Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

WTB: URGENT ! Small coolant pipe to front turbo *** SORTED! ***

I've sprung a leak on another pipe and need to get it replaced ASAP.
    If anyone who's breaking a VR4 could get one to me ASAP I'd be very appreciative.

It sits under the top radiator pipe and runs between the thermostatat and one of the hard pipes going down to the front turbo. Probably only about 4-5" long and about 3/4" diameter. If I have the right one on the diagram CAPS lists it as part number MD341222.

In reality I could do with one in the post today so I can fit it at the weekend.

Thanks
    Lee
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Last Online
    07-10-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    black vr-4

lee can you get a pic of it if i have still got it you can have it mate will try to get it in the post today just cover postage cost but me being a bit thick cannot tell from the discription which one it is i even looked at my own engine and cannot be sure so a pic would be good
    carl

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Carl,

I did try to get a pic of it but because of where it is and a lack of flash on an iPhone you can't really see it. Will add the best shot in a moment but for now if you stand in front of the car and look down at the top radiator hose you will see the smaller pipe below and to the left. It looks a little like it's connected to the block below the front camshaft but it's actually a coolant run to the front turbo.
    I'm in work now so can't be much help with regard to more pictures, etc. Will see if I can find anything that shows it for you.

Thanks for your offer, I'm happy to pay any costs and it will be going via a UK address.

Regards
    Lee

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Just had a thought that may have paid off, nuster100 is stripping his car right now and this pic of his shows where the pipe meets the thermostat housing. Hopefully it will help you work out where to look.

It's the one that's still connected and has a small amount of limescale on the outside. You need to rotate the pic about 45degrees to the right for ot to be in the correct orientation.

On this pic it is to the right of the block and left of the spirawrapped cable.
    Last edited by Beastlee; 02-09-2009 at 01:48 PM.

Last Online
    07-10-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    black vr-4

the one right in the middle of the shot

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Yep the one right in the middle. You should be able to see one of those horrid clamps onthe end of it where it connects to the solid pipe fromt the turbo housing.

Last Online
    07-10-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    black vr-4

yes got it here dude le tme know the address to send it to how do you want it sending gaurnteed tomorrow

carl

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

To me, there *could* be some confusion here. And I'd like to see the correct pipe heading off to Lee!

I understand it is the pipe in the middle of the first picture, but on the second picture, it is the one right-of-centre, i.e. to the right of the front bank.

I only say this as there is a breather pipe in the centre of the second picture (between the front bank and inlet) which could be mistaken for the required pipe going by some of the above posts!

Hope that helps and doesn't muddle things further!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Last Online
    07-10-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    black vr-4

i have the one in the middle of the first pic off and good detective skills nev

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

That's the one Carl....at least I think it is, there's no others thsame size and length nearby.

Wil PM details, I never got a thread update e-mail GRRRRRR

Last Online
    07-10-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    black vr-4

just caught the post man so its on its way to ya dont stress on the postage as it was only pennys just hope its the right one lol
    carl

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Just provided some rep for a great save. Thanks Carl, if you ever need anything just holler.

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Lee, just to point out that in a crisis you could simply cap off both ends of this pipe without any catastrophic results: Turbo coolant isn't essential to their longevity, though I would reccomend minimising the amount of on-boost driving you do, and DEFINITELY let the car idle for a couple off minutes before you switch off the engine.

Last Online
    07-10-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    black vr-4

its no stress dude it was a pleasure
    carl

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Steve
    Lee, just to point out that in a crisis you could simply cap off both ends of this pipe without any catastrophic results: Turbo coolant isn't essential to their longevity, though I would reccomend minimising the amount of on-boost driving you do, and DEFINITELY let the car idle for a couple off minutes before you switch off the engine.
    Thanks for the info Steve, hopefully I won't have to resort to this. My main concern right now is the fact this is the third pipe that has gone like this, each time it's a pinhole, not a split or anything major. Unfortunately the car has suffered this since I bought it nearly 2 years ago but I keep replacing the pipes and it's fine for another 3-4 months before the next one appears. The car nning fine has been running fine throughout, especially given the mods and raised boost.

Was funny when I first opened the bonnet mind as it was like a fountain in Vegas spraying up and onto the front bank.

On a side note, due to the area we live I spend the last 5 minutes of my journey at 20mph max which I think helps the tubs settle even after a good bahn storm.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Should have updated this on Friday. Pipe turned up and after 20mins of fiddling the car was back up and running with no apparent problems. Thanks again Carl.

Turns out it was another split, as all the others, about 3mm long and lengthways in the pipe. Anyone got any ideas why they are all doing this?