Thread: can it be made easier/quicker to upload pictures.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Thumbs up can it be made easier/quicker to upload pictures.

i have found more and more people are using external hosting sites for picture which are included in threads. which is not a bad thing at first as it mean the CVR4 web site does not have to manage the picture data which would take up valuable server space, but these picture seem to suffer with lots of broken links.

yes i can under stand that it is up to the supplier of the pictures to maintain the picture location but it is not always there top priority to do so particularly if they leave the club.

it needs to be made easier/quicker to upload picture directly to the website then they will be available to everyone.

sorry i have no examples to hand.

one other thing, now i know it is totally out of you control where people choose to host the pictures, but sites like photo bucket are very popular for doing this, however more and more companies are blocking sites like this from there can be displayed at work list of websites and it make the threads look very odd indeed. can it be suggest that all picture are upload direct to the site rather than using external hosting sites in the blurb on how to do stuff.

cheers

Bye for Now!

Name
    Ryan
    Last Online
    26-04-2018
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legacy 3.0R

Members have 100MB quota to store images on CVR4. That should be more than sufficient if they want the images to remain there as long as the club exists.

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

It is the general idea that all pictures are uploaded to CVR4, rather than hosted elsewhere. However, the [Attach] tags bug is not yet fixed, and the uploader only works for a few people. Hopefully, these will be items sorted out in the coming weeks.

The 100MB limit was a bit of a pain for a couple of people (Wodj springs to mind), and you can't delete pictures that are irrelevant, so once you hit the limit, that's it. However, this was when we we on the old server and paid by the GB of site space. When we left Hosting Unlimited, I think the site size limit was about 12GB. As we now have 250GB of space, I suspect that the pictures limit can be raised - even if only on individual accounts, but I would have thought that a general raising of the limit would be fine.

All TBC, of course!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

it is good that these raised topics are looked at.

thanks all.

can the process be made any simpler with an automatic picture resizer when you try to upload a too big pictures or allow larger pictures, but then they eat up storage space.

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Quote Originally Posted by Davezj
    ...automatic picture resizer when you try to upload a too big picture...
    I like that idea. I've been caught out on that loads of times when trying o upload something. I've seen it on other forums so it is definitely something thats available.

I am sure these will be discussed in the near future
    1997 Mitsubishi RVR HSGR : 2.0 4G63T, 4 seats and the seating position from a truck
    2009 Ford Mondeo : 2.2TDCi, 4 wheels, some plastics, some metal and some seats
    Former owner of The Mongrel (RIP 2011) and The Rednum (RIP 2014)

Name
    Gib
    Last Online
    12-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo X FQ480

All my pictures are hosted on photobucket as the uploader just doesnt work for me. Tried it on different laptops, different operating systems, different browers and different internet connections but it just wont work

Name
    Wizard
    Last Online
    22-04-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo IX Wagon GT

Never had a problem with the uploader, myself.

An excellent but small program I use is 'Prish Resizer.' It will even install resizing options into Windows' right-click menu. This feature makes it very user-friendly, instead of having to open a separate program when resizing.

Best thing is . . . it's free !
    " It's better to burn out than fade away . . . " the Kurgen

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

is there any way of seeing how much of your aloted space (mega bytes wise) you have used.

also can i delete any picture i have uploaded in the past.

EDIT:-
    sorry just reread Nev's update post and no you can not delete stuff you have uploaded.

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Things like this are on the list of jobs to do , it's just the list is very very long

We are making plans for the first stage which is a forum upgrade , once that is clear all the minor issues will be corrected

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

hows going to be a busy boy then.

you are, you are.

but seriously, we appreciate all your effort! good luck.

and it is big thanks going out to all people involved in keeping this Club going.

Name
    Phil
    Last Online
    02-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    96 Legnum VR-4

I understand why you don't allow people to delete files they have uploaded - but could you at least show all the pictures an individual has uploaded on their personal control panel? I have found that I occasionally uploaded images more than once as I couldn't find the link to the earlier picture.