Simon
    Last Online
    04-04-2014
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Airtrek Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    I seem to remember someone wanting to know if that BOV was plastic or metal - can you confirm that material it's constructed of please? Your Air Trek sounds cool. Must be pretty cool to drive!
    Evo 6.5 is the same as a plastic Evo 7 or 8 one.

The evo 8 MR and 9 MR are metal. I may upgrade to one of those later.

Yeah, Airtreks go well (when they don't have boost leaks).

Name
    David
    Last Online
    10-02-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Corvette
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    I see you've got one now Dave Are you going to post some pics and a story about where you bought it?
    will do as soon as i take delivery. i have paid the deposit for it. he is going to reg it tomorrow and i will pick it up tuesday after work

if you want to see it it is this one here -

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-264028672.htm

Name
    Simon
    Last Online
    04-04-2014
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Airtrek Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru ETA

if you want to see it it is this one here -

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-264028672.htm

Just looking at the engine bay pic, you need to put that extra clip in where the intake clips to the bonnet otherwise the intake will try and attach itself to the bonnet at about 4,000rpm

Name
    Simon
    Last Online
    04-04-2014
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Airtrek Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco Type-S View Post
    I put a Walbro 255Lph fuel pump in today, which fixed the fuelling issues I was having after reflashing my Airtrek. The old pump was pretty well worn.

I had to go back to the factory Map at the moment though as I have a massive boost leak or two. The major one is the BOV, which was causing major issues at the tuned levels as it was sending 10+ psi back to the intake and confusing the hell out of the MAF. I have an Evo 6.5 BOV on the way.

There may be another leak at the throttle body seals. Apparently these fail at about 80,000kms on Evo 7 and 8s and Airtreks.
    A bit of an update. I kind of got busy with other things, new job, wedding, renovating the house etc, so never really got anywhere with my car until recently.

Not long after this last post, the guy tuning my car fell ill and disappeared off the face of the planet (sadly, I believe he was diagnosed with cancer and died). So my car spent the last 2 years or so running a base tuning map and was under boosting, amongst other issues.

A few months ago I finally got it dyno tuned again. For some reason, the boost couldn't be set on the ECU so I installed a EBC with Hi and Low seetings. After tuning it was Dynoed at 161Kw at the wheels at 14.9 PSI (peak boost was 17 PSI) running 95 RON. I run the Low boost setting of 1.0 bar for around town driving.

I have since had the exhaust done 3" Dump pipe back. The ambient temp was 29 deg. when it went back on the dyno after doing the exhaust and I was getting massive heat soak on the interwarmer so the best power run we mananged was still 161Kw, although at lower boost. Desptie the dyno results, it definitely has more power and torque across the rev range since getting the exhaust done, but until I can get a clean run on the dyno, I can only guess how much. Extra bottom end torque is very noticable.

They are weird looking dyno graphs with peak torque at 2500rpm falling slowly right to redline.

I have a set of 560cc injectors to go in (factory are 450cc) and a 19T turbo compressor and I will finally do the FMIC intercooler conversion I planned a couple of years ago. The 19T compressor will flow quite a bit more air and is far more efficient than the stock 15T, so I would expect some decent gains in peak power and torque throughout the the rev range, once I finally get round to installing it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456