Vrooooooooomm FSHHH!!!!!

Name
    Shaid
    Last Online
    13-01-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Subaru Legacy G

Hmmmm, maybe the VR4s i played with have something wrong with them then....lolz

I know the leggy isnt good at launching, well actually i rarely launch any of my motors. It a little cruel for the car to dump all that power through the drivetrain from standstill....

Maybe when i get my own VR4 i'll see what the fuss is all about and maybe even bring myself to like them aweful chisselled looks... lolz

Name
    Shaid
    Last Online
    13-01-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Subaru Legacy G

Maybe the VR4s i played with had something wrong with them... lolz

Anyway you said you owned 3 leggys and taken on hundreds of leggys... were any of the leggys white gtbs that you owned or taken on? And are you sure the leggys you took on were not the following

1. White
    2. Parked
    3. The same one
    4. GTBs

or did you drive past a subaru dealership very quickly (technically) that way you pass loads of leggys... lolz

On another note i think its cruel to launch a car, dumping all that power through the drivetrain at standhill is asking for trouble... but then again u suppose the VR4s dont really have enough power to do any damage do they???? lolz

Name
    Quinton
    Last Online
    25-06-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Built VR4 Leggy

Thumbs up

hmmm nah i tried that but the dealership was moving premesis at the time,plus all the white GTB's ar either stolen recovered in the DVA auctions or in the process of being stolen lol.
    ps i thort Red was faster than White?

On another note i think its cruel to launch a car, dumping all that power through the drivetrain at standhill is asking for trouble... but then again u suppose the VR4s dont really have enough power to do any damage do they???? lolz
    um well see without all that excessive interior the GTB's have to keep them together the LEGNUMS are lighter and can handle the launches,even from standstill all the way through to top end..AYc is however in SOMe NOT ALL cirumstances a weak point(but again only mean this for the mistreated diffs out there),but the non AYC seems to keep me pretty happy..

i wish i could fit a subaru cup holder into my legnum but its breach of ownership then so i just dont buy takeaways anymore,solves that dilemma

anyhooo,emough from me now,but yea,hope you do get to experiance a ride in a VR4 Legnum sometime and youll see its awsum
    ~Q~
    Last edited by Kenneth; 01-07-2009 at 11:11 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast