Last Online
    12-07-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Mitsubishi Gala

Question about Installing MMCS to Non-MMCS Galant

*update

OK, so here's my MMCS (without wiring), the Unit Navi, Head Unit, CD-Changer, Touchscreen display and AC-Control

As pic above, I don't have the Bootable CD-ROM MR285494 with firmware. The Unit Navi indeed has the CD-ROM but I dunno if it's the same CD-ROM

And here's the Dash I bought, I realize I got some wiring but not sure if it's from Legnum or Galant, moreover I don't think it's quite complete enough to do the MMCS swap to my non-MMCS galant

so from what I can conclude so far :
    1. Need to find the complete wiring loom for the MMCS Facelift, complete dash wiring loom (from passenger to driver side) from Galant VR-4
    2. Dash Wiring Loom from NON-MMCS Galant VR-4 will be just fine, as long as I can find the complete MMCS wiring loom
    3. ECU and Engine Wiring has almost nothing do with the MMCS so ECU and Engine Wiring from ANY VR-4 is just fine
    4. MMCS wiring loom for Legnum is just fine as long as Dash Wiring Loom from Galant VR-4

please correct me if any statements above are wrong
    Last edited by hayase; 08-07-2010 at 10:13 AM.

Name
    Derry
    Last Online
    12-07-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Mitsubishi Gala

bump again

Name
    Derry
    Last Online
    12-07-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Mitsubishi Gala

bump, hope kieran or other mmcs brigade member can help me here

Name
    Derry
    Last Online
    12-07-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Mitsubishi Gala

bump again

Name
    Derry
    Last Online
    12-07-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Mitsubishi Gala

bump again

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Either no one knows or no one wants to help.

Become a paid up member.
    If I'm replying to your thread and helping you out, it is because I like you and want to help out your VR-4 ownership. No other reason

Name
    Carsten
    Last Online
    22-10-2023
    Membership ID
    NZ019
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Nissan Navara
    My Garage
    Visit

hows that gonna help?
    only one who would have any idea would be kieran
    and if he hasnt replied he most likely wont know,

mmc is pointless imo

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by bradc
    Either no one knows or no one wants to help.

Become a paid up member.
    I see someone's in a Charming mood again!

Hayase... Sorry for not replying sooner. Here's what I can tell you:

1. Is there any different between MMCS from Legnum and MMCS from Galant ? Can I just use complete wiring and loom from Galant or I need to get it from Legnum ?

- The Legnum MMCS wiring loom (which runs down the passenger side of the car) is longer as the Navigation CD unit is further back. The system I fitted to my Legnum was taken from a Galant. It fitted, but I needed to re-locate the CD-ROM reader, and I needed to re-wire the speaker cables (the Galant loom had the rear speaker cable pins routed to the rear parcel shelf, not to the rear passenger door.

2. Since it has no wiring and loom, so that's mean I need to get complete body wiring and loom. So that's mean I have no option but to get those wiring and loom from VR-4 Halfcut ?

- That's what I had to do, I got the complete wiring from the passenger side and replaced the lot. It was much easier than cutting/splicing and soldering.

3. I heard TV Tuner MZ605131 TU8790, Special unit MZ608396 SNX-V11, Bootable Cdrom MR285494 are optional so that means MMCS will work fine without it, but some tell me that the touch screen display won't work without TV-Tuner. Can any1 confirm this ?

I didn't have the TV Tuner either and the touch screen display worked fine. Obviously you can't get TV though.

4. The most important things is, I don't need it to run in full function. My objectives are only to make sure AirCon and Head Unit can run properly (including the display at touch screen). Can any1 give any idea for it ?

Errr - not sure what you're asking here. But fitting the system with the complete loom from a donor car should give you the functions you want. That's what I had.

5. I'm planning to change the stock HU that come from MMCS(to Alpine CDA 9887). Is there any difficulties to do it ?

The Stock head unit does affect the display on the touchscreen. You don't NEED the stock head unit, but it's easier to operate the MMCS with it there. Without it, you loose the touchscreen controls for the radio & CD. You're left with just Navigation and Aircon.
    Last edited by Kieran; 26-06-2010 at 12:17 AM.

Name
    Derry
    Last Online
    12-07-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Mitsubishi Gala

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran
    I see someone's in a Charming mood again!
    Hayase... Sorry for not replying sooner. Here's what I can tell you:

1. The Legnum MMCS wiring loom (which runs down the passenger side of the car) is longer as the Navigation CD unit is further back. The system I fitted to my Legnum was taken from a Galant. It fitted, but I needed to re-locate the CD-ROM reader, and I needed to re-wire the speaker cables (the Galant loom had the rear speaker cable pins routed to the rear parcel shelf, not to the rear passenger door.

so from it I can conclude :
    1. The MMCS part can be used in both Legnum and Galant, the difference is just the wiring loom
    2. I can use wiring from legnum but it will need a lot of work to make it work at Galant
    3. Best bet is I combine MMCS that taken from Legnum with complete body wiring from Galant
    please correct me if I'm wrong

2. That's what I had to do, I got the complete wiring from the passenger side and replaced the lot. It was much easier than cutting/splicing and soldering.

well as I said above, the best bet is combine the MMCS from Legnum with body wiring from Galant. How about using stand alone ECU for wiring ? Is it possible

3. I didn't have the TV Tuner either and the touch screen display worked fine. Obviously you can't get TV though.

So basically I need to find the Bootable CD-Rom MR285494 or else the MMCS can't be at function. The seller told me that he can run his MMCS without Bootable CD-Rom MR285494 though. Can u confirm if it's possible to run the MMCS without it ?

4. Errr - not sure what you're asking here. But fitting the system with the complete loom from a donor car should give you the functions you want. That's what I had.

I mean I just want the Air-Condition Control and Head Unit are working properly and showing at the touch screen display. That's all I want, though if it can be run at full function, I'll be pleased

5. The Stock head unit does affect the display on the touchscreen. You don't NEED the stock head unit, but it's easier to operate the MMCS with it there. Without it, you loose the touchscreen controls for the radio & CD. You're left with just Navigation and Aircon.

So basically MMCS only support and showing the head unit display for stock Head Unit which means if I change the Head Unit, the touchscreen control that will work are only Navigation and Aircon. Correct me if I'm wrong

6. Is there any difference in wiring and loom between MMCS facelift and pre-facelift ?

thank's kieran. I know now why people here refers u as MMCS brigade leader

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

MMCS Brigade leader...

1. The MMCS part can be used in both Legnum and Galant, the difference is just the wiring loom
    2. I can use wiring from legnum but it will need a lot of work to make it work at Galant
    3. Best bet is I combine MMCS that taken from Legnum with complete body wiring from Galant

That's right. If you are installing the MMCS into a Galant, you should use wiring from a galant to make it easier.

well as I said above, the best bet is combine the MMCS from Legnum with body wiring from Galant. How about using stand alone ECU for wiring ? Is it possible

I don't think it's possible to use a standalone ECU. As you say - best bet is to combine the MMCS with galant wiring.

So basically I need to find the Bootable CD-Rom MR285494 or else the MMCS can't be at function. The seller told me that he can run his MMCS without Bootable CD-Rom MR285494 though. Can u confirm if it's possible to run the MMCS without it ?

Without the CD, I could get the aircon touch-screen controls to work, but nothing else. Some VR4 owners who have cars with MMCS say that nothing works at all without the CD. So get the bootable CD-Rom if you can. There are a few members on here that could probably help you out with a copy if you need it.

I mean I just want the Air-Condition Control and Head Unit are working properly and showing at the touch screen display. That's all I want, though if it can be run at full function, I'll be pleased

- Then yes, with just the screen, the headunit and the CD-rom unit (and wiring!) you will get those functions.

So basically MMCS only support and showing the head unit display for stock Head Unit which means if I change the Head Unit, the touchscreen control that will work are only Navigation and Aircon. Correct me if I'm wrong

That's correct.

6. Is there any difference in wiring and loom between MMCS facelift and pre-facelift?

I am not sure. I originally fitted a facelift MMCS to my car. The screen failed, and I had a spare MMCS screen which was pre-facelift. That worked fine. However, I never tried the pre-facelift headunit or CD-ROM box. They could be different, I'm not sure.

Name
    Derry
    Last Online
    12-07-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Mitsubishi Gala

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran
    MMCS Brigade leader...

That's right. If you are installing the MMCS into a Galant, you should use wiring from a galant to make it easier.

I don't think it's possible to use a standalone ECU. As you say - best bet is to combine the MMCS with galant wiring.

Without the CD, I could get the aircon touch-screen controls to work, but nothing else. Some VR4 owners who have cars with MMCS say that nothing works at all without the CD. So get the bootable CD-Rom if you can. There are a few members on here that could probably help you out with a copy if you need it.

- Then yes, with just the screen, the headunit and the CD-rom unit (and wiring!) you will get those functions.

That's correct.

6. Is there any difference in wiring and loom between MMCS facelift and pre-facelift?

I am not sure. I originally fitted a facelift MMCS to my car. The screen failed, and I had a spare MMCS screen which was pre-facelift. That worked fine. However, I never tried the pre-facelift headunit or CD-ROM box. They could be different, I'm not sure.
    thanks a lot Kieran, so seems even if I'm using stand alone ECU, I still need the wiring from Galant VR-4 if I want the MMCS to be working. Gonna search for the CD-ROM, Body wiring from galant and MMCS complete wiring loom

Name
    Derry
    Last Online
    12-07-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Mitsubishi Gala

err I know that it's a simply idiotic question BUT

Do I need ECU from Galant VR-4 who got MMCS Facelift or ECU from Any VR-4 is just fine ?

as for the Body Wiring, Do I need body wiring from Galant VR-4 that has MMCS Facelift or any wiring from Galant VR-4 is just fine ?

Any MMCS brigade member or even the leader (kieran) can answer this ?
    Last edited by hayase; 06-07-2010 at 09:15 AM.

Name
    Derry
    Last Online
    12-07-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Mitsubishi Gala

bump again

Name
    Derry
    Last Online
    12-07-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Mitsubishi Gala

err I know that it's a simply idiotic question BUT

Do ECU has something to do with MMCS ?

If Yes, Do I need ECU from Galant VR-4 who got MMCS Facelift or ECU from Any VR-4 is just fine ?

as for the Body Wiring, Do I need body wiring from Galant VR-4 that has MMCS Facelift or any wiring from Galant VR-4 is just fine ?

I need answer to those question since I want to do MMCS swap to my Non-MMCS Galant

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    11-04-2019
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    VR4, GTIR, Mini

ive no idea mate, my galoon doesn't have MMCS on it

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

ECU has very very little to do with the MMCS system as far as I know.

Can I respectfully suggest that there is information regarding MMCS in the club library, which will become available to you if you sign up as a full member?

Name
    Derry
    Last Online
    12-07-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Mitsubishi Gala

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Steve
    ECU has very very little to do with the MMCS system as far as I know.

Can I respectfully suggest that there is information regarding MMCS in the club library, which will become available to you if you sign up as a full member?
    thanks for that, Kinda worried if I need to get same ECU from Galant VR-4 that has MMCS on it

but after hearing your explanation, thinks your statement is true, since VR-G also has same MMCS (do they ?) with VR-4 but different engine

kinda worried since I don't use 6A13TT for my engine swap
    Last edited by hayase; 06-07-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Name
    Derry
    Last Online
    12-07-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Mitsubishi Gala

*update

OK, so here's my MMCS Facelift (without wiring), the Unit Navi, Head Unit, CD-Changer, Touchscreen display and AC-Control

As pic above, I don't have the Bootable CD-ROM MR285494 with firmware. The Unit Navi indeed has the CD-ROM but I dunno if it's the same CD-ROM

And here's the Dash I bought, I realize I got some wiring but not sure if it's from Legnum or Galant, moreover I don't think it's quite complete enough to do the MMCS swap to my non-MMCS galant

so from what I can conclude so far :
    1. Need to find the complete wiring loom for the MMCS Facelift, complete dash wiring loom (from passenger to driver side) from Galant VR-4
    2. Dash Wiring Loom from NON-MMCS Galant VR-4 will be just fine, as long as I can find the complete MMCS wiring loom
    3. ECU and Engine Wiring has almost nothing do with the MMCS so ECU and Engine Wiring from ANY VR-4 is just fine
    4. MMCS wiring loom for Legnum is just fine as long as Dash Wiring Loom from Galant VR-4

please correct me if any statements above are wrong
    Last edited by hayase; 08-07-2010 at 10:12 AM.

Name
    Scott
    Last Online
    09-07-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    96 Legnum VR4 T

The loom in that dash has nothing to do with MMCS.

Name
    Derry
    Last Online
    12-07-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Mitsubishi Gala

Quote Originally Posted by scott.mohekey
    The loom in that dash has nothing to do with MMCS.
    what a disheartening answer ........, what's that wiring for then ?

regardless any suggestion will do, want to get as many sources and info as I can get to do this swap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast