View Poll Results: How Much Would You Pay To Be A Member ?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • I refuse to pay to join

3 6.52%
  • £10 or under per year

9 19.57%
  • £10 - £20 per year

31 67.39%
  • Other

3 6.52%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Membership Fees ?

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Originally posted by Japmetal
    If you wanted to go further than that, you could open up to be a Galant Owner's Club and then you'd really score some new membership [Just think of all those lonely Galant owners who could only afford the 2.0 !]
    :mad2: LONELY GALANT OWNERS WHO CAN ONLY AFFORD THE 2.0?!... Wash your mouth out!

Seriously, I agree with Japmetal - UK Galant owners in general could use some representation, but I don't think Club VR-4 is ready to expand to that degree just yet... I think the membership needs to be sorted INSERT INTO post VALUES (I think £20 is fine); links need to be forged INSERT INTO post VALUES (for parts/servicing discounts, etc); and then maybe review the situation. It'll be much easier to attract members if there is something to offer them beyond a friendly place to chat and meet like-minded owners.... But then again, would that dilute the original spirit and aims of Club VR-4onder:

That's my 10 bobs worth... I'm off to be lonely with my 2.0 GLS:biglaugh:

Last Online
    20-07-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    Ford Mondeo ST200

I don't even have a VR4 INSERT INTO post VALUES (yet) but think upto £20 is not unfair, specially as it is a rather restricted club.

I've already learnt more here in a week than I would have trawling round Mitsi garages in 6 months. Once I get one I would gladly pay a subscription to have access to the knowledge of the other members.

In saying that I currently belong to Mondeo Enthusiast Group which is free, but is a large group, so I suppose they must get a bit in sponsorship money. However STOC INSERT INTO post VALUES (the ST only offshoot) needs to charge as they are too small. Perhaps, as has been mentioned, if you expanded to the whole Galant range, having the bigger base might help?

Have you considered contacting the very few official Ralliart-Mitsubishi dealers for some sort of sponsorship? You probably have so i'll shut-up.
    Last edited by ReggieK; 23-08-2003 at 06:40 PM.
    Ford Mondeo ST200
    Not as fast as a VR-4, but it'll do for me.

Last Online
    13-01-2004
    Country
    New Zealand

NZ members

I have to agree with Pescha, being overseas and on a tight budget i would have little use for the discounts, but find the forums very useful. Perhaps something could be worked out for those overseas???

Not sure how much i could contribute but if it was 20 pounds by the time i pay the bank and transfer the money etc it probably would not be worthwhile for me to pay it.

in the immortal words of the Toyota add bugger.

Look forward to seeing what you propose.

Hobbit!

Name
    M Brindley
    Last Online
    25-05-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Ralliart VR-4 S

Re: NZ members

Originally posted by hobbit

in the immortal words of the Toyota add bugger.
    That is the best advert I've ever seen!

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

I can confirm it will be a cheaper price for overseas members so don't panic

Regards

Pete

Name
    Colin
    Last Online
    17-12-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Alfa Romeo 159

Going for Gold

I'm new to the site and new to the Galant, but this site has been very helpful. I would have to agree that I would prefer to see a little more for other sporting Galants such as the V6 Sport, as there seems to be even less parts and information for mods to this motor than there are for the VR-Beast.

One suggestion is that you offer the first 10-20 memberships as automatic gold memberships on a first come first served basis. At this point you don't have to decide what gold membership will have that is different to standard membership, other than at some point in the future there will be added benefits. This may get the memberships started...and mine would be amongst the first. INSERT INTO post VALUES (Could include a gold members card for example). onder:

@:^)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123