Thread: Transfer case!!!

Last Online
    19-10-2010
    Country
    Other
    Car
    vr4 galant

Transfer case!!!

hi , i WANT to know how I can know , when the tranfer have problem , the sintomes???

Name
    alan
    Last Online
    13-02-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Outlander Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by vr4-fan
    hi , i WANT to know how I can know , when the tranfer have problem , the sintomes???
    when it asks to many questions its broken

Usually a grumbling noise, the when it implodes metal all over the road.

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Usually grumbling or whining as road speed increases.

If you drop the oil and there is a lot of metal shards in it then something is broken.

Last Online
    19-10-2010
    Country
    Other
    Car
    vr4 galant

the tranfers have oil ???

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

the tranfers have oil ???
    Erm, of course?

We are assuming you mean the transfer case, which is at the front end of the prop-shaft? If so, it uses 75w-90 Gear Oil (I *think* SAE 90 can be used, or 80w-90, etc) - the same as what goes in the normal part of the rear diff.

Or do you mean something else?
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Last Online
    19-10-2010
    Country
    Other
    Car
    vr4 galant

yes that its , my tranfer case its bad that is was shudder

Name
    David
    Last Online
    10-02-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Corvette
    My Garage
    Visit

well id say it probably is...if you didnt know it had oil in it i think we can safley assume the oil has never been changed..

there is a wounderful artical on this in the memb.....ah forget it

Last Online
    19-10-2010
    Country
    Other
    Car
    vr4 galant

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru ETA
    well id say it probably is...if you didnt know it had oil in it i think we can safley assume the oil has never been changed..

but I dont member , I going to member when I finish all this problem with the car , the tranfer ist too expensive in this country

Name
    Robert
    Last Online
    25-11-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Audi B5 RS4

but I dont member , I going to member when I finish all this problem with the car , the tranfer ist too expensive in this country

It's when you're having problems with the car that you need to be a member, because you get access to lots of useful information that will save you many times more than the membership fee. And you get a discount for Amsoil that can pay off the membership fee in itself. Believe me, it's well worth it.

Name
    Quinton
    Last Online
    25-06-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Built VR4 Leggy

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru ETA

Last Online
    19-10-2010
    Country
    Other
    Car
    vr4 galant

hi , how many litre or quarts , I need for tranfer ??? I can use other oil? my gearbox have amsoil , the tranfer oil and the gearbox its conects?

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

It is in the members area

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '97 Legnum
    My Garage
    Visit

You need gearbox oil for the transfer box. The filler hole also acts as the level so you cant overfill it. You need under 1 lite to fill it.
    '97 Manual Legnum in silver with some subtle mods

My first VR4 - '97 Legnum Dark Green & mean ...it was love at first sight - now sold

Name
    alan
    Last Online
    13-02-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Outlander Turbo

This i quiet annoying now, i paid my 20quid so i had access to all the information. The people who dont pay seem to not ask the questions. Im assuming this is because. They dont need the info or because they arent trying to take the piss.

The whole point of a members section is for paying members. The god stuff is contained within this section.

If people answer your questions like this in the "non members area" Not only do you get the info but so does everyone else who browses the forum in the future. So there is no incentice to join. The club then suffers as it has limited funding to pay for hosting, events etc etc

In short stop being a tight **** and pay the 20quid. I will not be asnwering any more questions untill you join.

Name
    Quinton
    Last Online
    25-06-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Built VR4 Leggy

Quote Originally Posted by AlanDITD
    This i quiet annoying now, i paid my 20quid so i had access to all the information. The people who dont pay seem to not ask the questions. Im assuming this is because. They dont need the info or because they arent trying to take the piss.

The whole point of a members section is for paying members. The god stuff is contained within this section.

If people answer your questions like this in the "non members area" Not only do you get the info but so does everyone else who browses the forum in the future. So there is no incentice to join. The club then suffers as it has limited funding to pay for hosting, events etc etc

In short stop being a tight **** and pay the 20quid. I will not be asnwering any more questions untill you join.
    i second that and sum rep,even if someone might think your harsh!!, i think your right, we are not being rude or unwelcome but for a non paying member VR4-FAN definatly takes a leg when offered an arm!!

Last Online
    19-10-2010
    Country
    Other
    Car
    vr4 galant

ok alan , thanks for you help dudo

Name
    Matt
    Last Online
    11-06-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo 4 GSR

If you think that you have got transfer box issues, you could start reading these threads which lead to other bits of info

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthr...t=transfer+box

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthr...t=transfer+oil
    Last edited by orionn2o; 06-07-2009 at 11:03 AM.
    '97 EVO 4 GSR

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '97 Legnum
    My Garage
    Visit

I have seen far more information given out 'for free' on this forum to others. I have read most of the other threads posted by VR4-Fan and no one has given much away for 'free'. Its very obvious that English is not his first language and if his posts annoy you just ignore them.

Name
    John
    Last Online
    21-03-2017
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum

And he lives on a third world island where banking facilities are minimal. The largest bank there is the FirstCaribbean Bank that has one branch on the island and one ATM machine.It is not nearly as sophisticated as say Bank of Central America which issues bank cards that are useless for most purposes as no one accepts them for on line purchases as they don't have, amonst other things, a security number on the back which is essential if you want a Paypal account. I could be wrong but I suspect he can't find a way to actualy transmit £20.00 to this country. I bet you can't go to your local bank and transfer say 20 East Caribbean Dollars to an individual in Dominica!!!!
    Proverbs 20:29

Last Online
    19-10-2010
    Country
    Other
    Car
    vr4 galant

Quote Originally Posted by John TheAntique
    And he lives on a third world island where banking facilities are minimal. The largest bank there is the FirstCaribbean Bank that has one branch on the island and one ATM machine.It is not nearly as sophisticated as say Bank of Central America which issues bank cards that are useless for most purposes as no one accepts them for on line purchases as they don't have, amonst other things, a security number on the back which is essential if you want a Paypal account. I could be wrong but I suspect he can't find a way to actualy transmit £20.00 to this country. I bet you can't go to your local bank and transfer say 20 East Caribbean Dollars to an individual in Dominica!!!!

I going to join to the club , I have a paypal and all that thinks , but I dont have the money know , I have to problem with my car , when i finish fits the problem , I going to membership , thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast