Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Exhausts and Bespoke Fabrication anyone?

Last Online
    24-06-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    SC400,300ZX,AlfaJTD

Custom Exhausts and Bespoke Fabrication anyone?

Hi Guys
    Just a quick line to let you know of an OUTSTANDING custom exhaust and bespoke fabrication service, in the Nottingham area.
    I’ve used this gent myself now on numerous Car and Motorcycle projects and conversions, and have had nothing but superb quality service, and at an excellent price, that makes buying a shelf item seem utter nonsense. He had been doing this relatively unknown work now for many years, and is currently building performance systems for the Audi R8, Lamborghini Murcielago and Gallardo, and some one off GP style pipes for the Big Bang 2009 Yamaha R1!
    I’ve had many custom built exhausts now, for Turbo applications, some big V8 stuff, and lots of Unique Motorcycle pipes, and more recently some one off intercooler pipes, and we are now designing some tubular A bar bits.
    Basicly, he can design and build anything, from manifolds, headers, roll cages, pipework, silencers, etc etc and uses only the best T304, High Grade Stainless Steels, Carbon Fibre, Titanium so on and so on.
    Contactable through my new infant venture for 2010, petrolheadparts, you can either ring me on 07875 749 472 or email me at shrew@petrolheadparts.co.uk . Please feel free to enquire for a quote for anything automotive, or for an appointment.
    As you would likely expect, we offer any club members a special rate on any product or work we do for you, so get that spring project paperwork out and get in touch.
    Thanks guys, all the best for the year ahead, and sorry if I have trod on any trader rules in posting this up, but i just wanted club members to know at first opportunity.
    Cheers
    Shrew
    He who dies with the most Toys, still dies...

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

There are some good trader packages available, at low cost. And it would potentially give you a lot more kudos with all of us members!

Click on the Traders forum in the UK area and have a look at the sticky which gives you a nice table of what you can get for how little money!

Seeing as most of your threads in the last year have been in the UK for sale area, it could well be worth it!

Name
    Paul
    Last Online
    19-08-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    F/L Manual legn

so how much for a set of these?

Last Online
    24-06-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    SC400,300ZX,AlfaJTD

Hi Guys

thanks Nick,i'll get on it.

PS - Do you have a set as a pattern, or would you want them building on the car?

shrew

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by shrew
    Hi Guys

PS - Do you have a set as a pattern, or would you want them building on the car?

shrew
    oooh so you have a robitic welding machine then as thats how the pipes that Paul up are made

Kanji Automotive Solutions - Looking after your Pride and Joy

Servicing - Upgrades - Tuning - Pre Used Parts - Undersealing - Advice - Consultancy
    PM or Call me for any work requests or to discuss your requirements
    Ebay Shop -> http://stores.ebay.co.uk/sun-wizzard...=p4634.c0.m322

To contact the CVR4 Staff please see HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

Name
    peter
    Last Online
    05-01-2022
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Jeep SRT8

Quote Originally Posted by shrew
    Hi Guys

shrew
    Not many of those pipes going about so I doubt there will be a set to make a pattern from

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    09-12-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    VR2,VR4+Mazda6

I'll need one those too for my VR2!!! If the price is good I'll have it!
    (the PS-Iida and RPW ones can't be fitted on VR2's because the back-turbo bend can't get enough clearance)

Last Online
    24-06-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    SC400,300ZX,AlfaJTD

Our version wouldn't be robot welded, you're quite right.

it would be hand made, and neater than that!! ;-)

seriously though, if someone wants to try us out, obviously you'd get a superb deal for being the guniea pig, but you will get a superb finished working product, and the whole club could benefit as a result.

any takers???

shrew

Name
    Paul
    Last Online
    19-08-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    F/L Manual legn

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter_John
    oooh so you have a robitic welding machine then as thats how the pipes that Paul up are made
    nah, hand made with skill and patience, i know a bloke that could do them in stainless or inconel for me, its time thats the issue

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    12-01-2024
    Membership ID
    NZ002
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Kia Sorento :P
    My Garage
    Visit

Mine look hand welded. The price for them suggests they are hand welded too.

Name
    Jeremy
    Last Online
    29-05-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    98 VR4 | 01 CF4

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth
    Mine look hand welded. The price for them suggests they are hand welded too.
    As per Ken's comment, the P.R.O.S pipe(the one shown) are hand-made... And are still available(I think), just cost a packet...

Name
    Alan
    Last Online
    24-06-2023
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    VR-4 Leg & R33

How about (as an idea, I'm not saying I would necessarily want one) a single DIN gauge holder that isn't plastic, attaches to the radio brackets securely and possibly with a choice of finishes. All I seem to be able to find is a generic plastic or carbon fiber effect three gauge holder.
    What if you just want one or two gauges as I do? I had to make mine myself out of expanding foam and a DIN pocket! One that was bespoke to our car's fittings and apperture size would have been fantastic when I needed one.
    You said he could make anything and, even if this is a crap idea, perhaps it may make one or two members think of something other than manifolds, etc. (or am I way off target here?)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last Online
    24-06-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    SC400,300ZX,AlfaJTD

Hi apeman

no not a bad idea at all, But, there are more options already than you've already found i think.

i've got a three guage pod myself, in my van actually, which houses 2 voltmeters to monitor the split charge and a boost guage for the hell of it because its remapped to 150bhp and just fun to watch in a 3500 weight van!

there are some pictures and videos of it that i posted on you tube for the guage retailers to help promote their plasma guages for them.

search for " Mcgill Motorsport Plasma Gauges Video " and you'll see what i got.

it was pretty cheap as i recall, and in satin black already, and it simply sprung in with tabs, but i managed to improve that with a couple of tiny screws in the very edges.

i don't like turning good ideas and work away, but the cost of a bespoke item compared to a universal fit would likely make it less popular than we'd like to think, this is afterall club vr4, not club crappy corsa eh!

I'll have a word with the fabricator anyway, and just see what he says, you never know.

would folk like it in stainless steel do you think? or something like brushed finish?

shrew

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Brushed-finish centre console in aluminium would be pure win!

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Steve
    Brushed-finish centre console in aluminium would be pure win!
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Last Online
    24-06-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    SC400,300ZX,AlfaJTD

Hmmm,

and convert to a single din slot whilst at it and use the blank space for 2 or 3 52mm guage ports?

and what about the ashtray? lose it?

biggest issue i think would be fixing in, as the original has awkward and fragile poppers doesn't it.

would folk be happy to uses a couple of small well placed button head screws, and what do you think folk would be prepared to pay for it?

shrew

Name
    Dom
    Last Online
    16-08-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    97 Legnum VR4 m

I don't know why that exhaust pic has so many joins in it. I just showed the pic to a guy who used to make f1/indy exhausts for march and reynard and he laughed. Looks like the pipe was made out of flat rolled rings instead of mandral bends. The F1 pipes he used to make are beautiful and the ultimate in free flowing constant curves with no where near as many joint in them as that. Don't get me wrong, the f1 pipes have a lot of bends in them especially the modern periscope pipes but that pic is silly. Done more for show than anything else and no more effective than a proper race pipe made by someone like good fabs. It may have been done like that so a machine could make it for production purposes.
    The only VR4 legnum that has my backside rut imprinted on the drivers seat.

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    09-12-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    VR2,VR4+Mazda6

I don't really care how it's made, as long as it can be made in that shape But I'm all for better the airflow ofcourse! Really intereseted to see what such a downpipe would cost.

Last Online
    24-06-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    SC400,300ZX,AlfaJTD

Hi Mark

yep i appreciate the interest, and i'd love to help too.

i know from owning my three previous vr4's that the downpipe is a much sought after article, but A - hard to get hold of, unless B - loaded !

i don't think there would be much problem making one, as per the pictured design, and with a fraction of the welds too.

my personal problem to the answer is lack of car currently to develop it from, so i need someone willing to be the guinea pig.

they would of course be rewarded by having a superb deal on the finished item, and of course the rep for having helped create a much demanded part for all fellow members too!

any takers?

shrew

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

Shrew cant you take a standard set of downpipes & make them better like the ones some of us got from RPW in the GB?
    The mighty Leedsnum has gone but the Airtrek mods will soon fill this space

How To:Contact Committee or Moderators.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast