Thread: ...so tell me about the elegance then?

Name
    Rees
    Last Online
    03-02-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    Honda Civic

...so tell me about the elegance then?

am on the look out for a black '02 if not a 03 plate black v6 galant elegance auto prefferably and low mileage <50k

just a quicke what they should have
    my list is as follows :
    obviously facelift with all f/l trimminngs
    climate control
    grey pearlescant console do they have carbon as standard ?
    cruise control ??? seen on some but not on all can anyone clear this up ??
    leather .

no what am asking is can anyone add to this or comment on the above for eg spoilers? or is that a sport thing ? but then again not all sports have spoilers so

also is the leather heated and do they all ( ie all facelift models) have the side airbags

feel free to clarify.....

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

After May 2000 all cars will have the grey centre console
    If I'm replying to your thread and helping you out, it is because I like you and want to help out your VR-4 ownership. No other reason

Name
    Philip
    Last Online
    23-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    03 Galant V6

There's a thread somewhere on here which I posted last year setting out what came standard and what were standard on the Elegance over the 2.0 Sport / Classic models, also the options. Try 'Elegance' in search and it should throw it up. :-)

Spoliers - all non-VR4s didn't have spoilers as standard. As options on the saloon there's the low-height spoiler and then the VR4 look-alike spoiler. It resembles the VR4 version but lacks a centre brake light built into the spoiler on the VR4. Keep in mind that this non-VR4 spoiler makes it hard then for those driving behind to see your third brake light clearly.

Climate control on the Elegance is standard, so too is the shiney grey console - much better IMHO than the carbon as it's more understated.

Leather is standard - leather that was 'exclusive' to the Sport / Elegance models. It's a harder but lovely to sit on leather. This is different to the puffy leather that came on the VR4s / earlier V6s. Look at my photos of my Elegance here to see what I mean - and the lovely stitching detail.

Heated seats were no longer available on Sport / Elegance models as the leather is different to the seats before.

Sunroof - only available on the early Sport models, with twin front lamps (not the VR4 style twin lamps).

Cruise control was always a dealer option, never standard. When I got my Elegance second hand from the Mitsubishi dealer, I optioned cruise control. Again, look at my photos in my gallery to see what the stalk is like. It's not the built in version found on the steering wheel on previous V6s. It's the after market Mitsubishi cruise model - it's made by an American firm. About a year a go there was a group buy on here for the units costing a couple of hundred pounds compared to the near £700 supplied and fitted by a dealer.

I also optioned rear parking sensors on mine when I got it from the dealer. Along with colour coded sensors, supplied and fitted, it was around £230.

Give me a shout if you have any other questions! :-)

Name
    Rees
    Last Online
    03-02-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    Honda Civic

no i think that clears it up tbc , cheers dude

Name
    Ritch
    Last Online
    17-09-2015
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    '03 Colt 16v &

Quote Originally Posted by HMG1K
    Leather is standard - leather that was 'exclusive' to the Sport / Elegance models.
    Sorry Phil - thats not 100% correct, Leather was an option on all Sport / Elegance (same car different badges) models from 2001. Only the last of the cars imported (late 2002 on) Mitsi UK speced up all the V6 cars to have leather as standard.

I have had 2 (or is it 3?) facelift V6 sport / Elegances a 2001 (51) and 2002 (02) being the ones I can clearly remember and they had black/blue fabric which is ok - but not as nice as leather.

Try to get a run out model like Phils and it should have leather!

Spoilers were an dealer fit option with 2 choices, a fairly low height spoiler or a VR4 type spoiler

edit: dyslexik spelling
    BMW E60 525i (3.0) M-Sport.

Name
    Tomasz
    Last Online
    21-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    ex-Galant VR4

Well, I thought that Sport Edition became Avance after facelift, and Elegance was previous GLS trim...

Name
    Philip
    Last Online
    23-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    03 Galant V6

Quote Originally Posted by swinks
    Well, I thought that Sport Edition became Avance after facelift, and Elegance was previous GLS trim...
    2.0 & 2.5 Sport became Classic

2.4 GDI became Equipe GDI

2.5 V6-24V became Elegance

The 2.4 GDI and 2.5 V6 were badged GDI and V6-24V respectively on the boot lid. The 2.0 had no rear badging, just the 3-diamonds. All had their trim level badges on the rear doors.

Quote Originally Posted by ritch_w
    Sorry Phil - thats not 100% correct, Leather was an option on all Sport / Elegance (same car different badges) models from 2001. Only the last of the cars imported (late 2002 on) Mitsi UK speced up all the V6 cars to have leather as standard.
    Thanks, rich! I was going by what I'd read in the brochures, but I stand corrected, thanks!