Name
    keith ian wood
    Last Online
    28-09-2017
    Country
    England
    Car
    2.0 Galant Spor

Now their could be a Silver 2.0 sport for sale as some one does want to get a VR4.

Last Online
    15-10-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by steelie600
    Oh side note the day a standard 1.6 civic will do a real 140 will never arrive!! My leggie will do a gps verified 152 btw!!
    LOL, never tell somebody else you never met what their car you've never seen can do I don't judge speed by speedo's as speedo's are wrong, I go by the gps, only the engine is still standard, doesn't mean the rest of it is.

Quote Originally Posted by White Lightning
    So, what you are basically saying is that the Galant is a better looking car than the Legnum ... sounds about right to me

Hahahaha, yeah thats basically what I'm saying, sounds about right to me too! lol, out of all the estates I like the R34 Stagea, out of everything I've seen on here, I like the Galant

Also come to the conclusion that I'm now more likely to get a VR4 than anything else, seeing as everyone mentioning it's a 2.5 litre V6 gave me the misguides conception that it would be RWD, but silly me another modern car been made the wrong way round lol, Who puts a V6 in a FWD? Come on, make it properly!!

Last Online
    14-07-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant, VR4 & BONGO!

mazda do
    mitsi do

andim sure a few others do as well

Last Online
    15-10-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom

LOL!!! It's still all wrong!!! Any engine thats a V should be RWD or AWD, not FWD/AWD when you buy them! You can tell men make FWD as all FWD cars have the shaft stuck in the wrong place. ¬_¬

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by FireflyPoi
    You can tell men make FWD
    Close - but I think you'll find it's MARKETING men - i.e. they extol the virtues of FWD, mainly the better mpg and emissions figures. Plus the cars are cheaper to make. For the mundane everyday Joe Public driver, 4WD or RWD has no benefits whatsoever, whereas the FWD has the better economy. Which sells cars!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Last Online
    15-10-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom

.....silence!!

Name
    Kev
    Last Online
    06-05-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    1999 v6 galant

Quote Originally Posted by mesobitchy
    mazda do
    mitsi do

andim sure a few others do as well

Mondeo 2.5 v6
    vectra 2.5 v6
    saab v6 is transverse iirc
    pretty sure honda did one
    vw on the vr6 series and the r32 may be transverse aswell
    skaoda superb v6
    need i carry on, youll find in this day and age that there are more and more transverse engines to maximise the cabin capacity.

And btw Iam willing to call your bluff on the 140mph tale as my 150 odd was gps verified my speedo was over 160, i think we should pace you on a testtrack beginning with an "m"
    Kev Davies (Village Idiot)

1999 Galant estate Purple Grey

WITH
    White engine bay
    K+N
    Rimstock wheels with hedge seeker tyres
    Lowered on Spax springs and VR-4 shocks
    VR-4 Subframes and roll bars and Chassis brace
    fail lift front bumper
    vr-4 skirts
    AND NO FECKING POWAH

AND I STILL MISS MY SUPER

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

.....silence!!

Last Online
    15-10-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom

Mondeo 2.5 v6
    vectra 2.5 v6
    saab v6 is transverse iirc
    pretty sure honda did one
    vw on the vr6 series and the r32 may be transverse aswell
    skaoda superb v6
    need i carry on, youll find in this day and age that there are more and more transverse engines to maximise the cabin capacity.

And btw Iam willing to call your bluff on the 140mph tale as my 150 odd was gps verified my speedo was over 160, i think we should pace you on a testtrack beginning with an "m"
    I just don't understand why, it's such a waste!!! Why put a big 2.5l v6 in a FWD car, nobody wants a 2.5l v6 if they want economy, which is apparently what fwd are for, so why make a big fwd v6, gah it's such a waste of a good thing!!

Name
    Kev
    Last Online
    06-05-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    1999 v6 galant

I just don't understand why, it's such a waste!!! Why put a big 2.5l v6 in a FWD car, nobody wants a 2.5l v6 if they want economy, which is apparently what fwd are for, so why make a big fwd v6, gah it's such a waste of a good thing!!

youll find in this day and age that there are more and more transverse engines to maximise the cabin capacity.

Already answered that!!

Last Online
    15-10-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom

Doesn't stop it being a waste of a nice lovely V6!!! Could be so much more of an amazing car if they'd just spent that little bit more and made it RWD

Name
    Kev
    Last Online
    06-05-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    1999 v6 galant

A mondeo will never be amazing!!! not even the st220 theyre ****e too!!

Last Online
    15-10-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom

A mondeo will never be amazing!!! not even the st220 theyre ****e too!!
    I never said the mondeo, ford suck, I hate ford since mine died on me years ago and never touched one since lol, i was on about the V6 Galant

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Uhhhhm......in that case why make petrol cars at all? They should all be diesel!

And by the same token, why waste money on VTEC, or RWD, or indeed any kind of fast car if you haven't spent a fortune learning to drive it fast first?

Anyway, all that aside....

Welcome to CVR4. Impressively, you've managed to put a few noses out of joint already, a feat that I think even our resident troll would admire.
    So you're probably not getting the warmest of welcomes.

That aside, there are plenty of perfectly nice handling, economical V6 FWDs out there. Transverse = more cabin space, and is simply better for FWD as there are less transmission losses, mechanical bits and weight.

When you chose a car, you chose the package that suits you: indeed that's why manufacturers don't simply make two models and have done with it.

Packaging (the design aspect which meets practicality, performance, and budget) and marketing (tailoring the packaging to meet a specific market / demographic) are extremely difficult jobs, and well paid as they generally make the company a lot of money. Companies don't like risk, so the packaging / marketing hybrid is key to them. Advertising then go on to find was to sell the product to that target market (and ususally a few others!).

I'd suggest it's extremely silly to look down on any car you haven't driven.
    The auto's on the VR4s are simply amazing considering the age of the car. It's not DSG, but it's probably about as close as it gets for the money.

Alfa Romeos have been proving that V6 FWD can work for years. If you want a supercar, you'd best save up and buy one.

There's no such car as a Stagea R34. If you want one, get saving, as it's going to set you back around £15k....and that's not including the car.
    There's a Stagea RS4, which is available for similar prices to the VR4, but uses the Skyline R33 engine and drivetrain, and as such is emminently tuneable.

The VR4 Galant is an awesome car, but if you're looking for a manual saloon with blistering cross country pace, performance, wow looks and good modifying potential, you should perhaps be considering an Evo. You don't get the V6, but you can get a hell of a lot more power for a lot less money: it seems it may also suit your car snobbery to drive a legend, rather than the relatively unknown VR4.

Even a standard Evo is pushing it to get to a genuine 140mph. Are you sure your Honda is THAT fast? An S2000 is. An Accord Type R will stop 2mph shy of it. Maybe a Teg R? 140mph is pretty stiff territory.

I'd be interested to know what mods yours was running to achieve that kind of performance....I could reccomend them to my Honda friends!

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    04-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS

Poetry in motion!
    Still here somewhere........

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Most Evo's are geared to achived 168mph @ 7250 rpm with the exception of the RS models or the GTA .

what version of the car is it and wheel size - with that information you can work out the max possible speed for the car and as other have said I would be very suprised if the 140 mph wasn't just an INTERNET 140mph !!!!

Kanji Automotive Solutions - Looking after your Pride and Joy

Servicing - Upgrades - Tuning - Pre Used Parts - Undersealing - Advice - Consultancy
    PM or Call me for any work requests or to discuss your requirements
    Ebay Shop -> http://stores.ebay.co.uk/sun-wizzard...=p4634.c0.m322

To contact the CVR4 Staff please see HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

Name
    Kev
    Last Online
    06-05-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    1999 v6 galant

Guys just re read her/his/its first post and the engine is a standard 1.6 sohc non vtec and the wheels look like 15's bit they could be 16's, both have the same effect of making the rear DRUMS look tiny, dear god its just come to me in a flash our rear discs are bigger than the chavvics front ones.....

Oh another flash of inspiratywatsit it must be the custom one off high backpressure exhaust that makes it go 140mph, so by that token if we fit one to a vr4 it should do 200 out of the box!!!

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Knowledgeable_John
    Most Evo's are geared to achived 168mph @ 7250 rpm with the exception of the RS models or the GTA
    I didn't know that. Mind you, a non-FQ evo must take aaaaaages to get there!
    All the ones I've driven (admittedly all Evo5 or older) at that sort of speed seem to start running out of puff in the 130s somewhere. Drag overcoming power, possibly?

Last Online
    15-10-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom

Guys just re read her/his/its first post and the engine is a standard 1.6 sohc non vtec and the wheels look like 15's bit they could be 16's, both have the same effect of making the rear DRUMS look tiny, dear god its just come to me in a flash our rear discs are bigger than the chavvics front ones.....

Oh another flash of inspiratywatsit it must be the custom one off high backpressure exhaust that makes it go 140mph, so by that token if we fit one to a vr4 it should do 200 out of the box!!!
    Wow so glad I joined, just to have my car bashed and bitched at for a difference of interest, you're all such an amazing lot

Thanks to those of you who actually gave a warm welcome, and to the rest of you best of luck keeping members, as your attitudes just lost you this one and a buyer for one of your VR4's.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1281129.htm

I'd have that over a Legnum any day

Enjoy your lives! ^_~

Name
    Gareth
    Last Online
    27-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    Legnum VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

This is quite interesting. I do not know why you would introduce yourself with such attitude. However, all things aside, i would have to re-read, but correct me if im wrong, but it was never actually said that the civic did 140mph, just that you shouldnt comment on a car's performance if you dont know the car. Valid point, so i dont know why the 140mph is an issue. We all know that a stock 1.6civic. Now, you may say its not stock until the cow's come home, but you do not have the power to achieve 140mph:fact. Drag is a function of V squared, so once your speed starts increasing, the drag increases dramatically, and you just dont have the torque/power to push through it.

Lastly, saying that youve come on here and people have just abused your car over a difference of interest. Isnt that exactly what you have done, saying 'why would i want a legnum/auto/v6? effectively defaming all these cars (which is what most people on here have and love, and is their purpose for being here) and offending some people.

It just isnt the way to be get people to like or help you with anything.

This is why i am so sad that the price of a VR4 has become so low, as I DO NOT want this to turn into the likes of Scoobynet or the skyline register. It is truly a sad day

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast