Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

They don't look to be much different from what I saw.
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    Stefan
    Last Online
    30-01-2022
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Legnum 25ST-R

Hi Lee!

Followed that up and being a bit confused. Had an oil leak on my ST-R and I thought it was the sump. In fact it was the crancshaft oil seal. Both parts of the oil sump are sealed with a high temp liquid seal which mostly will be the reason for oil leaks.
    But you will never know for sure if you can not clean up the sump and check some miles later, where the oil is coming from.

However, I have checked the part numbers with ASA. The oil sump is split in two parts. The lower part (shown in your pics) is identically for the V6 and the VR-4. The upper oil sump is different.

Stefan
    the one and only...Pearl White Legnum 25 ST-R...registered in Germany - now featuring a 6A13TT engine (unless you know otherwise)

Name
    Andrew
    Last Online
    27-02-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant V6 TT

Quote Originally Posted by crazydriver81
    Hi Lee!

Followed that up and being a bit confused. Had an oil leak on my ST-R and I thought it was the sump. In fact it was the crancshaft oil seal. Both parts of the oil sump are sealed with a high temp liquid seal which mostly will be the reason for oil leaks.
    But you will never know for sure if you can not clean up the sump and check some miles later, where the oil is coming from.

However, I have checked the part numbers with ASA. The oil sump is split in two parts. The lower part (shown in your pics) is identically for the V6 and the VR-4. The upper oil sump is different.

Stefan

Well, yes and no! The V6 sump has an oil level sender unit in the side whereas the VR4 doesn't.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Thanks for the info guys, unfortunately the ASA doesn't work on Windows 7 64-bit so I've had t wait until this morning to gt CAPS running on the works laptop.

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Hmm, the ST-R doesn't have the oil level sender, I wonder how many different versions there are? Might be something to look out for.

Name
    Andrew
    Last Online
    27-02-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant V6 TT

Quote Originally Posted by bradc
    Hmm, the ST-R doesn't have the oil level sender, I wonder how many different versions there are? Might be something to look out for.

Ah right, so I wonder if Mitsi have now just standardised on the one to keep costs down on spares stocks.

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Quote Originally Posted by lee
    Thanks for the info guys, unfortunately the ASA doesn't work on Windows 7 64-bit so I've had t wait until this morning to gt CAPS running on the works laptop.
    Sounds like you need a virtual machine......

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Yeah, got to get around to using the new XP mode, had too many other thigns on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12