Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Not totally sure, as I've never driven a Recaro specced VR4. They are regarded as very comfy seats and very supportive, no doubt, but I'm just not into cloth seats. I prefer my armchair style luxury which is why I opted for the leathers in the first place when I changed my interior.

I only saw John's seats but didnt get to sit in them last time we met, but I was suitably impressed with the looks that I have followed him, albeit in the beige leathers as I like them Plus it would look odd having half beige and half black leathers in the car.
    1997 Mitsubishi RVR HSGR : 2.0 4G63T, 4 seats and the seating position from a truck
    2009 Ford Mondeo : 2.2TDCi, 4 wheels, some plastics, some metal and some seats
    Former owner of The Mongrel (RIP 2011) and The Rednum (RIP 2014)

Name
    Gib
    Last Online
    12-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo X FQ480

I do like armchair style luxury, might try an find a cheap set of standard rear leathers for the vr4 and copy you john with the s8 seats as i really wanted heated ones

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

There was a set of leather seats going for £100 for a Galant saloon. Ended last week on ebay

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Mmmm, got leather?

So comfy and supportive. Gotta clean them up properly now and play around with the electrics. Cant wait to get them in the car.

Name
    John
    Last Online
    21-03-2017
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum

And now the fun begins eh?
    Are you happy so far?
    Proverbs 20:29

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

I'm chuffed to bits. And I even got a £1 present which was stuck between the leather panels

I need to take some time to clean them now. Thanks for the wiring diagram John. I managed to find some additional help on the seats too so I am in good stead to get these up and running soon.

Must also give a massive thanks to the guys at Prestige Motors, the breakers who I bought these seats from. Phoned up on Monday evening and made the order, shipped out on a pallet on Tuesday and delivered today (Wed) at 10am. Mounted to the pallet using screws they were very secure and well wrapped up.

Name
    John
    Last Online
    21-03-2017
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum

I agree, I got a fantastic service too and they are extreemly helpful.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

I will have to see if I'm keeping the car, if I am I can think of a lovely birthday present for June
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Done! These are now fitted in the car and look and feel AWESOME. I have wired up the electric adjust controls, but am still stuck on the heated bits. I'll get to that soon though.

I ended up fabricating my new rails out of aluminium flat bars, angle bars and C bars. The mild steel frame that I originally planned was proving to be VERY difficult to work with and this was a very complicated fit due to the uneven mounting points of the original seats. They are sitting about 1 inch too high, but with the right seat adjustment, I cant feel the difference.

I'll get pictures loaded up tomorrow once I have cleaned up and hoovered the car. I also now have my twin cup-holders in front of the armrest! Woo.

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    04-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS

wow sounds wicked Atik, any pics? I need a sit in yours at the next meet!
    Still here somewhere........

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Yup got some pics to post up, but I havent got any pics of the final install as its too dark out now and I still have LOADS of aluminium filings in the car from all the drilling! I'll clean it up tomorrow and will definitely get some pics up.

Its a mod that I would DEFINITELY recommend. A heck of a lot of hard work fabricating the base, but well worth the comfort and support.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Atik,

Sounds great. I'm playing with Pro Engineer at the moment and would really like to set about creating a template for seat swaps. Could you possibly knock up a quick sketch with dimensions so I can put it into the CAD package and create a part for future use in the club. I can see that the number of seat swaps can only increase and even if we don't all fit S8 seats the modifcations can't be too drastic can they?

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Thats a great idea Lee. I will try to work something out for this over the next week. I have my old seats in the front room at the moment so have access to them for measurements.

I'll post up some form of a descriptive 'how to' soon.

Name
    Quinton
    Last Online
    25-06-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Built VR4 Leggy

cant wait to see pics dude...

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

These seats are simply amazingly comfortable. I went for a good long drive today and I have found them to be a massive improvement over the UK V6-24 electric leather seats, which in turn were a massive improvement over the stock PFL VR4 Type S seats.

First few pics are of Gowf fabricating the original planned mild steel frame. We managed to get one (kind of) ready for fitting, but it wasnt perfect as the mounting would have been very awkward and tight. Plus it took much longer than anticipated and after 6 hours we gave up and I planned to continue the following day.

The following day, I learned that I cant weld

So I decided on using aluminium to fabricate the base. I figured that the original Audi seat rails are made of aluminium, so they must be strong enough to use the same material. I used some flat bar, angle bar and C bars and bolted a frame together. The pics show the underside of the passenger seat. There are a few support bits missing which I used to add some additional strength when actually fitting into the car.

The driver side seat was pretty much identical in shape except that I bolted the frame to the rails using two bolts instead of one.

Must point out that the mounting points in the car are NOT symmetrically opposites for the two seats. The mounting points are different for each seat and the height is also different for every bolt position

Another pic to show the difference between the Galant driver seat and the Audi driver seat. Both seats are in their lowest position with the back rest tilted at roughly the same angle.

Finally a few shots of the seats in place. They do sit a teeny bit higher than they should, but it cant be helped due to the location of the bolt holes.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Excellent work guys. If you can hide the fabrication they would almost look factory fitted!

Name
    John
    Last Online
    21-03-2017
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum

Congratulations Atik they look good, well worth the effort aren't they. When it warms up a bit I might do some "how to" photos in more detail so people have two methods of construction. I tried to send you a PM yesterday but I think my box was full. Did you get it??

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Definitely worth the effort. They need to be driven in to experience exactly how good they actually are. I suspect there may be a few more making similar mods this year. They can be worked around if you want.

I got a PM regarding the car audio kit. But, I need some further help with the wiring for the heaters in the seats. I'm still stuck on them. Any chance you can help me locate where each pin and wire is traced to (obviously when it gets little warmer).

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

They look great, Atik!

If you want rid of the standard front seats, please let me know how much!

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

My only concer Atik is the strenght of the Ally in the event of an acident

Kanji Automotive Solutions - Looking after your Pride and Joy

Servicing - Upgrades - Tuning - Pre Used Parts - Undersealing - Advice - Consultancy
    PM or Call me for any work requests or to discuss your requirements
    Ebay Shop -> http://stores.ebay.co.uk/sun-wizzard...=p4634.c0.m322

To contact the CVR4 Staff please see HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast