Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VR4 on E-Bay

Last Online
    05-10-2004
    Country
    United Kingdom

thanks again.

after runnig the rx7 i dont think anything else is gonna strangle my wallet like that does. Its always alarming whe you can watch the fuel gauge move slowly downwards as you u boot it.

Name
    M Brindley
    Last Online
    25-05-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Ralliart VR-4 S

Quote Originally Posted by mintyfresh
    thanks again.

after runnig the rx7 i dont think anything else is gonna strangle my wallet like that does. Its always alarming whe you can watch the fuel gauge move slowly downwards as you u boot it.
    I have heard that before.
    It can be the same way with the VR-4, especially since the fuel tank is stupidly small, £35 will fill it up (light on and off).

To be honest, I think it's very good on fuel if you take it easy, perhaps I'm used to juicy cars, 20-25 miles per gallon is my average and on a run it's very good.
    However, on track it's another story, less than 5 mpg has been seen. :-b

Last Online
    05-10-2004
    Country
    United Kingdom

Im in Essex.

A tiptronic car does seem ideal for me, and although i didnt intend on an estate, if it is as great as you guys say then maybe i have to driive one. Im sure i can think of something to fill the rest of the car with

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

You can get saloon or estate.

Best bet is to look on autotrader - do a search for mitsubishi, any model, with vr4 or vr-4 as the keyword searches. If you make it national, you should get a few good deals come up.

The car on e-bay does not look like its worth anywhere near 7.5k. If I were you I'd find a pristine car the same age for 7k and then play as you want. His list of mods and estimate of power make it sound like it has not been cared for. This may not be the case, just me being suspicious!

If you want a non-pristine car that has been played with, it could cost less than 6k!!

But remember, SERVICE HISTORY or the knowledge that a major service needs doing!

Last Online
    26-10-2007
    Country
    England
    Car
    Ex-VR4, S60, and RX7

Did someone mention RX7? Slightly off topic - what year/model spec do you have? Mine is an on-going '92 3rd gen project - I'm in middle of rebuilding the engine at the moment, but have a nice single turbo to go on it. Anyway, time is the problem thats why its on-going...

I must be mad trying to run a VR4, a VTR1000 and rebuild a RX7 :rolleyes5 - actually nope - just skint! ozey:

Mike.

Last Online
    05-10-2004
    Country
    United Kingdom

Its a '95 Rxt Twi n Turbo Type R. Its got full RE-Amemiya bodykit, HKS Exhaust, GruppeM induction and a full custom interior. It really is a great car, and i havnt driving anything that handles better. Its just too small for me

I think i would want an estate because a saloon seems a bit like an EVO wannabe (sorry to ther owners).

How much does it cost to mod the VR4? what sort of money does it take to get upto the 350bhp mark?

Name
    James
    Last Online
    15-08-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Old VR4 Owner

I think i would want an estate because a saloon seems a bit like an EVO wannabe (sorry to ther owners).
    EVO wannabe?! :rolleyes5 ozey:

Nah, mate! That's one of the reasons why I wanted one over your scoobs and evos, yeah it's got the AYC, four wheel drive and massive power, but it's also a refined family car. The ride is nowhere near as harsh as an EVOs, and the interior is full of toys too.

The reason I love the VR4 so much is because of it's stealth factor - it simply doesn't look like a 300bhp car.....it's just a Galant with a spoiler!

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    20-06-2017
    Country
    United Kingdom

350 is achievable in many ways! But its not so easy, 330 has been achieved without major major mods.

The easiest is a moderate shot of Nitrous.....its not always there though!

If you want to go the conventional way you will need an induction kit, an exhaust, a decat, and a boost controller. This will set you back between £1000 and £3000 depending on whether you fit and set it up yourself or pay through the nose! This will easily get you up around the 320-330 mark if done right. To get more you are in to more expense with fuel and ignition controllers. While these are not expensive in themselves you could be in for a £500 rolling road bill!

Once you get to 350ish you may find the auto box starts behaving funny (I dont but others have) and the manual will require an uprated clutch.

I think thats everything! The estate is the best bet, practical and stealthy! I was playing with a 911 Turbo and a Bentley Continental GT last night and they must have wondered what was going on! A 4.7 second 0-60 is certainly unexpected from your average traffic light competition!

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

me thinks he bought it from keightly

Quote Originally Posted by zedy1
    me thinks he bought it from keightly :rolleyes:
    Ys .. He did buy it from Keightley .. When i was looking for mine last Sept it was in Keightly then .. I have a piccy of it still in my piccy folder ..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last Online
    05-10-2004
    Country
    United Kingdom

i want, i want, i want!!!

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

/banned!... oh err.. :rolleyes5

Theres noway i got my saloon cos it was second best to an EVO. I have never even though of it in that way. The car was bought cos it looks "da-shiat" and goes like the clappers..
    SUPPORT CLUBVR-4 TODAY!
    Please do not PM Moderators and Committee Directly, for quicker response times please follow this guide
    HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

My Articles: Fog Light in Rear Cluster - Changing AYC Switch - Changing Drive Shaft - Changing Front suspension
    My Projects: Installing Uprated Clutch - making Gauge Pods (Tri-pod)
    Club Related: HOW TO Guides - HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators
    RIP: Type-S - 1998 R - Trigger Mauve - Mauve History | First VR4 - Second VR4 - Third VR4

Profile for BraindG
    Get your own fuel sig in the Garage (Members Only) - Visit my Garage ........What Is Geocaching?

Last Online
    05-10-2004
    Country
    United Kingdom

Sorry buddy, your right. anyone can see an evo coming. I thnik you get extra satisfaction if the power is in your family saloon.

The guy reckons the cambelts have been changed, but its gonna take a hefty bit of cash with his car to p/x for the rex.

Name
    James
    Last Online
    15-08-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Old VR4 Owner

This one is for sale too, and I saw it yesterday - looks like it's just had £2000 knocked off it's asking price. Bog-standard, no mods, Ralliart spec, full history, and low mileage - looked in good 'nick.

http://www.xtreme-uk.net/UsedCarDeta...ankdetails=181

Last Online
    20-07-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    Ford Mondeo ST200

If you are interested in a saloon, although I am not actively pursuing it, mine is still for sale, details here.....

My VR-4

Will consider an offer.
    Ford Mondeo ST200
    Not as fast as a VR-4, but it'll do for me.

Last Online
    05-10-2004
    Country
    United Kingdom

My Rx7 is on ebay at the minute, not the best place to advertise a car but its cheaper than autotrader.

If it sells i'll get back to you guys. I could also be tempted in a p/x deal.

Deano.

Name
    M Brindley
    Last Online
    25-05-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Ralliart VR-4 S

Been driving mine all day which is something I rarely get to do.

I've been stopping and starting and parking here and parking there, and I have to say I'm exhausted!

It may go like sh1t and stick to the road like sh1t to a blanket on the corners at speed!, but you trawl slowly and squeeze into gaps a few times it becomes a BEAST of a car to control.... it has a pathetic turning circle!!!!!!!!!!! and you'll find yourself having to shuffle to do many 3 point turns or simply turn out of a simple tight junction.
    Also in mine anyway, you have to stamp on the brake to stop the thing, and sometimes especially with the air con running, parking can be an issue when the car wants to surge forward.. which is expected in autos but these are no ordinary cars.

I assume the RX is very agile!!! you WILL find it much different!

I have basis of comparison too, I have access to several high powered and large Mercs to much smaller cars, the VR-4 is a different car and almost bus like.
    Other than the above it's undoubtably a superb car and does what it does well.

This is all my opinion, but I suggest you try it for yourself.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

I would just like to double check the above statement. Are you saying that the VR4 is not agile? :stunned:

Can I double check that you are talking about slow speed?

I am VERY impressed at what the VR4 is able to do from a handling point of view. The difference from a V6 sport is not measurable. The turning circle is not good (its okay on FWD models - so must be a 4WD thing) but it goes and stops exactly as you want it to. The brakes will need upgrading if you want to stop hard repeatedly, however.

As far as agility goes, watch the video of Pete and Simon hassling a 400 bhp Skyline at Castle Coombe!

Name
    Simon
    Last Online
    12-04-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    White R32 GTR

:$ We weren't even trying! :topic: :$

Name
    M Brindley
    Last Online
    25-05-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Ralliart VR-4 S

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann
    I would just like to double check the above statement. Are you saying that the VR4 is not agile? :stunned:

Can I double check that you are talking about slow speed?

I am VERY impressed at what the VR4 is able to do from a handling point of view. The difference from a V6 sport is not measurable. The turning circle is not good (its okay on FWD models - so must be a 4WD thing) but it goes and stops exactly as you want it to. The brakes will need upgrading if you want to stop hard repeatedly, however.

As far as agility goes, watch the video of Pete and Simon hassling a 400 bhp Skyline at Castle Coombe!
    #
    Correct. Low speed.
    Correct. It isn't agile at 'low speed'.

Try driving a 200SX for example, you'll know agility when you try one of those.
    The 200SX, RX7 ARE sports cars, no matter how you dress the VR-4 up, it is not a sports car and doesn't handle like one.

Name
    James
    Last Online
    15-08-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Old VR4 Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Brind
    .... it has a pathetic turning circle!!!!!!!!!!!
    How true is that.....no more than three days after buying mine I was pulling out of my drive and turning left onto the road, but headed out into the road a little more to give myself enough room to get round my neighbours car parked up on the kerb. I didn't think anything special about it as I'd done this day-in-day-out for the past 3 years in my old V6-24.

Ok, so full lock left at a steady slowish pace, then clobbered the kerb on the opposite side of the road. :Cry1: Damn thing went up on the tyre by about 1" then dropped back down against the alloy tearing a nice fleshy bit of metal of it....absolutely gutted.

Note to self: "turning circle sucks....check!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast