Last Online
    08-11-2011
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Proton Compact,

alloys

Hiya,
    havent been on in ages--- work, uni and mini shows/ off roading have taken over my life

Was hoping the Proton's "fox evo alloys" would fit the galant (with the proton basically being a colt)- but they dont--- aparently there is a difference between evo stud pattern, and lancer/ galant---
    and the proton follows evo--- (or something like that...)
    (so ive been told- which would explain why the parts place keep sending me the wrong disks for the proton)

so the proton is having its pretty alloys back, and the stock ones can just be used in winter. (as the tyres on the prettys are the equivilent of skis with the slightest bit of ice!)

But debating painting the galants alloys black/ dark silver--- just wondered if any one had done this- and what they look like???
    car is red estate--- so think those are the best colours- and like dark alloys- - - just with the angular alloys on the galant im not sure if the dark colour would look abit too much???

Any help, or ideas on alloys would b great---

By the way--- still loving the galant- - - its been a life saver at work, though i do use my boss' Mitsi L200 or her mums shogun or my parents Pajero if im going up the fields (dont think the galant quite has the ground clearance--- but it is very usefull for moving the animals around, and carrying shed pieces etc.)

The work car park looks like a mitsi show room- every 1 has them--- i have galant, parents have pajero, boss has l200, her mum has shogun, and one of the other ladies has a pinin, oh, and the proton compact is basically a colt- thats there in the line up too... they all get lined up and fenced off--- get some odd looks from visitors--- but they just practical cars for the kind of place we live/ use them.
    What do you mean "You're only supposed to blow the b****Y doors off"? ... They lift off!!!

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Most galants in the UK are 4 stud. Early Evos are also 4 stud and I believe have compatable dimensions.

VR4's are 5 stud as are most Evos. Again, compatable.

I can;t tell you what your Proton is, but I would have expected it to be 4 x 114.3, similar to if not the same as most UK Galants.

Name
    Nic
    Last Online
    08-11-2011
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Proton Compact,

HIYA...

thankies.

my proton and galant r both 4 stud

i though the protons alloys should fit the galant--- as everything ive read says they will--- but they dont--- their a fair way out
    (and i know both the galant and proton r totaly standard--- no 1s been messing around with them, and both are just normal uk cars- not imported or ne thing)...

Was so annoyed they didnt fit.

The more i think about it, the more i think im gonna just "have to " buy the galant a new set of alloys--- same style and colour as the protons,,,
    ("have to" / "need" ) ;-P

thankies

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

probably 4x100 and 4x114.3
    If I'm replying to your thread and helping you out, it is because I like you and want to help out your VR-4 ownership. No other reason