Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fresh Import or Tried and Tested??

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

No, your autobox will fail and die well before the aluminium casing rusts!
    If I'm replying to your thread and helping you out, it is because I like you and want to help out your VR-4 ownership. No other reason

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    10-03-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Lexus GS300

Quote Originally Posted by bradc
    No, your autobox will fail and die well before the aluminium casing rusts!

Brad i dont feel as your comments are relevant to my original thread and would ask you to make constructive advice on my threads or not bother commenting please.

I may be new here and dont want to rock the boat but these are my feelings on my thread and your the only one tipping the apple cart!!

Tony

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

I was just joining in the off topic fun Don't worry about upsetting me at all. Say what you want and do what you want, I don't hold grudges at all and don't mind a little arguing here and there

You seem to be a pretty smart guy, you'll figure out the way to get the best VR-4 that suits you fine.

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    14-10-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Smart fortwo

isnt there only one way really to decide which one is right for you and thats to get in a few and drive them (drive them with heart and passion) and pick the one that makes you go WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE most!!!
    the rest o it is just details there are badly maintained low milage cars and well maintained high milage cars as well as badly maintained high milage cars (best avoided) and well maintained low milage cars (like rocking horse poo). it's a lottery but good luck with the search but trust me the WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE factor is most important!!

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    10-03-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Lexus GS300

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor of Muppets
    isnt there only one way really to decide which one is right for you and thats to get in a few and drive them (drive them with heart and passion) and pick the one that makes you go WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE most!!!
    the rest o it is just details there are badly maintained low milage cars and well maintained high milage cars as well as badly maintained high milage cars (best avoided) and well maintained low milage cars (like rocking horse poo). it's alottery but good luck with the search but trust me the WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE factor is most important!!
    Yes I agree been in one so far curtesy of ianturbo. Spoke to another about one this evening. And also go visit some dealers to get a laugh o sorry I mean look at some fresh imports

Tony
    Last edited by Jane; 28-08-2010 at 01:42 AM. Reason: just fixing the quote :)

Name
    Paddy
    Last Online
    29-12-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    COTY

When I bought mine the rate was 235Y/£ (may 08) - it's now ~130Y/£. To buy the same yens worth of car now would set me back the thin side of £6k (albeit pre-recession, pre £1 ltr super **** prices - which affects the value of these cars massively). Despite that - I'd still go for an import (the recession hits Japanese 2nd values too).

It's a tough call - but whatever you decide go into it informed. Read the buyer's guide. Ask for members input (I was surprised as fook at what the folk on here could spot on 5-7 photos of a car). If possible get an "in the flesh" opinion of the car from a member. There's a good number in the NW.

As for dealers - I'd a(be)ware of the ones near you: <Cough>ly.

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    10-03-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Lexus GS300

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyB
    When I bought mine the rate was 235Y/£ (may 08) - it's now ~130Y/£. To buy the same yens worth of car now would set me back the thin side of £6k (albeit pre-recession, pre £1 ltr super **** prices - which affects the value of these cars massively). Despite that - I'd still go for an import (the recession hits Japanese 2nd values too).

It's a tough call - but whatever you decide go into it informed. Read the buyer's guide. Ask for members input (I was surprised as fook at what the folk on here could spot on 5-7 photos of a car). If possible get an "in the flesh" opinion of the car from a member. There's a good number in the NW.

As for dealers - I'd a(be)ware of the ones near you: <Cough>ly.

Cheers paddyb not takin any money when i go visit a couple of dealers also got my eye on a car on here.....i have done loads of reading and question asking in this site and others and believe me when i tell you this i aint seen bed before 5am since i joined this site lolol when i am ready to go "buy" i will post up what it is and were and anyone who wants to come for a nosey will be more than welcome..........thanks for you input dude....

Tony

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345