Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Welcome to Chavs Ville home of the Brave and unwashed

Kanji Automotive Solutions - Looking after your Pride and Joy

Servicing - Upgrades - Tuning - Pre Used Parts - Undersealing - Advice - Consultancy
    PM or Call me for any work requests or to discuss your requirements
    Ebay Shop -> http://stores.ebay.co.uk/sun-wizzard...=p4634.c0.m322

To contact the CVR4 Staff please see HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    04-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS

Sadly the low price of our cars is attracting exactly this kind of attitude. An attitude that the world owes them a living.

Oh please do go spend £10k on that. Fair play to ya.

Cheerio
    Still here somewhere........

Name
    Gareth
    Last Online
    27-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    Legnum VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

It just really grates at my nerves, I just do not understand the attitude, there is no need for it, ok you may think your getting a hard time, but come on be realistic this is a GP20 car, not a nonvtec civic, dont imply its greatness when its simply not in the same league, amd get offended when your shot down.

I used to nearly be the youngest member on here with a VR4, 24/25, and I knew how to behave, but then i had just had a decent s14 and an audi s6, oh and my first car was a mk1 golf gti. Not that its a competition, but ive never had any sort of attitude like that, i just really dont understand it.

Gowf now steps down from his soapbox

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

I'm sorry to hear (well, read) this and that you feel the attitudes of the some of the members have pushed you away from a VR-4.

Now, looking at this objectively, you've come on here, said "hello", got some "hello"s and "nice car"s in return, then seemingly (even if unintentional) slated the Legnum (on a site where at least half of the members own one!), presumably without having test-driven one, and wonder why you've got the odd bit of banter fired back at you!

Speaking of which - this has all been banter, as far as I can see. You also made, on the face of it, a pretty outlandish claim of a GPS-verified 140mph in a virtually-standard 1.6 SOHC Civic. Rather than provide empirical evidence to the doubters, you went all defensive, turned and had a go at the enquirers instead. All that can ensue thereafter is playground bickering, until everyone goes home, has a sleep, and forgets all about it.

Finally, you've made a parting shot that just makes it look like you've chucked your toys out of the pram - and it's not a nice look. I don't want to seem like I am having a pop myself, and I would reiterate that this is an objective view of this thread, but it seems to me that you're a friendly and intelligent person, who has unintentionally stepped out of their comfort zone. Some of the posters on here have spotted that you like a little bit of banter, have taken up the challenge, at which you've not liked what's come back, so turned on your heels and legged it.

Objective viewpoint put aside now:

You're more than welcome here any time. This club is not purely an owners club. There are many users who are former owners, or are just interested! But they mainly hang around because of the friendlier-than-most atmosphere here!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    04-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS

Nev, a voice of reason amongst the rabble! Your earning your name in highlights!

Last Online
    14-07-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant, VR4 & BONGO!

after reading, the rest of what has been put since my last post.
    now, your civic, im not doubting the 140, simply because people said, including the book, that my 1.8GT, pre cat engined car was simplay not in anyway likely to go above the 120/125mph zone. i clocked on GPS 135/140)
    it did, all i had was an induction kit (cone filter). yes i am putting my hands up for doing outlandish speeds out there on the road, but at the time i did not care, i needed to get to the hospital. so im not doubting your civic.
    also a few members on here do like the look of the galoon over the legnum,
    some members do like the VR4 over the V6.
    its personal choice.
    me i like the estate over the saloon and the V6 over the VR4.
    and yes we all banter here saying "my car is better then yours"
    its the way of the club.

now my final point is a very serious one and i think it needs to be highly considered.
    car slating/slagging off.
    if you wish to do just this, bugger off to barry boys or someplace like it.
    we are all here for the intrest of the car, owership of one in the line of the many forms of the car.
    i think maybe a forum wide rule needs to be put in place about the slating of the cars.
    and i dont just mean our cars, i mean all cars.
    simply because you wont like to see your car being ripped apart on another forum now, would you?
    just because someones car is not to our taste or liking dose not give the right to slag it off.
    yes by all means have a banter about it, but there is a line that need not be crossed.

my 2 pence worth

Last Online
    26-01-2017
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant VR4

Quote Originally Posted by FireflyPoi
    Wow so glad I joined, just to have my car bashed and bitched at for a difference of interest, you're all such an amazing lot

Thanks to those of you who actually gave a warm welcome, and to the rest of you best of luck keeping members, as your attitudes just lost you this one and a buyer for one of your VR4's.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1281129.htm

I'd have that over a Legnum any day

Enjoy your lives! ^_~
    Not sure that is in your budget!? ... fella, just because you get a personality clash with one member of a car forum it shouldn't put you off a whole breed of pedigree cars or all of its members ... we are here; all ages, sexes, types of driver and person because we ALL have a common feeling for a car breed. We don't all agree with each other, there will be fellow member’s opinions we don't like, we might even have formed an opinion about someone on here and feel we don't like them, we might not even have met them! Some of our members will never meet as we have members from all around the world but everyone one on here would do anything to help a member out, whether that be advice or a favour or a service and that’s what makes this club great ... that’s what you will be missing out on!

And finally … your car, you've been busy on her, she has taken hours of your loving attention and a stack load of your hard earned, so of course you are going to want to defend her ... but whatever she is; she will always be a car, something to get you from A to B, and not worth starting a war over or even raising your blood pressure over! As you know you will never get back the ££££’s you put in only the smiles and a few tears! Good luck with your car future and maybe, one day, when the Stagea hasn’t returned your hard earned with the level of satisfaction you would have hoped, the 8g will still be going and so will our Club, you might just be a little more mature and a touch wiser, and we will of course welcome you back.

Name
    Kev
    Last Online
    06-05-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    1999 v6 galant

Oh dear, has he/she/it thrown a wobbly??

DO NOT DISH OUT WHAT YOU CANT TAKE!!

I personally work with a snivvling little ginger weasel like that at work, he cant take it back either. None of the pops back were personal, but as said before by others, dont come onto the owners club website, slate over 50% of owners cars by saying some shonky datsun is better and not expect it back. And i still stand that your chavvic wont do 140mph, but thats MY opinion, like YOUR opinion that MY legnum is ugly
    Kev Davies (Village Idiot)

1999 Galant estate Purple Grey

WITH
    White engine bay
    K+N
    Rimstock wheels with hedge seeker tyres
    Lowered on Spax springs and VR-4 shocks
    VR-4 Subframes and roll bars and Chassis brace
    fail lift front bumper
    vr-4 skirts
    AND NO FECKING POWAH

AND I STILL MISS MY SUPER

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    11-07-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Mazda 6 MPS

Iv from Nottingham in east midlands. i own a galant v6 estate. its not the vr4 so has front wheel drive which can get annoying at times and no turbos. but if your used to a 1.6 you will be very happy with the power of these. i often drive from notts to derby and on the long straight roads there not that bad on fuel to be honest. if you lower it and put nicer rims and other mods on like i have they make for a very nice looking car.

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    11-07-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Mazda 6 MPS

Without trying to make enemies... I did quite like the look of that nissan. Not seen them before!

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by sonicsoundzdj
    Without trying to make enemies... I did quite like the look of that nissan. Not seen them before!
    Won't make enemies here saying that. I quite like the Stagea, especially in R34-front look mode!

Name
    dave
    Last Online
    16-07-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr4 galant man

crikey just read this forum post...
    got to say glad the vr4 is a group 20 and with high running costs as it near enough puts off or they can't afford it...the scooby bozyy
    i used to like and still do the old subaru legcay turbo..the model that mcrae raced before they moved to the impreza
    when rallying was great and a mans sport..where as now its chav central following with knobs thinking they can drive like rally drivers on the road in their knackered impreza..

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

I had one of those legacies....the "turbo taxi" (mine was a saloon). It had a full WRX engine swap, bigger TD05 and blah blah blah on it. It was quicker than a lot of people were expecting......and understeered for england

Name
    dave
    Last Online
    16-07-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr4 galant man

haha sounds about right...still lots of fun i gather ?

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Oh yes I was 22...it was a complete barrel of laughs, and the cops loved it. Used to stop me to find out what had been done

Name
    Wizard
    Last Online
    22-04-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo IX Wagon GT

Wink

Quote from Wikipedia re; Stagea

There are 3 different versions of the Stagea, WC34 Series 1 (1996 to late 1998), WC34 Series 2 (late 1998 to 2001) and the M35 Series (2001 to 2007).

Anything that starts with W.C. sounds like it'll end up crap, to me !!
    " It's better to burn out than fade away . . . " the Kurgen

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Have to comment that there was an absoloutely mint R34 Stagea conversion on NewEra recently: went for just under £10k. It has some slightly unappealing bits (the exhaust was horrific) but other than that I have to confess I couldn't believe what good value for money it represented. Wondered what the fuel economy was like TBH

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234