Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: aluminium radiator group buy????

Name
    Alistair
    Last Online
    24-03-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1996 Legnum VR4

Ok as it stands we need 3 more people to buy a radiator to get them down to this price or it is gonna have to go up slightly

Name
    Wynn
    Last Online
    08-04-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR-4 (x2)

Define "slightly"..............

Quote Originally Posted by taupodrifta
    Ok as it stands we need 3 more people to buy a radiator to get them down to this price or it is gonna have to go up slightly
    If these go up much more then it will be worth asking 'Michael Auto Parts' in Aussie what they can do for us on a smallish group buy maybe.........

Going by the list price on their site and using his currency conversion calculator, without shipping they are $336.60 NZD each. But we need to find out the shipping cost, cause that will make or break this...........

So if the shipping cost is reasonable and is spread across all those who order and Michael's gives us a half decent 'group buy price' then maybe worth going that way rather than getting them from half way across the planet from Japan............

What do you think?..........

Just a thought................

Name
    Alistair
    Last Online
    24-03-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1996 Legnum VR4

they will only go up to $405. I am getting these direct from Michael Auto Parts supplier. So once they put mark up on we will be paying more.

Name
    Wynn
    Last Online
    08-04-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR-4 (x2)

OK, so where does that leave us...................

Are you now after expressions of interest at the $405 cost then?

How many were interested last time you asked?

I agree about the mark-up but have to say their mark up can't be much if Michael Auto Parts do them for $336 NZD as that leaves $70 for shipping to match your price.............

And $70 would seem to be enough to bring over a single radiator I would have thought............

So in light of the above and as I said before, is it worth a asking Michaels what they can do for us?

If not, what now.............

they will only go up to $405. I am getting these direct from Michael Auto Parts supplier. So once they put mark up on we will be paying more.

Name
    Alistair
    Last Online
    24-03-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1996 Legnum VR4

you are more than welcome to ask them if you want I am not forcing anyony to buy anything I just need to make the prices clear for the amount we were trying to buy as I don't want to promise everyone a price, we don't hit the amount we need to get them at that price then I have to top them all up. So feel free to ask Michael auto parts I was only trying to help everyone out. Sorry

Name
    Harley
    Last Online
    29-07-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Leggy

Dont sorry dude i appreciate the effort you went to.
    VR4! It's the new black

Name
    Daniel
    Last Online
    15-03-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    8G VR4 + Colt

I think if there was a thread of people who are definitely interested then you would be able to do the pricing more accurately - and it would also give a deadline for interested parties to get the cash together for the buy.

At the moment this thread seems to have turned into more like a question of who might be interested in a group buy, not a definite 'yes I will get one in a group buy' thread.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, maybe put up in a new group buy thread the different quotes for the intercooler sets and radiators? (eg. 5, 10, 15+ being bought)

Name
    Wynn
    Last Online
    08-04-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR-4 (x2)

Hey dude, no criticism meant and your efforts to get this off the ground is appreciated too...........................

you are more than welcome to ask them if you want I am not forcing anyony to buy anything I just need to make the prices clear for the amount we were trying to buy as I don't want to promise everyone a price, we don't hit the amount we need to get them at that price then I have to top them all up. So feel free to ask Michael auto parts I was only trying to help everyone out. Sorry
    So I'm doing as suggested and have contacted Michael's to see what they have to offer.

So far they have confirmed their web site pricing and a willingness to ship internationally, though haven't confirmed shipping costs to NZ yet.

They also say there are two versions of the radiator, one for manual and also for autos, though the auto is more expensive understandably............

So now I will ask for 'group buy' pricing but first, how many people did we get confirming interest through this thread...............

Do you think we can get 5 people wanting these? Will ask for pricing for 5 and 10 units just to see what they say.............. Will keep people posted on what they come back with............ watch this space...........

Name
    Alistair
    Last Online
    24-03-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1996 Legnum VR4

I originally had 6 people showing interest and so far have had 3 people confirm radiators and 1 intercooler and piping kit

Name
    Harley
    Last Online
    29-07-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Leggy

Yeah im definate on a radiator, if no one else is interested in the Piping & intercooler dont worry im sure itll come up again or i can get one over here or somfin

Name
    Daniel
    Last Online
    15-03-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    8G VR4 + Colt

I am interested in the intercooler kit, but it depends on how much shipping will be (and if I can get the money together at the time)

'96 Legnum VR-4 in Sophia White, car mods:
    600x300x76 Intercooler, genuine HKS SSQV BOV, 17" DTM Demon wheels, 3" catback RPS Evo 4-6.5 exhaust with no cat, 3" post-IC hard pipe kit, 7203 ECU
    Coming up: TD04's.

ICE: Fully tweaked CarPC with active crossover through the PC
    JBL - SoundMagus - Vifa - Focal - JL Audio

Name
    Alistair
    Last Online
    24-03-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1996 Legnum VR4

I can still do the intercooler kits as when I put the pricing on here it was if we only brought 1 kit. so will get a price for shipping them and get back to you

Name
    Harley
    Last Online
    29-07-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Leggy

Sweet dude

Name
    Alistair
    Last Online
    24-03-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1996 Legnum VR4

intercooler kit including shipping to NZ will be $500 as I am aware thats alot to ship it let me know if your not interested. If more people are interested in the intercooler kits I will try bargain the price down. SO far I have interest for 2 so if maybe 2 more he might budge on the pricing slightly

Name
    Harley
    Last Online
    29-07-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Leggy

wee bit high for me at the mo but if the price comes down let me know. but thanks dude

Name
    Daniel
    Last Online
    15-03-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    8G VR4 + Colt

Wow, that's $200 for shipping, seems a bit excessive... would almost be cheaper to go for this kit and try to get a group buy on it:

http://www.luxurysports.co.nz/produc...4&ProductId=55

Kudos to you for finding the kit though

Name
    Alistair
    Last Online
    24-03-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1996 Legnum VR4

I agree thats nearly the same price for the kit as for postage so I don't blame you if you don't want one trust me I wont be geeting one now I know the price for shipping

Name
    Wynn
    Last Online
    08-04-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR-4 (x2)

Seems to be a common problem............ shipping prices.............

Been talking with Michael's Auto Parts and they have offered some discounts for multiple orders BUT.............. and here we go again............ shipping is the killer...........

The shipping puts the total cost beyond the best price we've seen posted here so far.....

We are looking at $120 AUD shipping for a single radiator to NZ. I'm waiting to here how that might change if we are shipping more than one at a time, but I don't expect it to be all that much cheaper per radiator though. Time will tell................

I agree thats nearly the same price for the kit as for postage so I don't blame you if you don't want one trust me I wont be getting one now I know the price for shipping
    Are any of you guys who've expressed interest in the radiators from Auckland? The link posted to "Luxurysports" actually might be helpful. They have a radiator page on there site but no prices though. And no e-mail address so I can't easily get in touch with them.

They say "With our buying power, we buy bulk directly from manufactures in Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and China and ship directly to our customers around NZ, cutting out the middle man and retail overheads to keep our prices low."

So we need someone local to them in Auckland to either ring or go see them and ask if they will get the Golpher radiators in for us and what price they might be..........

So that's about the best I can do for now.............

Name
    Daniel
    Last Online
    15-03-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    8G VR4 + Colt

Would you like me to give them a call now? They're just down the road from mine and Brad's work.

Name
    Daniel
    Last Online
    15-03-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    8G VR4 + Colt

By the way, page for the Evo 4-6 radiators...

http://www.luxurysports.co.nz/produc...6&ProductId=81

$299 each.

EDIT: just spoke to LuxurySports, they think they will fit but would need to check it out... they have just sold out of them at the moment though.
    Radiators are triple core, not branded but apparently the manufacturer is the OEM for Greddy etc.
    Last edited by wintertidenz; 08-10-2009 at 03:58 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast