Ian
    Last Online
    19-04-2024
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Audi A4 Tdi

info/300zx?

can anyone help with any ownership/experiance of nissan 300zx,non turbo,90-93 model?
    my mate has sold his merc 180 and want's a non turbo zx.
    E39 BMW SPORT

Name
    Iain
    Last Online
    29-12-2017
    Country
    England
    Car
    1998 VR4 Type S

why a non turbo? It doesnt cost much for a turbo version but they are a hell of a lot more fun. Bomb proof mechanicals aswell.
    If you can find a shortwheel base model then go for it as it handles tighter. The standard car will take corners faster than you would expect and seem s to shrink in size as you drive. Dont blame insurance for the decision as there wasnt a lot of difference.

Name
    Ian
    Last Online
    19-04-2024
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Audi A4 Tdi

my pal is thinking about the non turbo because he only does short distance travel? he had a merc cosworth,and the mile's he does were just wasting the motor (he felt??) he done a deal for a 180 classic but he hated the "would'nt pull you out of bed" 1.8 engine...so that has now been sold,also it's the only ZX he's not owned (or the 350zx) he's had 3/240, 2/260, 2/280, 1/280T, 2/300T, and load's of datsun 180 SSS model's and he has a rare 240 samuri (in bit's)
    all the earlier zx were near bullit proof but it's more to do with all the eletric's in the newer one's,that he's more conserned about? as i think he's realized why he bought so many before "the power", :-D all that fun from the straight six going to the rear and almost no problem's
    i'll pass on your info thank's.