Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

In fact, given the width of the transmission tunnel (is it that high / wide on the V6? I assume the chassis is identical?) you might want to get really ambitious and run seperate pipes from the manifolds to the rear.

Not only is this most likely to give you a performance increase, but it will sound AMAZING! Retain the down-pipe cats and ensure there is an "H" balance pipe (a small connecting pipe) after the downpipes with the post-cat lambda sensor in it (if your car has one). This is a true performance exhaust then, and the sound it will make will astound you! Think "V6 in stereo": the slight differences in pipe construction will make the banks sing in harmony like the vienna boys choir.
    Or JLS, whichever you prefer.

Last Online
    14-07-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant, VR4 & BONGO!

running two pipes, one from each bank did cross my mind and i have said about it before, but garry said something along the lines of it wont work for one reasion or another.
    and yes the chassis is the same, but the transmission tunnel is slightly different, in the vr you have a "hump" in the drivers foot well, you dont have that in the V6.

the exhaust is all still in the planning stages at the mo, and we are looking in to different desgines and iv yet to find a sound im happy with to go with the intake roar.

also if the RWD conversion should ever make a reality, then i might get a crashed up or blown manual vr and take what is needed, but that is miles off, and that is if it should ever happen, but who knows what tomorrow may bring!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234