Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 $4.5k - Pics!

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    27-12-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    90 MR2 GT-S

FS: 1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 - $3.9k - BUY IT

97 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
    ~180,000 Kms
    Pearl White
    Wof to October 2010 (flew through last WOF) and Reg to September 2010
    Have a folder with receipts for all the maintenance and servicing + WOF sheets
    $4500ono

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-295101883.htm

Pics
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...DSC00006-5.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../DSC000182.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...DSC00017-2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...DSC00009-6.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../DSC000082.jpg

Service history:
    Cambelt + oil seals done at ~120,000kms
    Active Yaw Control (AYC) rear diff serviced and inspected
    Transmission flushed and oil and filter changed
    New vented discs and pads on the front + new fluid
    Rear brakes inspected but still have plenty of life in them
    FL Tie Rod end replaced for WOF Oct 2009
    FR Caliper sliding pins replaced

The car has just had a big service. Done ~2000kms since the following was done:

Hydraulic Lash Adjusters (Lifters) all serviced - all 24 of them. No ticking from this Mitsi
    Engine oil and filter changed
    Entire cooling system flushed (radiator, engine etc) + overflow bottle cleaned
    FR Brake hose replaced
    Brand new Spark Plugs
    Brand new Alloy core Radiator
    Brand new transmission oil cooler lines
    Brand new Thermostat
    All electronic systems have been checked on a diagnostic scanner and there are no faults and everything works as it should.

The major services have all been done so there are no big expenses coming up and there are years of trouble free and very exciting motoring ahead.

Faults: Nothing major – a few cosmetic details.
    There are a few small scratches/dents on the exterior
    The car has had parts resprayed at some point and they don't match the factory Pearl white. Hard to tell unless you're looking for it/fussy.
    Cup holder divider is broken. Still perfectly usable but again, something to replace if you're fussy.
    Last edited by iOnic; 12-07-2010 at 04:27 AM.
    MR2SLO aka get your WALKØN |12.77sec @ 109mph | 207rwkw @ .9Bar

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    27-12-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    90 MR2 GT-S

Small video I took of the exhaust note a while ago. Please note the boost gauge is not included in the sale and has already been removed from the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwz3pySIRkg

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

It has 191kw at 5500rpm and 343nm at 4000rpm
    If I'm replying to your thread and helping you out, it is because I like you and want to help out your VR-4 ownership. No other reason

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    27-12-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    90 MR2 GT-S

Cheers. I was made aware of that but can't change the listing till it expires Any offers will be considered as the car is just sitting in the garage being unused which is a waste of a great car.
    Last edited by iOnic; 28-06-2010 at 03:43 AM.

Name
    Ben
    Last Online
    17-07-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Mivec Diamante

Keep that for a few months until I'm ready to buy again, right what I'm looking for, little high on kms for me but still wtb!

Name
    Kerry
    Last Online
    18-09-2014
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1996 VR4 Legnum

if it doesnt end up selling would u ever want to part with the engine cover ... my trade me stalking for one isn't going good =P cheeeers

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    27-12-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    90 MR2 GT-S

Quote Originally Posted by heads_up
    Keep that for a few months until I'm ready to buy again, right what I'm looking for, little high on kms for me but still wtb!
    We'd rather it went sooner rather than later but you never know The km's are getting up there but we chose it over lower km examples because it was the most mechanically sound at the time and hadn't been molested/thrashed like a lot of the VR4's we'd seen so the km's weren't really a bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Distort
    if it doesnt end up selling would u ever want to part with the engine cover ... my trade me stalking for one isn't going good =P cheeeers
    Dunno that you'd want it It's a bit bung like most of them get. I keep an eye on trademe to find another one to replace it with but they're a bit hard to find haha.

Name
    Kerry
    Last Online
    18-09-2014
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1996 VR4 Legnum

lol cheers no cover atm =(

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    27-12-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    90 MR2 GT-S

Bump price dropped to $4300 or near offer
    Last edited by iOnic; 09-07-2010 at 12:58 AM.

Name
    Phil
    Last Online
    10-09-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1991 Galant VR-

so why is you still have the 205kW/363Nm power figure in there after being corrected on no less than two different occasions? Are you trying to mislead people?
    1991 E39A Galant VR-4 - the original VR-4
    1980 A164A Eterna GSR Coupe - 3.0 V6 MIVEC TT!

Name
    Ryan
    Last Online
    26-04-2018
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legacy 3.0R

Quote Originally Posted by fuel
    so why is you still have the 205kW/363Nm power figure in there after being corrected on no less than two different occasions? Are you trying to mislead people?
    If you read the thread he did mention:

Quote Originally Posted by iOnic
    "Cheers. I was made aware of that but can't change the listing till it expires"

Name
    Phil
    Last Online
    10-09-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1991 Galant VR-

oh right, my apologies. Having never listed a car as a classified I wasn't aware you can't change it half way through.

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    27-12-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    90 MR2 GT-S

Are you actually interested in the car or is it simply your goal to repeatedly point out a mistake that I've already told you I am aware of? I can't possibly be the first person to make that mistake. It really is an honest mistake that slipped my mind at the time of writing the listing - I'm well aware of the fact that only the PFL Manual and FL models were 206kw versions. It's not my intention to mislead anyone especially over something as arbitrary as a manufacturer's quoted power figure but in the interest of pleasing you and helping you sleep comfortably at night, that bit has been removed from the listing now Sleep tight Fuel, the world is safe again
    Last edited by iOnic; 09-07-2010 at 04:50 AM.

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    27-12-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    90 MR2 GT-S

$3900 - last price drop. If it doesn't sell this week it can sit in the garage until it rots/we get sick of seeing it This is ridiculously cheap considering the condition it's in.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-295101883.htm

Name
    Karyn
    Last Online
    11-11-2010
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1999 Golf GTI

Car is now viewable at 668 Tremaine Ave, Palmerston North from 8.30am to 5pm weekdays. Weekends are by arrangement only.

Price is $3900 ono.

After driving her in this morning I really wish I could keep her but sadly 3 cars for one person is just too greedy and expensive. I would like her to go to a good home if possible.

Happy to deliver throughout NZ for a fee.
    Legnum VR4 - Forsale
    EP82 Starlet GT - Variable Vein Turbo conversion in progress
    1999 Golf GTI daily driver

Name
    Phil
    Last Online
    10-09-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1991 Galant VR-

I reckon you might have good luck $1res'ing it on Trademe. I sold my one, a '96 done higher kms and probably not in as good condition mechanically and no leather interior for $3370 - the thing with a $1res auction is it generates anywhere between 5-10 times the interest you would have otherwise got with a standard auction or classified listing. All it takes is two determined interested parties who wont back down and a bidding war begins and usually escalates to a favourable price.

Sorry I don't mean to be picking at your advert but I feel it could use some more pics - Trademe give you 20 slots it makes sense to use them all to get the most out of your money.

*edit* I see you have used up most the pic slots, must have been a while since I first looked at your listing. You could try taking photos on a sunny day with a nice back-drop and clear shots of the car with no shadows or glare etc. PM me if you want some pointers, I have found some changes in my listings which have made clear differences and more people interested.
    Last edited by fuel; 27-07-2010 at 12:26 AM.

Name
    Karyn
    Last Online
    11-11-2010
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1999 Golf GTI

I've already spent $40 listing it on trademe, can't get that money back or change it to an auction for free to its staying as is. I am by no means rich especially after the legal BS I've been through with my ex recently.

As for photos, kind of hard to get photos when I work 40 mins from where the car is normally so its dark when I leave and dark when I get home and has been raining every weekend since I put this up.

I have had plenty of time wasters inquire about it over the last week, and if for some reason I wanted a 50" plasma and dvd recorder I might have gotten rid of it several times over

Will leave it as is if it sells it sells, if not meh will chuck it down the back of the section for a dog kennel.

Name
    Quinton
    Last Online
    25-06-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Built VR4 Leggy

its tippy right? iv got 1 just delivered to Turners ill get 3k for it no doubt so try them....

Name
    Matt
    Last Online
    28-04-2017
    Country
    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Harlet
    I've already spent $40 listing it on trademe, can't get that money back or change it to an auction for free to its staying as is. I am by no means rich especially after the legal BS I've been through with my ex recently.

As for photos, kind of hard to get photos when I work 40 mins from where the car is normally so its dark when I leave and dark when I get home and has been raining every weekend since I put this up.

I have had plenty of time wasters inquire about it over the last week, and if for some reason I wanted a 50" plasma and dvd recorder I might have gotten rid of it several times over

Will leave it as is if it sells it sells, if not meh will chuck it down the back of the section for a dog kennel.
    Lol or swaps for 92 Integra 18 inch chromies on the front, stock hubs on the back, 1 good tyre, imitation momo steering wheel, missing one wing mirror, cut springs but goes hard azzzz bro and looks fully sick. Maybe + some cash my way?

They're always good for a laugh though

Name
    Phil
    Last Online
    10-09-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1991 Galant VR-

how many "when was the cambelt last changed?" questions have you got even though you have clearly mentioned it has been replaced? it's unreal - just about every single car I list I get the obligatory "when was the cambelt done?", even on the chain driven cars I've specifically said don't run cam belts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast