Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Greetin's from East Mids!

Last Online
    15-10-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom

Greetin's from East Mids!

Okay so I'll start by confessing that I don't ACTUALLY own a Mitsubishi, but I'm looking to hopefully before christmas, and been told that this is the place to be

Currently rockin' a '99 Civic with lots of mods, but standard engine for economy lol. But, I've had it coming up a 4th year now and FWD is getting really old really fast lol.

Looking to swap up for a saloon Galant, which is what I've been looking at, preferrably the 99 - 01 model, possibly VR4, depending on how much I'll have to cough out on insurance lol.

So yeah, that about wraps up my intro, anything I missed?

Not sure about Legnums, prefer the look of the Galant tbh, any info I can get on the insurance group & tax bracket of a Galant VR4 pref 2000 year ish model would be lovely

Ta peeps!

<3 x
    Last edited by FireflyPoi; 15-10-2009 at 06:41 AM.

Last Online
    14-07-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant, VR4 & BONGO!

welcome in hun
    iv told you all i know and the others here will fill you in

Last Online
    15-10-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom

Cheers chick! And ta for the welcome

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

VR4 in estate or saloon is group 20 so budget accordingly. Your 'standard engine for economy' is also going to come as a shock as these cars are not shy about guzzling your money. Expect 15-20 mpg from V-Power unleaded. Expect service intervals every 4500 miles. Expect expensive repair bills should you need any.

I'm not trying to put you off, but simply saying, be ready.

But all in all, they are fantastic machines and would recommend them all day everyday. Oh, and welcome. Where about in East Mids? Ther may be fellow club owners on your doorstep who would be happy to show you round their cars.

And a final bit of advice... buy the right VR4... and by that, I mean the one with the proper boot! You'll regret it later
    1997 Mitsubishi RVR HSGR : 2.0 4G63T, 4 seats and the seating position from a truck
    2009 Ford Mondeo : 2.2TDCi, 4 wheels, some plastics, some metal and some seats
    Former owner of The Mongrel (RIP 2011) and The Rednum (RIP 2014)

Last Online
    14-07-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant, VR4 & BONGO!

pmsl @ atik's "propper boot!"

15 to 20mpg? damn atik! were getting 25 maybe more from ours!

Last Online
    15-10-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom

Hahaha, I know theyre gonna be expensive, and being group 20 I think I'll pass on the VR4 til im 25 with another 3 years no claims and just go with the plain'ol SOHC instead lol, can always VR4 it later as a DIY project if i get bored one day lol.

I'm in Derbyshire in the East Mids, so yeah, howdy!

Last Online
    14-07-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant, VR4 & BONGO!

vr4 the v6, lol *coff* you have seen my thread

yeah get a v6 for now hun, then when the time is right an if you feel ready for a vr then upgrade.
    tbh the v6 has a much nicer engine roar with the right filter on, then a vr4 has.

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Nice looking Civic!

Worth trying Sky Insurance (one of our approved traders), Lifesure or Adrian Flux for insurance quotes. I found the difference in moving up to the VR-4 from the V6 wasn't that massive. Whilst the VR-4 IS a group 20 car, it is a relatively unknown group 20 car, so appears to attract lower premiums than other group 20 cars. Something which is certainly more noticeable in your 20s, if you've ever tried to get a quote on an Impreza!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Last Online
    14-07-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant, VR4 & BONGO!

^^^ what he said.

we have 3 sodding cars in this household (not my choice)
    and we pay around 600pa on each.
    not bad considering we are both 25 and 26.

Last Online
    15-10-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by elnevio

Nice looking Civic!

Worth trying Sky Insurance (one of our approved traders), Lifesure or Adrian Flux for insurance quotes. I found the difference in moving up to the VR-4 from the V6 wasn't that massive. Whilst the VR-4 IS a group 20 car, it is a relatively unknown group 20 car, so appears to attract lower premiums than other group 20 cars. Something which is certainly more noticeable in your 20s, if you've ever tried to get a quote on an Impreza!

Cheers! Spent a fook load on it so far as ya may tell by the list lols, and doesnt do bad for bog standard 1.6 non vtec, 17.6995 @ 77.75mph (full of camping ****, 2 subs and the full size spare might i add, and my fat ass lol)

I was planning on going with Sky anyway, I currently pay £440 F/C for the Civic (being that high because i had a write off in 2006, stoopid clio never saw it coming lol) and my quote from Lloyds TSB for the Galant Sport is £689.90 F/C which aint too bad if ya ask me, no doubt Sky will probly do it for £550 ish

Tried hunting confused for the VR4 and the only one it knows is the 2001 Galant VR4 "RallyArt" edition, and think i nearly s~~t myself when my quote was about £2700, I can insure a GTO for an extra 500 lol and thats sayin something!!!!

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Yep, 15-20 mpg is about the going rate here for normal day to day driving. On long sustained trips, yes, you can get 25+ mpg but thats not a fair assessment of what you get 'normally' from a VR4. I can go on about my 27-30 mpg average as I always drive practically. Plus being that mine is manual I have more control over the way the car drives so I guess that helps.

As for the V6, you should get significantly better economy, but then if you are worried about economy, the V6 or the VR4 is not for you.

A Galant sport would do you well, while looking the business and providing plenty of kit in the car too.

Last Online
    15-10-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom

I like the look of the Sport model, would want an 01 or 00 model, as I like the bodykit and general shape of them, preferrably in white, or black with gangsta windows XD lol

What do you mean 'look' the business? My civic 'looks' the business but it 'aint, the Galant is still a 2.5 litre V6, VR4 or not lol!!

And dont worry, I couldnt give a toss on economy, my civic does 39mpg, unless its me driving it in which case it does about 25 - 30 lol, as half the time on the motorway I forget to come out of 4th then wonder why the car feels much pokier than usual lol

Can't tell I'm a natural blonde XD

Last Online
    14-07-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant, VR4 & BONGO!

lol, they are both V6's hun, unless u get the GDI?! GLS?! then u down grade to the 4 pot..... *shudders* LOL
    i can get a happy mid 30's outta mine, the best we have had is 39.4 or something like that! the worst we have had is 21

its a chavic..... what more can we say?

Last Online
    15-10-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom

So whats the best NON-VR4 Galant to go for then? The sport model? Surely GDI would be diesel? No tractor for me please

SCREW YOU!! It's quicker than people give it credit for and a bloody nice drive despite sitting on the floor. Can do 140mph as well!

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    04-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS

great car the Civic. reliable as anything else on the road.

Good luck in your hunt for the right car .

Mike
    Still here somewhere........

Last Online
    14-07-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant, VR4 & BONGO!

Quote Originally Posted by FireflyPoi
    So whats the best NON-VR4 Galant to go for then? The sport model? Surely GDI would be diesel? No tractor for me please

SCREW YOU!! It's quicker than people give it credit for and a bloody nice drive despite sitting on the floor. Can do 140mph as well!
    nurishment not punishment hun
    and is that due to tom kev an barry sat in the back to make it that low?

ooh you gotta love me really

Last Online
    15-10-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by miller
    great car the Civic. reliable as anything else on the road.

Good luck in your hunt for the right car .

Mike
    Awww cheers! Glad somebody appreciates it lol, it's amazin how much 'subtle' body mods cost so much more than outrageous chavtastic ones, bloody OEM parts, should have just gone JDM instead and saved half the cost lol.

But cheers Lovs mitsu's for years now, loved all the evo's apart from the ones after the evo 8, should have stopped messing with it, and wtf is with the evo X looking like some kids have got a hacksaw and cut a square off the front?? Its not even C/F its just black plastic...

Last Online
    15-10-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by mesobitchy
    nurishment not punishment hun
    and is that due to tom kev an barry sat in the back to make it that low?

ooh you gotta love me really
    Pffff, you know it looks cool

Last Online
    14-07-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant, VR4 & BONGO!

Awww cheers! Glad somebody appreciates it lol, it's amazin how much 'subtle' body mods cost so much more than outrageous chavtastic ones, bloody OEM parts, should have just gone JDM instead and saved half the cost lol.

But cheers Lovs mitsu's for years now, loved all the evo's apart from the ones after the evo 8, should have stopped messing with it, and wtf is with the evo X looking like some kids have got a hacksaw and cut a square off the front?? Its not even C/F its just black plastic...
    look again at the front, an it some what resembles the galant

Last Online
    14-07-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant, VR4 & BONGO!

Pffff, you know it looks cool

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast