Name
    Bill
    Last Online
    12-02-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum Ralliart

jonn that's why I bought my Legnum as I like to have something fairly rare and mine is supposed to be 1 of 50 Ralliart UK Legnums officially imported,or at least that was my understanding

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

and good luck in your search.

Don't worry, the 'grey' imports point is occasionally misinterpreted when it comes to VR-4s, although I think it has been mostly clarified above. They are ALL JDM spec and ALL imports. The official cars are still that way - built for the Japanese market, but Mitsubishi got in on the importing action themselves for a bit, in effect. They did the same as any other importers, just with a couple of extra touches, like rebadging Legnums as Galants, fitting a UK stereo, a dealer-fit alarm and some undersealing (as well as the bits to conform for UK roads at the time - rear fog light, fuel filler neck insert, speedo conversion to MPH, etc.). There were also other VR-4s unofficially imported from new, as well as the more normally expected used variety.

If I was in the market for a Leggy at the moment, I would have snapped chris g's one up months ago!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Jonathan
    Last Online
    27-12-2013
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    Jaguar x-type 3

Thumbs up

Agreed, Bill. Rarer the better. The Ralliart influence is recognised everywhere and holding a Ralliart vehicle makes me very jealous..just kidding, but, there aren't many about. I always want a closer look at a Galant estate on the motorway, just in case it is a Legnum. Usually cop the VR-4 badge first but struggle to keep up, even in the Jag! Points, points, speeding..
    I take pride in the cars I've owned and this would be no exception.
    I have posted some pics of the Jag I have and put them in 'Random photo's' not to block this thread more than necessary.
    Waiting for a call now....

Name
    Jonathan
    Last Online
    27-12-2013
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    Jaguar x-type 3

Thanks Elnevio, More info. the better. I love Chris's car. Its a real beaut. If things work out, I will definitely want to check it out.
    I also know you have to look around so does anyone have experience of WRC? They have a few, but wary of some of the dealers after comments about Keighley.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Not heard much about WRC. Plenty of people talk about KTC though!

If you want to have a look at a VR4 you are more than welcome to come and have a chat and a cup of tea. Not sure where in Wales you are - I'm not far from some parts, but a lot further from others!

I've heard a couple of people mention 50 official imports - I've heard many more mention 200 official imports. More of them were estates than saloons, so if the 200 figure is right for VR4s then the 50 figure must be saloons, not estates.

And I don't know why no-one has bought Chris's car yet. It now seems to be a very good price for a late model car with lowish miles lots of history and a few very tasty mods. I can only assume that there are very few people wanting to buy a gas guzzler in todays financial world.

Name
    Jonathan
    Last Online
    27-12-2013
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    Jaguar x-type 3

Thanks for the invite, Nick. Would certainly be interested. Let me know how and when I can contact you and will try to meet up at your convenience. Don't mean to sound t'ik but I know everybody mentions 'pm sent' to contact...que?
    I am in Cardiff and its a decent drive to Redditch so would look forward to it.
    Thanks again.

Name
    stuart
    Last Online
    13-05-2014
    Country
    England
    Car
    530d touring

Hellooo.

I'm a fellow muso' and my VR4 is my regular gig-wagon too.. !
    On my second Legnum now, but I'm actually in thinking of selling and getting a X-type estate strangely enough, as I rarely need the space of the Legnum as I only really use the boot space 90% of the time. Also really liked my old XJ i had a few years back so would mind revisting the Big cat Marque..

Legnums are definately a little bigger than the X-type, I manage to squeeze in my bass rig, medium PA system and lighting set-up.

I'm guessing you're a drummer and would be suprised if you couldn't get a double bass drum kit in easily, depending on shell sizes and cases...

I could be well interested in the Jag/Legnum swap.. !!! Contact me if you can
    E60 BMW 530D touring & pink trackday 77' Camaro

Name
    Graeme
    Last Online
    25-08-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Ralliart VR4

Hi Jon. I'll be passing Cardiff on the way to St Davids w/c 2nd Aug, and would be happy to meet.

I have had my Ralliart Galant VR4 for 8+years and its never let me down. It is a UK car, imported by The Colt Car Company Ltd, and not to be confused with a "Ralliart Legnum" ??!!!.

In addition to the 'extras' already mentioned (underseal, fog light, UK speedo, Recaros etc.) i can confirm that, with the original letter from Colt Car Co. confirming that it is an official import, I have never paid more than £300.00 fully comp for me and wife – surely the greatest advantage of a Galant over a Legnum.

Additionally, most Legnums seem to be owned by uphill-gardeners, and need a regular application of John Innes no5 to ensure reliability.

Galant/Legnum. Two peas in a pod? I think, most definately not.

PS I'll be out of the country from today till the 30th. Please reply later if you wish to meet.

Name
    Jonathan
    Last Online
    27-12-2013
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    Jaguar x-type 3

Thumbs up

Hi Stuey and Gastro, Cheers guys for all the great input. Stuey, I am looking for a bit of spare over the cost of a Leggy, hence why I am asking £8900! Might be a bit adventurous and cheeky but I couldn't do a straight swap. Shame but thanks for the offer.
    Gastro, I can certainly meet. I've already said I could visit Nick but sure he won't mind if someone 'drops in' on me. Mind, if I get a lovely Leggy I'll be going to meets/looking to get servicing done by a reliable individual/garage whoever is recommended by you guys.
    Like in my earlier post, how do I pm you guys?

Name
    Jonathan
    Last Online
    27-12-2013
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    Jaguar x-type 3

Stuey,
    We muso's have a tough job leaving our pride and joy on the road at gigs. Have you ever had any unwanted attention? Have to admit I have kittens leaving the Jag at some venues. Great if you can leave it outside pub and I am placed at a window overlooking it. One pub in Cardiff where thats the case. 3-4 times a year. Rest of the time its regular visits outside.

Name
    stuart
    Last Online
    13-05-2014
    Country
    England
    Car
    530d touring

Quote Originally Posted by jonnmit
    Stuey,
    We muso's have a tough job leaving our pride and joy on the road at gigs. Have you ever had any unwanted attention? Have to admit I have kittens leaving the Jag at some venues. Great if you can leave it outside pub and I am placed at a window overlooking it. One pub in Cardiff where thats the case. 3-4 times a year. Rest of the time its regular visits outside.
    Usually ok regarding leaving it places... as I don't do too many dodgy places anymore, mostly in central London where there are much more exotic motors than the VR4, (particlarly when the Dubai Princes come over every summer with their Lambos, Ferraris, Bentleys etc...)

- Didn't actually mean a straight swap, though mine has all the goodies and upgrades -

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    14-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Scooby thing..
    My Garage
    Visit

If things work out would be happy to hear from you about the car

Sending a PM is by clicking on PMs at top of page and drop down menu gives you choices

Would not be surprised if you do not already have a PM or two to read

Name
    Richie
    Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    '97 legnum MT

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t=4b7e0053.jpg
    i can lie flat out in the back of a leggy with the seats folded flat and i am 6 foot. that is without having to move the front seats so moving them forward and tilting them will give a few more inches if required. plus they come with a cargo net tucked away under the floor with various ways of securing it. this is my first estate but it does seem to be very well thought out and laid out. i would agree that the final decision would be helped by seeing one in the flesh though. i bought my first galant unseen but i got lucky and loved it. my 2nd and 3rd were both going to be my cars before i had even seen them. in fact, the 1st time i saw my latest was when i went to collect it. they are very capable cars and reliable almost to a surreal extent. once you have a look round one you will be hooked on them
    1998 2.0 GLS>1999 2.4 GDI>2001 2.5 sport>1997 VR4 + 2000 2.5 sport
    1997 legnum (manual)
    CUSCO rear strut brace
    BILSTEIN springs on uprated shocks
    3" S/S downpipes and exhaust
    induction kit
    EVO V RS transfer box
    EVO VIII brembos
    HEL brake lines
    V6 sport interior
    laser cut engine cover
    GRP EVO style bonnet
    18" inovite redlines
    HKS SSQV
    2003 Mazda 6 2.0 TS estate

Name
    Sheffield
    Last Online
    07-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    galaxy excel 2

John,

Good luck with the sale of the monde........ Err.. I mean jag

If you're interested in chris g's car, all I can say is don't look at it !!

Just ring him up & say " I'll take it"

It's that mint !

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    26-02-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4-S

Quote Originally Posted by Scanny
    http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t=4b7e0053.jpg
    i can lie flat out in the back of a leggy with the seats folded flat and i am 6 foot. that is without having to move the front seats so moving them forward and tilting them will give a few more inches if required.
    Funny I tried this today as well. I also have the benefit of a moonroof as well. So stop over's with the missus should be fun.
    Rear seat's down moonroof open nice view of the star's, and if things get really bad DVD in the head unit. Engine bay hot enough to cook on (Didn't Mesobitchy and Confussed do this?) just need a toilet and washing facilities!

Name
    Jonathan
    Last Online
    27-12-2013
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    Jaguar x-type 3

Thumbs up

Hi guys,
    Point taken, Stuey. There may be a deal somewhere. I may be asking a bit much for the Jag, but from the competition its pretty realistic. There could be a deal somewhere. Thanks to you Chris. PM? got it! Lovely car. Never thought there'd be so many beauties to think about. Yes, have 1 PM so will get on it.
    To all of you, I will be on the forum as soon as any deal works out, whatever kind. Will try and get a few more photo's of the Jag on, while its clean(well, it will be later!)
    Thanks Scanny. I'm 6'4" and my feet hang off the end of the Jag, so confirming its big enough for my kit is great. Looked at all your photo's, mate. Lovely car and not many about.
    Now...toSchom....IT's not a MONDEO!!!!! HA HA. I have it on good authority(well, Jag meister forum) the engine is 80% Jag twiddled and no parts interchangeable. Brake discs and pads are though! thank youuuu...

Name
    Jonathan
    Last Online
    27-12-2013
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    Jaguar x-type 3

PM sent

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    14-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Scooby thing..
    My Garage
    Visit

Hope your sale works out Jon and you can then find the car of your dreams...

Name
    Jonathan
    Last Online
    27-12-2013
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    Jaguar x-type 3

Hi Chris,

I may have. U got PM ok?

Name
    Kieran
    Last Online
    16-12-2022
    Country
    England
    Car
    Stop Gap :)

Bananas
    Last edited by the_boy; 24-07-2010 at 10:00 AM.
    Honey, I never drive faster than I can see, and besides... it's all in the reflexes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast