Nick
    Last Online
    29-11-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Trigger VR4 Leg

Coolant leak - grrrr!

Went to a wedding today, and nipped back to get something from the car. Looked moist under the front, and dry everywhere else. Quick dab of the finger. The sweet tang on coolant. Arse an bugger. Something to diagnose next week.....

Level seems fine in the rad, but dropped low in the header tank.
    Believed to be the only PFL Legnum parked on my drive unless you know otherwise.
    : Hardwired Walbro 255 : FSE FPR : Denso IK22s : 600x300x100 FMIC : 3" Fujitsubo exhaust : 3" decat : K&N Panel : R-Spec dump valve : Cusco ARBs : Braided Brake Lines :
    : Momo Steering Wheel : Tein Coilovers : Evo 8 SAYC : 17" J9 Advans : Phormula KS-4 : TurboSmart EBC : 19PSI : Full suite of Stri X-Line gauges : LC-1 Wideband : Asus Eee 4g running EvoScan :

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

hmm.....it could just be finding it's level now that you've reconnected the tank. Whereabouts under the car was it?

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    29-11-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Trigger VR4 Leg

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Steve
    hmm.....it could just be finding it's level now that you've reconnected the tank. Whereabouts under the car was it?
    Weirdly like an even spread across the front axle. That said, it's probably sprayed onto something and then runn across the subframe.

At least I can see it's going somewhere, so probably a hose or something external, rather than disappearing into a cylinder!

Name
    Kev
    Last Online
    21-09-2017
    Country
    England
    Car
    Legnum VR4

mine occasionally vomits half the header tank when standing after a hard run and as it drops on the undertray spreads a bit but i am getting quite used to it really but it did make me think maybe the water pump had let go first time it did it.

Kev